PDA

View Full Version : Aborters

S0LD13R
06-05-2004, 08:45 AM
Hey [SS]

I'm from Europe and we're having a huge problem here on Socom2. Aborters. If they're losing, they abort so they don't lose any points and stay at the same rank. And the winning team ain't getting the pionts they deserve. The people who don't abort (like me) have a bad rank and people who abort think they're actually good, it S*CKS !

But on Americain servers there's nothing to find about aborters. Was this never a problem or did you solve it ? If so: HOW ?!

I thank you for your time and keep up the good work !
S0LD13R

(PS: Sorry for the sucky english, I hope it's a little readable)

Badger
06-05-2004, 11:12 AM
Hmmm, it use to work the exact opposite over here. If you aborted you would lose points. But since the update we recieved it doesn't seem to matter much. I have found that since the update the ranking has stabilzed about a 1000%. Before the update you would get booted or abort and be drasitcally reduced in points thus dropping you in rank. What we've grown to realize is that rank doesn't mean anything because there are some "beaver teeth" out there who are damn good players and there are some captains who you wonder how they ever recieved their wings.

Sorry SS for answering a question posed to you guys but I had to put in my 2 cents;)

S0LD13R
06-05-2004, 12:02 PM
Yeah, ranking means nothing now. Bad players are ranked high and fair, good players are ranked low. The older players (most aborters are 12 year-olds) are getting that ranking doesn't mean a thing. It still sucks that fair players are lowering in rank just because they play fair. Sony and Zipper aren't doing anything about it :(

75R Airborne
06-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Sony and Zipper aren't doing anything about it :( [/B]

There's the shock of the century :eek: . I'll take aborters any day over the wanna-be gangsters I have to listen to on the microphone almost every day, saying things to people that they would only have the stones to say behind the security of their television sets. The Internet has given birth to phoney tough guys who now have an outlet to run their big mouths without any fear of consequence. It's ashame that the majority of players can't just seem to be content with playing the game and acting civil. Everything's gotta be a dick-measuring contest these days. Why do people think they have something to prove on a video game?

Ok, I'm done now :D

[SS]Rator
06-05-2004, 01:35 PM
Yeah i hear that bro. Come get some for real is what i say!

As far as rankings, BAH! Fuck the rankings, they NEVER meant shit and they will NEVER mean shit. THink about it, if theres even ONE glitch or codebreaker or gameshark out there, or the rank up rooms or picking up the pistol trick or the m16 auto trick, seriously RANK MEANS NOTHING!!!

EVERYONE SHOULD FORGET ABOUT THIER SOCOM RANKS!!!

This is the biggest bunch of crap ever! What are you ranked on the ladders? These days THAT rank barely means shit too with all the cheaters and plug-pullers.

Let me tell you all right now, the day they remove the ranking system, is the day we all stop lagging. I guaran-fucking-tee it!

Sony/Zipper also need to set up some kind of system to prevent plug-pulling and downloading.

Well, in closing, forget your ranks. they're bullshit. My mom can get on Socom tommorow and have a better rank than everyone. It's not how well you play anymore, its how well you cheat.

oh, and BTW, EVERYONE STOP FUCKING USING NEXTEL'S!!! THAT IS ALSO CHEATING!!! The dead cant talk to the living.

75R Airborne
06-05-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Rator

Let me tell you all right now, the day they remove the ranking system, is the day we all stop lagging. I guaran-fucking-tee it!

You might be on to something there. I'm sure that would dramatically improve the gaming experience seeing as how there would be so much less real-time information to be transmitted at the same time. Who cares about bonus objectives, TRACK THE FUCKING HIT REGISTRY!!!!

Badger
06-05-2004, 03:28 PM
Yeah i hear that bro. Come get some for real is what i say!

As far as rankings, BAH! Fuck the rankings, they NEVER meant shit and they will NEVER mean shit. THink about it, if theres even ONE glitch or codebreaker or gameshark out there, or the rank up rooms or picking up the pistol trick or the m16 auto trick, seriously RANK MEANS NOTHING!!!

EVERYONE SHOULD FORGET ABOUT THIER SOCOM RANKS!!!

This is the biggest bunch of crap ever! What are you ranked on the ladders? These days THAT rank barely means shit too with all the cheaters and plug-pullers.

Sony/Zipper also need to set up some kind of system to prevent plug-pulling and downloading.

Well, in closing, forget your ranks. they're bullshit. My mom can get on Socom tommorow and have a better rank than everyone. It's not how well you play anymore, its how well you cheat.

oh, and BTW, EVERYONE STOP FUCKING USING NEXTEL'S!!! THAT IS ALSO CHEATING!!! The dead cant talk to the living.

This is the first time I have ever seen Rator upset. :eek: I agree with him 100%, I had known about people using AIM but now we have Nextel to deal with???? What next for fuck sakes.

As for the rankings I also agree they got rid of them in Socom 1, and with doing so they also got rid of alot of cheaters. Remember when the rankings were finally turned on Airborne? Everyone had their real rank, now it all means shit.

[SS]Steve-O
06-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Lol it sucks Bager. We played this one clan, where someone would talk over the headset and you could here the nextel/mic in the background. Then the next guy would talk and the same deal. Then once the match would start, right when we would kill someone the guy say with a 552 SD the next guy not even close to him would know exactly where our guy was.

~~HF~~ Roket
06-05-2004, 08:28 PM
We have the same problem Down Under, and yes most of them are 12 year old kids here too.

One of the latest culprits is a guy called RoadRager who is over 30 and old enough to know better. Not only does he admit it, he actually tries to defend his actions, which sets a bad example for the younger gamers. I've made it my personal mission to expose this loser to the entire online community as a cheat. He freely admits to glitching too, M16 Auto is his favourite. Hardly the way a clan leader should carry one, as now most of his clan do it too. He even threatened to track down and beat up one of my clan members who had a go at him for glitching, Loser!

I agree that rank means jack, but he is getting seriously pissed off at me for attacking him, as he is getting voted out of games constantly since I went after him. And I am having a great old laugh. The sooner they agree to delete the ranking the better.

[SS]Fight[r]
06-06-2004, 03:03 PM
The only time i cared about my rank was when the game came out and everyone believed it was fair. It really just stupid. Sony/zipper should start listening to the real players. The ones who play the game for what it is and not to cheat to get a good rank. Cause i garentee that 70% of the people who cheat, do it for rank. And turning the rank off would most likely cause a lot of people to give up on the glitchs to rank up (pistol and rank respawn rooms).

I played about 7 games last night with [SS]. We lost 1 game that whole night; being terrorist and SEALs. I was doing pretty damn good to. I bet we had 4 or 5 sweeps in there too. My rank got worse by 8,000 after all those games. As i said, its stupid.

I've had 2 sayings about the rank since the game came out.

Before update:
"Its not HOW well you play, its WHO you play."

After Update: Said by Rator
"Its not HOW well you play, its HOW well you cheat."

To be back on the original topic. Yes, we do have a big problem with people aborting. Just last night, we had probably about 10 people abort through out the whole night. I remember we were playing Shadow Falls. And after the first round, about 4 SEALs had aborted. Its sad really, how people can be so immpatient and afraid to lose rank.

S0LD13R
06-06-2004, 03:31 PM
It probably causes lots of lag and discconects to. Today, I was in a try-out room, the first thing they asked was my ranking.
:rolleyes: 'Okay, next room...'

Kitten Killer
06-07-2004, 02:50 AM
I learned a long time ago to take my ass kickings like a man, it's the only way to get better. I wouldn't abort if I was 0-11. I would ask to run it back again when the game was over.

I'm legitimatly 80,000. I think thats around top 10%, top 5% after you take out all the cheaters. But it doesn't matter, because I still kill myself whenever possible at the end of a round right after I kill all hostages. I never kill my teammates after a round because some people, like myself, do keep track of their stats not their rank.

It doesn't matter though, I'll do my talking with my suicides because no one was able kill me rather than the cookie next to my name in the lobby.

[SS]Dr.Who
06-07-2004, 08:50 AM

:::Nextel Beep........ No more Nextels, 10 - 4 Rator........Nextel Beep::: lol

Instead of Nextel gets things done. I should say Nextel gets games won. LOL

[SS]Fight[r]
06-07-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Kitten Killer

I'm legitimatly 80,000. I think thats around top 10%, top 5% after you take out all the cheaters. But it doesn't matter, because I still kill myself whenever possible at the end of a round right after I kill all hostages. I never kill my teammates after a round because some people, like myself, do keep track of their stats not their rank.

Yeah, I'm the same way. I watch my stats like crazy. The kill/death ratio for sure. And the rounds won to lost.