PDA

View Full Version : Washed out.................. maps

[SS]Dr.Who
04-19-2004, 09:03 AM
Just curious if anyone else is having this issue................
Since the patch I have noticed that (more so in X-Roads) that the screen is extremely washed out. you look "downmap" and all I see is bright yellow "glow".

Example when as a terrorist I stand on the stairs at the spwan point an I cannot see the market place door into the bldg, I cannot see the stairs down the left alleyway, I cannot see the free standing sign either. As I look right I cannot see the front of the Terrorist base. Nor can I even see these areas listed through the snuiper rifle.
As a terrorist I used to be able to prone down at the spawn point and cover past the sign on the left and the top of the stairs past the market place, and used to be able to see the entire area up to the large wall in front of terrorist base (snipe peeps as they try to run across into terr. base).

SEAL spawn used to be able to see all the way to the dumpster down the left alleyway and the baskets down the right alleyway. NOW>>>>>>>>>. washed out and cannot see even half way down to either area.

I also have this issue sometimes on FOXHUNT and BITTER JUNGLE.

I thought maybe by turning up the brightness on my tv before the patch had somehow caused this problem, so I reset my video settings to default and it is still the same, and has been since the patch................ this sux because sniping is an absolute blast on these maps. But sniping aside, the map(s) is(are) still this way no matter what weapons I use or dont use.............................

[SS]Rator
04-19-2004, 11:17 AM
i didnt notice a change, thought it was always like that. Weird. All i can think is that they turned up the fog level to reduce the amount of polygons that are drawn on screen at one time to improve game play/framerates.

[SS]Dr.Who
04-19-2004, 11:35 AM
Oh GREAT!!!! Now I got freakin Polygon problems. First I got cheater/glitchers, then I get washed out.... not I gotta deal with fucked up polygons!!!!!!!!!!! Whens it all gonna end????????????????????? LOL So Rator you are tryin to say X-Roads is a polygon reduction ZONE? lol