PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age: Inquisition Strategy Guide

[SS]Rator
11-19-2014, 03:19 PM
Recently our own [SS]Sabotage has been working on some guides. Some digital work for Titanfall and BF4, but most recently Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Here's his writeup and some pics from the adventure, good work Sab! :happy-047:

Long nights full of taco bell, double-shot iced coffee, delirious laughter, and hilariously accurate voices; that all sounds like my normal daily life, however cram that all into 18 hour days of work and you have only the last couple months of my life. Back in May, writers David Knight and Alex Musa started their journey on putting together the official Prima Strategy Guide for a game that was released today, Dragon Age: Inquisition.

DA:I is the third installment of BioWare’s epic journey through a completely original fantasy world full of Dwarves, High-Dragons, Elves, Darkspawn, and much more. Sometime in August I received a call from Prima Games’ Associate Publisher, Andy, and Project Managers, Paul Giacomotto and Shaida Boroumand offering me an opportunity to join the project as the technical editor. Because I was and am a huge fan of the series, I gladly accepted the job and got straight to work.

When I arrived at the Prima office I met with the entire team, they sat me down and gave me the complete run down on what needed to be done and what had been done thus far. I was impressed with how much work had been put into the project already, but hardly surprised due to the amount of talent that the team had as a whole. Then, right away I had to get my feet wet with the game itself. I created a female Qunari Warrior, a new playable race to the Dragon Age series; if you have the guide you have definitely seen this character in the screenshots, and began.

For the next month, I did nothing but learn everything that I could about the game and took as many notes as humanly possible. This allowed for any questions or second opinions on strategy over the process of the studio’s game creation and changes that occurred in the process. The team and I, now joined by “Evil Drew” worked every day and pretty much every minute of those days all the way to the very last second of the deadline. The best part about this team was that they cared about what they were writing and it mattered whether we had every tiny detail included or that we covered what may seem insignificant to the average player. Between my old and newfound knowledge of Dragon Age series, and the rest of the team’s expertise, talent, stamina, and willpower, I am proud to tell you that my name is in the credits of the Official Prima Dragon Age: Inquisition Strategy Guide.

I would have never received the chance to even get eyes on this project without the support of my brothers, my Sea Snipers. Every single one of the [SS] were in full support of me and the entire time I always had the thought that I needed to make my clan proud. I can honestly say that I gave this project my all and even though my poor sleeping habits plummeted even further during this project, I would do it all over again today, especially because I couldn’t ask for a better crew and clan to be surrounded by.

http://seasnipers.net/sabsdragonagepics.jpg

[SS]Showstoper
11-20-2014, 10:05 AM
Great job Sab. I knew that only perfection would result from your work. I may look into this game now.

[SS]Rator
11-20-2014, 03:11 PM
Good work buddy.

Did red shirt try to tip the waitress with a doobie?

[SS]Sabotage
11-20-2014, 04:19 PM
Man, thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words.

[SS]Wally
11-20-2014, 09:59 PM
nice!

[SS]Shooter
11-21-2014, 04:46 PM
Nice work.

Did you have to rough up any other members of the crew there or get all like 'Come at me, bro!' with em? Bet you did and now they be all respectin' you and shit cause you're an OG.

DatGuy
11-23-2014, 01:39 PM
good job dickface! been playing it on PC, its pretty good so far.

[SS]Sabotage
11-23-2014, 03:50 PM
Thanks Wally! Thanks DG! Yeah shooter, we went at it. At least 40 minute wrestling session to show who's...willing to take more work haha.

[SS]Midnight
11-26-2014, 12:40 AM
Nice Sa . My wife loves the series. She has played them all and for the last month all I heard from her every day was the count down to release.

[SS]Skinman
12-08-2014, 12:53 PM
Just got through reading most of the guide. Really good stuff Sab.

[SS]Sabotage
12-20-2014, 03:51 PM
Thanks brother, that means a lot.

DatGuy
12-20-2014, 04:12 PM
I don't have the guide, but I'm dying to know...who does Sab say you should make the sexy time with?

[SS]Sabotage
12-20-2014, 05:57 PM
Depends, what's your class/race make-up. It matters because it makes more sense in certain situations. If you're going for the bad ass "dayum that was cool" go with Iron Bull. Cassandra is "The Ideal Romance" and she's cool, but tricky. Everyone else just depends on your preference. I played a Female Qunari; her and Iron Bull had an exuberant amount of fun.

DatGuy
12-20-2014, 08:17 PM
well, Im a female Dalish Elf Rogue...who do you choose for me oh mighty guide writing man?

[SS]Sabotage
12-22-2014, 03:14 AM
You're playing the same build as my GF. Might just go with the Bull.

[SS]Midnight
12-25-2014, 02:09 PM
well, Im a female Dalish Elf Rogue..

Sabotage;173440']You're playing the same build as my GF....

Am I the only one who got a chuckle from that?

[SS]Sabotage
01-16-2015, 12:27 PM
No, it was more than funny when he said it lol.

DatGuy
01-16-2015, 02:05 PM
Midnight;173468']Am I the only one who got a chuckle from that?

let me guess, you play all your RPGs as a manly hero big man?

[SS]Rator
01-16-2015, 02:29 PM
I'd personally rather look at the back of a chick than a dude.

DatGuy
01-16-2015, 02:33 PM
Rator;173637']I'd personally rather look at the back of a chick than a dude.

see, tator gets it.

[SS]Midnight
01-17-2015, 02:36 AM
Rator;173637']I'd personally rather look at the back of a chick than a dude.

...virtual cross dresser....They all use that excuse. :cheerleader-119:
And I see them all the time hitting on the "male" charicters.....cause they are probably chics that like to look at the back of a guy than a chick right? :icon-wink-g:

Psshhhhah!

mmoRPg RP= Role Play......you wanna role play a chic! :happy-054:

DatGuy
01-18-2015, 06:07 PM
yeah, keep trying to make it seem like we are the weird ones.

no amount of edits will change the fact that you enjoy looking at a muscle bound dude instead of a chics ass.

and thats cool if its how you swing...no ones judging you.

[SS]Sabotage
01-22-2015, 03:00 AM
MMORPG = Most Men Only Really Play Girls