PDA

View Full Version : Maps

QuikJaysun
02-09-2004, 06:56 PM
Nice site guys, I read on the front page that your maps cost $1000 to make?! I can make the same type of maps. Was this a serious figure? Who do you go through, and what software do they use that costs so damn much!

[SS]Dr.Who
02-09-2004, 07:00 PM
Welcome to our boards. Our leader Rator creates all the imagery ( [SS] ) you see here. He will no doubt respond soon and maybe answer some of yhour questions.........................

[SS]Snakebite
02-09-2004, 07:03 PM
I'm not the "map maker" but I'd like to see some of your maps. Is there a way you can post them or the link in here? I've seen lots of maps but none with the quality and detail that Rator's has.

Just guessing, but I'm sure that figure includes the many hours of labor it takes to run around and make drafts and practice.

[SS]Rator
02-09-2004, 07:33 PM
yea man, i make the maps. im a professional designer/illustrator, blah blah blah, i use photoshop and infini-d. $1000, thats about how many hours of work go into each map dude. If you can do it better and as accurate in less time...go for it. Its not the software that makes the maps cost so much, its the time.

You think you're better than me?! LOL! J/k

QuikJaysun
02-09-2004, 07:46 PM
HAHA nah dude your maps are sick. I was just going to offer my services if you were paying some outside company to do them for you. You might have heard of my l clan on Socom 1, QK>QuikKillaz? anyways, we had a killer site...I just joined SOz and plan on helping dagger take the site to the next level. I use photoshop as well, great program. Do you have any experience with Swish?

[SS]Rator
02-09-2004, 09:12 PM
Yeah, but i dont use it, anything you do in it looks canned, like you can tell it came out of swish. So...you all clear on the maps deal?

QuikJaysun
02-09-2004, 09:22 PM
yea dude, keep up the good work