PDA

View Full Version : Ss Read!!!!

AESEABEEBANNED
09-03-2004, 11:16 PM
i got this from the eseals and from the official ps2 site.. ( not from joe smoe but from admin posts.)

the thing i dont like is a rank reset my 19,000 kills and 8,000 deaths is GONE!!!!
.................................................. .................................................. ....

KICK UP YOUR HEELS! TIME FOR A NEW ONLINE UPDATE!
That's right! It's finally here...the latest update for SOCOM II online that everyone has been anxiously waiting on for some time now. There will be a new SOCOM II update pushed out to all players on Thursday, September 9, 2004. This update will fix the recent exploits that some players have found and are using to boost their overall stats (i.e rank up rooms). A few of the general issues that are being addressed and fixed are:

Adjusting the parameters for having players vote other players. Voting can no longer be used as an exploit to warn someone that an enemy is behind them. With the new update, you can no longer vote someone when you are watching the player from the dead player spectator mode. So no more using votes to warn the players that someone is behind them.
Fixed the areas where players were getting outside of the map or into specific objects not originally intended by the game's creators.
Resolved a few outstanding disconnect issues
Due to these recent exploits, some players have been able to gain an unfair advantage in the ranking system and therefore we will be resetting the ladder ranking for all players.
So read the fine print...EVERYONE'S STATS WILL BE RESET! So all players will start over as if it's a new release and then can't use rank up rooms to become admirals without going through the trials of battle.

[SS]Rator
09-03-2004, 11:45 PM
We also heard about this, and heh, we'll see what it brings, i bet it brings some solutions to some problems and more NEW fresh problems. Crossing our fingers, thanks SB!

[SS]Informer
09-04-2004, 09:35 AM
Im crossing my fingers that we dont get any more problems and that they fix problems that were problems and not little things that never bothered us.

75R Airborne
09-04-2004, 04:30 PM
I can't wait for the rumors to start after the patch is released (assuming it will actually be released). I can see it now on all the message boards:

"THIS IS BS, THEY GAVE THE IW-80 MORE RECOIL!!!"

"THE M14 ISN'T AS POWERFUL ANYMORE!"

"IT TAKES 3 HITS WITH AN M87ELR TO KILL SOMEONE NOW!"

"THE SEALS ARE WEARING CHECKERED SOCKS ON CROSSROADS!!"

And what will be the next "noob weapon"? First it was the GL's, then it was the M14, then it was the M60, now anyone using an IW-80 is an "IW Whore".

I love this game whatreyout

[SS]Dr.Who
09-04-2004, 06:30 PM
Since I have never used the IW, does that make me an IW-a-phobe? LOL rofl

[SS]Informer
09-04-2004, 06:33 PM
No it makes you a good player doc, lol since you dont use it no one bitches.

[SS]SportoFu
09-04-2004, 06:48 PM
There's ALWAYS gonna be something to shift blame onto. It doesn't matter what kind of guns are available, the best one will be the "newb" gun . . . and anyone using it will be a bastard. lol.

[SS]Rator
09-04-2004, 09:24 PM
i want to be able to punch and kick.

[SS]Informer
09-04-2004, 09:41 PM
I want that sneaky shit like the throat cutting, strangling, and rifle butting for sneaking up like in single player.

~~HF~~ Roket
09-04-2004, 09:57 PM
RA-14 will be the next noob gun, it's pretty much the same as the IW anyway.