PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Respawning Room Opportunists

Chaoshumor
03-01-2004, 04:52 PM
Hey everyone,

As you all know I'm trying to sharpen my skills with the wonderful advice that I have received here. One of my favorite ways for doing this is by going into "respawning" rooms. These are great for me because I can always come back and try again regardless of how many times I die. I'm actually getting better, and I usually rank in the middle in the final rankings!:D But the problem is that I always notice, if the title of the respawning room has "Newbie" or any of the various form of the term there are always at least 2-4 players that are far more advance that come in there just for target practice on us relatively new players.:mad: This totally sucks because it totally curves the game for the rest of us. I hoped on Sunday night and created a respawning room based on Abandoned and I couldn't believe that 2 guys from the opposition just kept wiping me and my team out. I made the mistake of calling the room "NewbieRespawn" so I take partial responsibility, but am I just being stupid or is this really not cool for more experienced player to take advantage of newer players? Thanks all

Chaoshumor

[SS]Cuervo
03-01-2004, 05:12 PM
It will help by limiting the "rank" of people who can enter. If you really want it to be limited to NEWBS then perhaps make it so no one above Lt can come into the room.

[SS]Dr.Who
03-01-2004, 05:19 PM
Cuervo is right. Limit the rank. This (in my opinion) is the ONLY benefit of the ranking system. To allow seperation of rank for Newbs to get to be Newbs...................................

[SS]Cuervo
03-01-2004, 05:26 PM
that or go into ensign only servers

[SS]Grunt
03-01-2004, 06:12 PM
Good then he will think im a "REAL" ensign and i will warm him up! lol.

Chaoshumor
03-01-2004, 06:55 PM
The only problem with that is the actual ranking system. The first time I ever logged in I was ranked immediately to Lieutant! Granted I'm getting better and I can hang now, but I'm still getting slaughtered by the people who are high up on the LT rank! I guess I'll just have to improve even faster.:mad:

[SS]Cuervo
03-01-2004, 07:09 PM
create another profile.. if you want a proctice one.. and commit alot of suicides.. hehe to keep you in the ensigns

Chaoshumor
03-01-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Cuervo
create another profile.. if you want a proctice one.. and commit alot of suicides.. hehe to keep you in the ensigns

THAT'S TOTALLY MESSED UP!!!

I like it.:D We'll see, but that is a reasonable alternative.;)