PDA

View Full Version : HalfLife 2

Chenzo
11-23-2004, 02:38 PM
Ok, now I've played a lot of First Person Shooters. I've been doing it since the first Doom and I've played an beaten Doom3. But I've got to say I've had the MOST fun playing Half Life 2.

Look at the power:

http://archive.gamespy.com/previews/may03/halflife2pc/06.jpg

http://archive.gamespy.com/previews/may03/halflife2pc/07.jpg

http://archive.gamespy.com/previews/may03/halflife2pc/08.jpg

Plus as a bonus, this game comes with Counter Strike: Source which is a terrorist vs. anti-terror squad game (like socom) that runs on the Half Life 2 engine.

Oh, and I bought this game totally online. I downloaded their little Steam Engine thingie, paid my $49.00 with my CC and then downloaded both games (4.5 gigs) over night. No CDs, no boxes, no bullshit.

Any other Pcers out there played it yet?

(I know this is a REVIEW site, but I don't know what I can tell you about the game that would make a difference. You have to play it and SEE it to understand.)

[SS]Steve-O
11-23-2004, 05:01 PM
I am buying it when I can spare $70. Or ill just download it for free, what ever comes first.

But like Chenzo said the game is amazing.

Chenzo
11-23-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Steve-O
I am buying it when I can spare $70.

What!? $70!? it's $49.00 thru steam.

And don't use warez versions... This is from this thread (http://www.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=184810&perpage=15&pagenumber=1), but I'll sum it up here for you:

Valve has banned over 20,000 Steam accounts that have been linked with warezed versions of Half-Life 2. One of the users who got banned writes:

on my account i had over 200 dollars worth of legit software. in the consumer world they cant just take it away form u. its like stealing. think about it ppl. vavle should have emailed me and warned i would get banned if i crossed the line or sumthin im sure anyone would stop what they are doing at the time. but no they just decied to take my account. doesnt to them 200 bucks is like 5 cents for them.

[SS]Steve-O
11-23-2004, 06:04 PM
Ya $70 bucks Canadian. although I am going to trade in BFV and ill get it for cheaper.

$200 on a account? Do you pay monthly for the game?

Chenzo
11-24-2004, 09:32 AM
Ya $70 bucks Canadian. although I am going to trade in BFV and ill get it for cheaper.

$200 on a account? Do you pay monthly for the game?

ah... Canadia. I heard about that place.

And you can buy several different games on Steam...

It's funny, it's looking more and more like my clan is going to move to Counter Strike: Source since it's so much freaking fun to play.

[SS]Steve-O
11-24-2004, 10:15 AM
I bought it yesterday off ebay for $35US :O so I should get it within the week. Anyboby want to teach me how to play it? LMAO!

Chenzo
11-24-2004, 01:30 PM
Nice dude... nice...

Half Life 2 was a freaking awesome awesome game...

I think your SC2 skills will carry over.

Chenzo
12-01-2004, 09:50 AM
Ahhh...

they're releasing the HL2 deathmatch mode (it's already got counter strike) and a map editor today...

just look at the POWER of this game (granted this shot is touched up a bit - I think...):

http://steampowered.com/img/HL2DM.jpg

I kinda can't wait till I kill someone with the bathroom sink.

[SS]Steve-O
12-01-2004, 10:43 AM
touched up a bit? lol if it looks that good everybody would buy it just to stare at it.

[SS]Cuervo
12-01-2004, 11:09 AM
i got the game last weekend.. been playing offline mode when i can.. its sweet.. gotta get use to the controls (1st time pc shooter here). The servers last night forr counterstrike was REAL laggy..

Chenzo
12-01-2004, 11:09 AM
touched up a bit? lol if it looks that good everybody would buy it just to stare at it.

hahahaha... get a real video card.

Chenzo
12-01-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by [SS]Cuervo
i got the game last weekend.. been playing offline mode when i can.. its sweet.. gotta get use to the controls (1st time pc shooter here). The servers last night forr counterstrike was REAL laggy..

niiiice... if the servers are laggy, go somewhere else... there's ussually 3000+ servers out there.

Chenzo
12-01-2004, 11:40 AM
I stand corrected... we've decided that it's a computer generated "painting."

[SS]Cuervo
12-01-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Chenzo
niiiice... if the servers are laggy, go somewhere else... there's ussually 3000+ servers out there.

thats the thing.. there was at most 10 servers on last night.. it was REAL BAD... everyone in chat was like.. WTF is going on.,.

Chenzo
12-01-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Cuervo
thats the thing.. there was at most 10 servers on last night.. it was REAL BAD... everyone in chat was like.. WTF is going on.,.

perhaps because of the massive downloads due to the HL2 patch. I dunno... was play'n RvS

[SS]Cuervo
12-01-2004, 03:31 PM
i think it downloaded it automaticlly for me.. explains the stuff before hand i was like.. shit never see this before.. completely forgot about the patch too