PDA

View Full Version : Getting better

Maelos
02-29-2004, 03:16 PM
Ok, lets say youve been playing for a while, and have even held capitan for a week. You have become adept at each map and are now just refining your skills. What do you do next?

The biggest problem for me is stability. One game I might go 11-2 and the next 5-7. I just seem to have a hard time staying in the "mode". I know that SS is a well known clan and that at least some of you have played this game for a while. I was wondering what kind of advice you could give? Is there some kind of training session I could go to, or even my whole clan (JSD, squad 2) to learn to get better?

I am currently shifting from a sniper to my old silenced self. I have always been good at spotting and sneaking up on enemy positions, and I still have the ability to go all out sniper if I need to. Its just that our clan is forming up and the assult/stealth weapon serves teams more than a lone sniper.

Any advice??

[SS]Grifter
02-29-2004, 03:30 PM
Honestly? No....Every map is different for different people. No matter how well you know it, you'll always come across people that will have a better game than you.

[SS]CJ
02-29-2004, 06:50 PM
For me, knowing the map inside and out comes first. Once that is accomplished, it's all about adjusting to your enemy. If you work over the enemy a couple rounds in a row, they will eventually change up. You have to be able to recognize their changes and modify your strategy accordingly. This part of the game is what excites and motivates me. Of course it goes the other way also. Sometimes the enemy has a strategy that is working and my team is getting owned round after round. Although I hate losing just like anybody else, it's kinda fun trying to figure out a way to stop the enemy.

[SS]Steve-O
02-29-2004, 07:04 PM
I truly belive that if you want to get better its all about minimizing the time it takes to hit your target. The way I try and do this is by forcing my self to use that M16A2. This gun is awsome for learning how to aim and get quicker at doing it becuase you cannot just run across the screen holding R2. It takes 2 hits I belive to take some one down with the gun so if and when you hit someone he will go down. Only problem I have with the gun is that if the room is lagging you are not going to get anykills. The M16 is a gun where you have to lead your target, so if your target is lagging your a fish out of water.

Maelos
02-29-2004, 08:31 PM
True true. So in essence....:

1.) learn the maps
2.) apply the knowlege to improve your tactics (ie: seals in fishhook :mad: )
3. ) learn to fire with deadlier accuracy by forcing yourself to use guns that would normally be a challenge (very good one, in fact I need some more machine practice to get my old m4/552sd skills back.

Thanks for the replies! I'd appreciate more though, I didnt make this thread for just me you know....

Maelos
03-06-2004, 09:59 AM
Well, after a little work with the M16, I am happy to say that it REALLY WORKS. Its worked so well, that its the only gun I use unless I actually need to try. I got 2 MVPs last night in a room with some of the better clans I know: Sik, DTW, VvV, and 3-D. It was great fun but I still have one final question to ask.

What is the best weapon to use as a terrorist if you normally can pull off "drop shots" from range?

reason being, the 552sd (my original plan) is incredible weak, and there is almost no way of taking down groups of 2 or 3 with it.