PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Battlefront - Warning!

[SS]Deadeye-R
09-23-2004, 08:52 PM
Just a heads up to those that are thinking of buying this. There is a ton of flaws in this game.

1. The lobby is so screwed its not even funny. The games that are going on are constantly moving up and down the screen. If you actually do click on the game you want, 90% of the time it tells you its full even though it said 2/16. Sometimes you can get in one right away, and other times it takes 20 mins.

2. Remember how the socom beta would kick you out after every game, well this one does pretty much the same unless you happen to get a really good server.

3. The gameplay is fine once you get in. However I have been in rooms that lagged so bad I couldn't even move.

I posted up my opinions on the playstation board and got flamed by a bunch of teenage punks, so I think I'm going to refrain from posting there anymore. Trouble is there is people out there that support this kind of garbage that game companies put out, and that's why they do nothing about these issues is because people still buy it anyway.

So before you buy this one make sure you're prepared for some frustration.

Lucas arts has released a statement saying that they are aware of the issues with the game and are looking for solutions, but we all know we've heard this kind of drabble from gaming companies before, so god only knows if anything will get done.

Hopefully they do take care of these issues because the game is pretty fun.

[SS]Fight[r]
09-23-2004, 08:56 PM
I personally look for only PC Dedicated servers. They seem to work the best. The issues I have seen are:

1. People breathing into the mic.

2. Lag, causing people and objects to disappear and reappear.

3. Difficulties joining games.

And last but not least.

4. Player Stupidity.

[SS]Steve-O
09-23-2004, 09:33 PM
People breathing into the mic.

OMG I can;t stand it. I will leave the room if some focker is doing that. It drives me insane! What i do thou when I just feel like being a complete ass back, is I start to breath as if I have a lot of flem in the back of my throat. Sometimes it works sometimes not.

To be honest I am not sure the actually gameply is worth going through the head aches of the game.

[SS]Fight[r]
09-23-2004, 09:42 PM
Killing Ewoks on Endor sure is!

<WH>Pale Horse
09-23-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Deadeye
Just a heads up to those that are thinking of buying this. There is a ton of flaws in this game.

1. The lobby is so screwed its not even funny. The games that are going on are constantly moving up and down the screen. If you actually do click on the game you want, 90% of the time it tells you its full even though it said 2/16. Sometimes you can get in one right away, and other times it takes 20 mins.

You actually have to wait about a minute or less and let all the rooms load. That's why that happens. The only problems I've had is the lag in some rooms and noises in mics, nothing too bad.

[SS]Deadeye-R
09-24-2004, 03:34 AM
Just an update on this:

* LA released a patch that has stabilized the lobby and has solved the game joining issues. But, the game list in the lobby is long and take a minute to scroll down to find a particular game you are looking for. But on a bright note the game works MUCH better now. That was fast, don't u wish Zipper was that quick :(

[SS]Snakebite
09-24-2004, 11:12 AM
Well this is Lucas and Star Wars we're talking about here. They have a name to uphold. Zipper can only dream to fix things that fast.

I've played several games but must be lucky bcz I didn't notice any lag. My mic hasn't worked at all yet. The only bad thing I've seen so far is spawn campers. They stay far enough away not to take over the base and usually camp in some big machine and blow you away when you respawn. SUX!

[SS]Deadeye-R
09-24-2004, 12:13 PM
(raises hand) Guilty as charged. I don't find it that bad because if people know you are camping that spawn they can just move to the next one. Although, the AI doesn't seem to see the danger in spawning in front of me, so they are killed for their stupidity lol.

My mic hasn't worked either. Usually I hear garbled voice (sounds like chipmunks or ewoks maybe).

[SS]Informer
09-24-2004, 02:06 PM
I have found the opposite, the games i jump into all had working mics, but people kept breathing in them mostly. On top of that people had their TV's really loud, had music in the background and they echoed through the headset when they talked sometimes because of all the background noise.

The gameplay i have seen has been descent at most, but i have been in games where people and vehicles hop around and people dont die. The pc version game rooms are the best to go for until they get the issues fixed. Ther are almost always a green ping and easy to spot.

As for getting booted after a game, it has happened to me many times unless im on a good server, of course. Overall the game is great but Lucas still has to fix the lobby and gameplay bugs still, and they are working on these unlike Zipper.

*The new patch fixed alot of problems, but the gameplay and extra lobby abilities are still being worked on*

[SS]Deadeye-R
09-24-2004, 08:54 PM
They need to fix the sor by button. It seems to just refresh the list. They should have the option of sorting by ping - best to worst.

[SS]Informer
09-24-2004, 11:21 PM
The sort button works now, it sorts by game name,amount of people playing ,ping,and whether its pc or not.

Chenzo
10-04-2004, 09:24 AM
I got this game for the PC.

IMO, it is the WORST FPS I've ever played in my life.

I honestly think that the PC version is just a direct port from the XBox.

No barrel rolls!? AUTO-FUCKING-LEVELING!? Who's flying these space ships? 12 year olds!?

FIVE shots to kill someone? Weak sauce.

THIRD PERSON VEIW!? WTF!? That's what we PC people like to call "pussiness". (Looking around corners WITHOUT exposing yourself is VERY weak sauce.)

Plus it plays like Unreal. Everyone is just running around everywhere shooting everyone.

Lucas Arts can suck my dick.