PDA

View Full Version : Help!

MJBABYAIR23
02-29-2004, 02:24 PM
Hey sea snipers i gotta ask a question...... when u play socom online u have the controller set a certain way right........... so how can i get the quick buttons up but not lose x as shoot button and the o as speacial thing etc... i want all the same settins as when u start but a hot key for a second weapon. Can anyone help me? plz reply:confused:

[SS]Grifter
02-29-2004, 03:26 PM
Myself, I use the default settings for my quick 2 button, and set my R2 to fire. This is just what works best for me.

Weeper
02-29-2004, 03:38 PM
You can't with the settings you are currently using.

[SS]CJ
02-29-2004, 06:44 PM
I'm afraid Weeper is right. I believe the preset you are using is sure shot. If you change to precision shooter, you will be able to have a quick 2.

[SS]Steve-O
02-29-2004, 07:08 PM
Not sure, but all I know is that you have a huge disadvantage to people with the other controller setting. Your controller setting is very hard to respond to gun fire with. Well at leats I think so. I use R2 for my firing button. By using R2 you can aim, fire and run all at the same time. If you use X you can either run or aim but not both while firing.

MJBABYAIR23
02-29-2004, 07:43 PM
thankz alot guys ill try it out

~~HF~~ Roket
02-29-2004, 09:09 PM
I use Sure Shot, X is fire and there is no quick change option :mad:

[SS]Dr.Who
03-01-2004, 10:27 AM
I personnaly think it is a bunch of shit. I use Sure Shot and hold my own most of the time. Although we all know multiple things cannot be done by one finger at once. However I feel that Zipper VERY MUCH COULD HAVE MADE THE UNUSED left and right buttons as quick 1 and 2. They built a huge disadvantage into the Sure Shot, which makes the name irronic because it is not a sure shot. It is more of a I have gotten too used to this controller setting and cannot afford to go back and relearn a new control because my fingers are programmed to this..........setting.

total BS............................

I wish they would have given us an option (since we use memory cards) to be able to program in keys/controls like on computer games.

~~HF~~ Roket
03-01-2004, 06:49 PM
Well said Doc

MJBABYAIR23
03-02-2004, 04:25 PM
Yea i seriously think that was a fault in the game not a choice of buttons well socom 3 may have it lol i havent tryed out the r2 quite yet but i will today i do like the x button to shoot wit but like u said its harder to aim. Personally i choose to press l2 ad r when in close combat to run side to side i usally win the battles of course its sucks when theres a wall near lol :p :p