PDA

View Full Version : The Sea SnipersŪ 10th Anniversary / Historical Item 19: Sigs

[SS]Rator
10-19-2012, 03:45 PM
The Sea SnipersŪ 10th Anniversary
Historical Item 19: Sigs

Wow, so 10 years of sigs, this was a crazy romp through my Sea Snipers folder.

Way back in 2002 I started just creating sigs for the guys to express themselves. I would ask them what they wanted on there, colors, pics etc and then I'd do something up for them. Back then we used to have different sized medals and awards and rank attachments and stuff to add on which they could do themselves, but I always made the sigs.

It wasn't till somewhere around 2005 or so that I started creating templates for the guys to edit themselves in photoshop. I'd create the border, add the logo and whatever other text was necessary, then let them download it and add whatever pics and text they wanted.

You can see the evolution of the sigs below. They are mostly in order I think with the oldest one at the top.

http://seasnipers.net/2012sigtimeline.jpg

Kind of interesting to see that the first few years we didn't have any logos on our sigs, and to see the progression in sizes too. I'm not sure how many other clans do their sigs the same way, and I wonder how many versions other teams may have, but it's kind of cool to see all the different versions.

We went from super small to super big, but bear with us on these new large sigs since we're about to implement some code that will alleviate the vertical space our sigs occupy. You can also see that on our new sigs, we've included all ranks and duties right into the template itself which eliminates the need to add any other images like we used to do. Now members can just click on the correct rank and duty position, add their imagery and text and they're done. A little longer for me to create, but a lot easier for the guys.

Hope you've enjoyed a look back on some TERRIBLE sig designs over the years and hope we eased your eye pain with our new design.

And our recruit sig of the day is...

http://seasnipers.net/2012recruitsigs/wangaigoosig.jpg

Nope.

[SS]Showstoper
10-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Great sig history...

[SS]Wally
10-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Wow, I don't remember the old ones. That is very cool.

RIPCLAW
12-13-2017, 04:05 PM
I got some old sigs laying around as well. hihi
I will look then up ;-)