PDA

View Full Version : Going back to school

[SS]TuefelHunden
11-08-2004, 04:45 PM
I'm thinking of going back to school to do something with graphics. I've been looking around and I've been giving the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale a hard look. Does anyone have any suggestions on what major to take and how to market myself for employment?

[SS]Rator
11-08-2004, 04:52 PM
it depends on what you want to do. i majored in illustration and now i do websites mostly. lol, id reccomend an overall curriculum. Get as much of everything as you can, a little web, a little drawing, a little print work etc. Best to be as well rounded as possible.

Marketing, you start small, get one or 2 guys under your belt, then have them pass the word. I've worked soley on word of mouth for the mast 10 years.

Good luck!

[SS]TuefelHunden
11-08-2004, 05:02 PM
Thanks man. For now I just love playing around with Photoshop and I'd probably enjoy doing something similar to that, but I've also been kicking around the idea of digital media production. I'm graduating from the University of South Carolina with a major in Criminal Justice this Dec., but I've already decided that I want to do something more creative. Ultimately, I'd like to get into the motion picture industry, but I haven't a clue as to how to get there.

[SS]Shooter
11-08-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Tuefel Hunden
I'm graduating from the University of South Carolina with a major in Criminal Justice this Dec., but I've already decided that I want to do something more creative.
Creativity abounds in law enforcement...Hell, just figuring out the best kind of rubber hose to beat a guy with could take a month or two.