PDA

View Full Version : Be on the look out for this glitch

Kitten Killer
07-17-2004, 06:26 AM
Snake glitch

Poeple have figured out how to appear as if they're laying down but they are moving at a full speed as if they're standing up straight. I don't think it's any harder to kill them, just harder to see them. I think they are really standind and if you shoot where there body should be you'll still hit them.

Most of us have seen this once or twice with one person for one round. While playing The Ruins, three guys were doing it every round.

[SS]Shooter
07-17-2004, 11:34 AM
We have seen this.

In some cases its done on purpose; however, in other cases the person its happening to doesn't know it's happening, and it's a server problem. That sounds like what happened in your case...

I've seen people do it on accident most often on Ruins. BUT I've seen people do it on purpose (say after a round) on DG and Crossroads.

[SS]Fight[r]
07-17-2004, 12:50 PM
I have never seen this as a server problem...

AESEABEEBANNED
07-17-2004, 06:55 PM
i also have seen this a few times. i think it may be lagg because the person doing it doesnt realize it. i have seen a few people go prone and then do the snake and on there screen they are walking and on ours its laying down. i dont think its a cheat because if it was we would have seen it in socom 1 and if you look at any of the cheat boards no one speaks of it. i check the boards on a day to day basis for ammo in clan wars if we see people doing it. because we now film all our matches

Cowboy
07-18-2004, 02:56 AM
I've seen one of my clan members do this on accident. Believe me, he has no idea how to do a single glitch and would never try. I have seen people do it on purpose as well.

<AE> JustinBANNED
07-18-2004, 03:10 AM
yea i've seen it as a server glitch one time too. hey fight where at in KY are you?

[SS]Fight[r]
07-18-2004, 04:57 AM
I'm in Lexington.

<AE> JustinBANNED
07-18-2004, 02:11 PM
cool. im about 20 miles from Louisville

Weeper
07-18-2004, 09:33 PM
Hey ... I preached a youth revival in Lexington at a Church of God back in '99.

My brother-in-law graduated from Seminary in Louisville way back in the mid 80's.

<AE> JustinBANNED
07-18-2004, 09:39 PM
cool

B_Dub_a_u
07-19-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by AESEABEE
i also have seen this a few times. i think it may be lagg because the person doing it doesnt realize it. i have seen a few people go prone and then do the snake and on there screen they are walking and on ours its laying down. i dont think its a cheat because if it was we would have seen it in socom 1 and if you look at any of the cheat boards no one speaks of it. i check the boards on a day to day basis for ammo in clan wars if we see people doing it. because we now film all our matches

I also have a cheat/glitch site that I visit for informational purposes (it is sad I know, but you have to be able to reckonize a glither). The site that I visit does have this glitch on it. It tells you how to do it as a seal or terrorist.

<AE> JustinBANNED
07-19-2004, 04:52 PM
it happened to me last night, i was playin and a guy on the other team was snaking around all over the map, after he shot me he jumped up did a dance and ran and then jumped down and snaked some more. whatreyout nonono

[SS]Fight[r]
07-19-2004, 06:17 PM
I'm starting to see this a lot! And the sad part is... no one will vote these jokers out!

<AE> JustinBANNED
07-19-2004, 06:21 PM
yea i know and that is some grade A BS

75R Airborne
07-19-2004, 08:00 PM
It is in fact something that people can do at will. I've been on the same team with someone who said, "Hey, watch this..." and there he was slithering around the map like a snake. Which is fitting if you think about it. Finally a glitch that portrays these cheaters for what they are.

Weeper
07-19-2004, 08:10 PM
I have heard that it is a variation of the glitch where it looks like they are gliding along or moon walking per se'

However, I did not know that they had perfected it.

<AE> JustinBANNED
07-19-2004, 08:16 PM
hell yea well said

[SS]Fight[r]
07-19-2004, 11:17 PM
Actually... its called "Snake Glitch"

Kitten Killer
07-21-2004, 02:46 PM
One of them showed me how to do it. Its not hard just takes some time. I showed the rest of my clan how to do in retaliation if it's done to us again. I know [SS] doesn't condone cheating/glitching but if you guys, [SS], what to know how to do it just email me and I'll tell you. Once you do it back to someone who is doing it they either stop or leave the room.

[SS]Rator
07-21-2004, 03:14 PM
We dont play the "retaliation" game. 2 wrongs don't make a right. We dont need to. We kill them anyway. Then they feel like even bigger dicks cuase they can't beat us even if they cheat us.

Thanks for the offer, but no thanks.

Kitten Killer
07-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Thats a much better sportsmanship look at the problem. However, we were having a bad enough problem without them cheating.

[SS]Rator
07-21-2004, 09:44 PM
Ok first KK said this

"One of them showed me how to do it. Its not hard just takes some time. I showed the rest of my clan how to do in retaliation if it's done to us again. I know [SS] doesn't condone cheating/glitching but if you guys, [SS], what to know how to do it just email me and I'll tell you. Once you do it back to someone who is doing it they either stop or leave the room."

Then I said this

"We dont play the "retaliation" game. 2 wrongs don't make a right. We dont need to. We kill them anyway. Then they feel like even bigger dicks cuase they can't beat us even if they cheat us.

Thanks for the offer, but no thanks."

NAVY, that should have been enough for you to know not to post that in here. I am going to remove those few posts. Doc, thanks, I know you meant well, but please leave the repremanding to me. I will take the responsibility.

Thanks for everyones understanding, and for future reference, please DO NOT post how to cheat in our public forums.

Thank you.

Kitten Killer
07-21-2004, 09:45 PM
Sorry guys I didn't want to have that happen.

Kitten Killer
07-21-2004, 09:48 PM
Thanks Rator

[SS]Rator
07-21-2004, 09:49 PM
its ok, not your fault.

I have added a Forums Rules post...

http://seasnipers.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2377