PDA

View Full Version : Question For Rator...

Maelos
03-10-2004, 07:22 PM
I know this could be a pm, but that would defeat the purpose of the discussion I want to start.

Anyway I was wondering how you made the water effect (ripple) in some of your works?

Reason being: I plan on using the techniques, or whatever you can tell/give me to make some small simple things. One being the little "name banners" I am doing for different people. I am sure I will not be able to reach the proffesional level Rator is at, but I would at least like to have fun with it.

I was also wondering where you (Rator) think the best places to get computers are? Whether it be a general "specialty store" answer, or even a specific website, I would enjoy seeing what you guys have to say. Reason being, when I, a 16 year old, get a car and pursue a better paying job (even though refereeing is a good $17/hour minimum, cant work that much).

What do you guys think?

[SS]Rator
03-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Well, i started doing this stuff when i was like 21 or so and im 32 now. Went to the University of the Arts in Philly, PA and nabbed a BFA in Illustration. Taught myself computer stuff and learned from friends.

Water stuff, use a 3d app, and photoshop or photography.

Computers, i use a Macintosh Dual 500mhz G4 with some ram and some disk space, heh. Also have a Compaq 2.4 Gb Pentium 4 with some kind of phat ass video card, also have a compaq 800mhz laptop and a Mac, G3 300 mhz desktop.

Dont know what you want, but i get stuff from Mac Warehouse.

Maelos
03-11-2004, 04:26 PM
so would that be a no to the "help" question? I am getting the feeling that there is no way for a rookie -> me to do this?

I was hoping to get a crazy laptop for my senoir gift, and have started saving now.

OS: Latest Redhat Linux / XP Home (one for job [coding hopefully], other for CS etc)

Laptop
Specs....
AMD Athlon 64 Notebook Computer, DVD/CDRW
Display: 15" SXGA+
CPU: Mobile AMD Athlon 64 3400+ //and counting!
Memory: 1GB
HDD: 60GB 7200rpm
CD: DVD/CDRW
External FDD: Yes
Battery: Smart Li-Ion Battery
Software: None
Carry Bag: Included
Modem: 56K Modem
Network Adapter: Inegrated 10/100 Ethernet LAN

..yeah, hopes are high! But I can try cant I?! Besides, my uncle who is sending me a "spare" laptop to learn Unix

Then I will learn the following:
JAVA (school, almost 3/4 done)
UNIX(self/oriely book)
PERL(self/oriely book)
PhP(friend)
~and so on

I hope to bedoing what I am now, but better, and - school.:D