PDA

View Full Version : Yes!!!! no more wall jump!

HollowPoint
03-10-2004, 11:22 AM
As of this morning, march 10th 2004 sony has released a memory card patch to fix various glitches such as wall jump, other wall glitches and some amount of lag ! heeellllllllllllllllllll yeah!large

Weeper
03-10-2004, 11:43 AM
How do you download it or is it automatic?

[SS]Grunt
03-10-2004, 12:14 PM
Really,,,,,,,,,,,,, when does this go into effect:D

Weeper
03-10-2004, 12:48 PM
Oh ... and I hope its mandatory to download or you can't logon.

Weeper
03-10-2004, 12:52 PM
FOUND THIS ON THE SONY BOARDS:
-----------------------------------------------

AS YOU ALL MAY KNOW, SONY/ZIPPER FIXED TONS OF THINGS DURING THE MANTIENCE, AND WHEN YOU LOG ON, YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD A PATCH IN ORDER TO PLAY.
I HAVE CONCLUDED A LIST OF THINGS I HAVE NOTICED...

Official Socom 2 Fixes: By m37h0dm4n(REDSTAR)
-No More Wall Jumping
-Mostly All Glitches Fixed (Not on Crossroads!!) note by HawkeyeSG
-All Guns Tweaked(ESPECIALLY THE M60E3 NO MORE ACCURACY)
-Silenced Guns Less Powerful
-No More Roof Jumping On Vigilance/Crossroads
-Characters are taller, and are more bright
-No More Shotgun Light Left In Dark Areas
-Now get voted off during the game, does not wait until round is over
-Grendes can be thrown further
-It says Rv00002 on the main menu and MARCH 1st 2004(Revision 2)
-M60E3 HAS LONGER RELOAD TIME
-Sniper Rifles Power Tweaked
-M3 12 GUAGE not as powerful
-Better graphics on maps
-Night vision glitch fixed
-Cheaters locked out, and also no vote glitch fixed

ALSO MAY BE ALOT MORE.. WILL ADD WHEN FOUND!

Weeper
03-10-2004, 12:54 PM
Here's the link:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=socom2&message.id=281607

[SS]Snakebite
03-10-2004, 01:49 PM
Yes, there is a patch....... WOOHOOO!

[SS]Dr.Who
03-10-2004, 02:01 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to get online tonight now!!!!!!!!!!

Shit the link doesnt work I get................

Message Not Found

The Message you are trying to access has been deleted. Please update your bookmarks.

[SS]Grunt
03-10-2004, 02:17 PM
same here. can u shoot it again

[SS]Cuervo
03-10-2004, 02:55 PM
SS please review Breaking News on this matter

Weeper
03-10-2004, 04:20 PM
Here's a link to the Socom 2 board on Playstation.com

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board?board.id=socom2

There are many thread on this subject today.

[SS]Cuervo
03-10-2004, 04:30 PM
thats cuz all the cheaters who thought they were SOOOO good cuz they mastered it.. now are back to square one..

~~HF~~ Roket
03-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Great news, should be preinstalled on our version of the game. Can't wait :D

[SS]Cuervo
03-10-2004, 06:34 PM
yep you should be all good.. us Yankees being the World Beta Testers. How lucky you didnt have to go through our pain

Weeper
03-10-2004, 07:00 PM
You should hear all the cheaters gripping.

Bout time they griped for a change.

LOL!!!
:D

[SS]Grifter
03-11-2004, 12:52 PM
I'm with you Weeps...I's funny to watch the wall jumpers cry, "It wasn't a glitch!! It was part of the game!!" I'm still wondering what planet they came from that jumping againt a wall to move faster is part of the game......

Kinda like the players that used to do the claymore jump. "It's part of the game!" Ok, tell ya what. Come to my house, I'll plant a claymore at your feet, when I set it off, you jump, and we'll see if you can get to the top of my garage. Oh, in one piece I might add...lol

[SS]Dr.Who
03-11-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Cuervo
yep you should be all good.. us Yankees being the World Beta Testers. How lucky you didnt have to go through our pain

As long as HF doesnt put World Beta Testers SUCK button in their signatures. LOL

[SS]Deadeye-R
03-11-2004, 02:53 PM
Beta Tester??? Bah, that wasn't a beta test. If it had been a beta test none of that stuff would have been in the game in the firts place. I wish the beta forums still existed so I could review everything we told them about, and see what was actually done!! NOTHING!!!

About the new patch: At first I thought it made a BIG difference. Then as I played some more I thought there is a little difference (in gameplay), but now I don't think it has really improved game play at all. Sure some of the annoyances are gone, like the default voice mod thing, and the voting, but the gameplay if fundamentally the same. Still lots of lag, still missed hit recognition . . . not sure what they will be able to do about any of this . . . oh yea, better servers might help!!

[SS]Snakebite
03-11-2004, 04:11 PM
I had the same problems Deadeye did last night. Same lag, same ole crap.

Today, however, I played for a couple of hours at lunch and noticed a huge difference. The auto-shotty seems less powerful tho (sorry Rator, hehe).

Of course the "0" lag I seen today could be from the lack of 30,000 + players online.

~~HF~~ Roket
03-11-2004, 05:30 PM
This is really great news, one of the players here who is referred to as the "Glitch King" is already complaining and it hasn't even been released yet. :D

HollowPoint
03-11-2004, 09:25 PM
dude this kicks sooo much ass ty weeper for all of those but you missed at least one--terr will be glad to hear breaches are only one point now
oh yeah--THIS KICKS ASS

MidgetLover
03-13-2004, 08:00 PM
All you hear now is the people that say the patch was crap. I dont think so, they did a good job of making everything vary once again. The guns are way better, now the true skilled players get to show off, and I like that. Well [SS] just wanted to make a message so you guys didn't think a fell off the face of the earth. Also thanks for the list of what they have changed, I am glad that I finally know what really was changed. Well you guys rock, =) while you kill.