PDA

View Full Version : Copyright

~~HF~~ Roket
03-16-2004, 08:03 AM
Just wondering how you guys feel about other clan using material from your site. I have seen the Socom maps on alot of clan websites and I doubt they all asked permission. I am using them with Rator's blessing, but I wonder how many other clans bothered to ask.

[SS]CJ
03-16-2004, 08:54 AM
Seems like once a month or two someones brings it to Rators attention that someone is using his work. He usually takes care of it right away. There could be a lot more instances that I never hear about.

[SS]Informer
03-16-2004, 09:55 AM
Good thing you asked lol, he would have went Rick James on ya.
j/k

Weeper
03-16-2004, 10:09 AM
He has the following statement about use of maps on the maps page of the Sea Snipers site:

Map renditions designed and Copyrighted by Generator Studios 2003-04. Please feel free to use them for tactical purposes. All we ask is that you do not edit them (other than for tactics) and be sure to post a link to the Sea Snipers site and give credit to both Generator Studios and the SS. Not for use in any other medium such as print, tv, etc...without written permission from Generator Studios Thanks.

So all anyone really has to do is give credit where credit is due.

However, that is for MAPS only. Any other images would have to be by permission of Rator himself as some of found out.

[SS]Rator
03-16-2004, 01:01 PM
yep rite, thanks weeper, everyone can use the maps, but you gotta host em from your own site and link to us and give us a line of credit etc. But if you see ANY of my other graphics, please let me know.

Thanks for the heads up Hellfish!

~~HF~~ Roket
03-16-2004, 06:31 PM
No worries ;)

Badger
03-17-2004, 12:57 AM
Thank you for the PM that you sent to Corpse, Rocket, I assure you that those clowns have no permission and will be informed of the copyright infringements that they have made.

Thank you once again from the Wolfhounds.

Brigadier General
<WH>Badger