PDA

View Full Version : Making a Murder on Netflix

[SS]Kokido
01-08-2016, 09:00 PM
Is anyone else watching this?!

OMG! I got suggested to watch it and binged the first 3 episodes, each episode ends with a good cliff hanger and really wanting you to watch the next one. I am almost done with it, great show.

True crime documentary, follows Steven Avery as he was convicted of a crime he didn't commit and spends 18 years in prison for it. He gets out for a year or so and then a he is back in jail for murder. I have read a few articles that argues the show misses some key facts on the case but I really think it is worth watching.

[SS]Chief
01-08-2016, 09:40 PM
My wife and I just finished it up. We binged watched it for two days....

It was awesome.....

[SS]Skinman
01-09-2016, 11:40 AM
I saw that on the news. They say Netflix only did half of an investigation and that Avery really is guilty. They say Netflix help free a guilty man. Some things Netflix didn't mention about the case:

FROM pajiba.com (http://www.pajiba.com/netflix_movies_and_tv/is-steven-avery-guilty-evidence-making-a-murderer-didnt-present.php)
-- Past criminal activity also included threatening a female relative at gunpoint.

-- In the months leading up to Halbach's disappearance, Avery had called Auto Trader several times and always specifically requested Halbach to come out and take the photos.

-- Halbach had complained to her boss that she didn't want to go out to Avery's trailer anymore, because once when she came out, Avery was waiting for her wearing only a towel (this was excluded for being too inflammatory). Avery clearly had an obsession with Halbach.

-- On the day that Halbach went missing, Avery had called her three times, twice from a *67 number to hide his identity.

-- The bullet with Halbach's DNA on it came from Avery's gun, which always hung above his bed.

-- Avery had purchased handcuffs and leg irons like the ones Dassey described holding Halbach only three weeks before (Avery said he's purchased them for use with his girlfriend, Jodi, with whom he'd had a tumultuous relationship -- at one point, he was ordered by police to stay away from her for three days).

-- Here's the piece of evidence that was presented at trial but not in the series that I find most convincing: In Dassey's illegally obtained statement, Dassey stated that he helped Avery moved the RAV4 into the junkyard and that Avery had lifted the hood and removed the battery cable. Even if you believe that the blood in Halbach's car was planted by the cops (as I do), there was also non-blood DNA evidence on the hood latch. I don't believe the police would plant -- or know to plant -- that evidence.

[SS]Kokido
01-09-2016, 12:31 PM
Wow thanks Skinny!

My wife says she feels he is guilty, I can't believe that they didn't put the fact he had called and asked for Halbach and she complained! Really raises the question why the directors would leave it out, unless they are want to show a one sided case.

[SS]Midnight
01-10-2016, 12:21 AM
You need another "er" in the subject line. Confused me a bit there.

I just started on this. I only got part way through the first episode so far.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qxgbdYaR_KQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[SS]Kokido
01-10-2016, 02:16 PM
Thanks Midnight!

[SS]CJ
01-10-2016, 09:01 PM
I'm on the second episode. First episode was OK.