PDA

View Full Version : wall jumping

AESEABEEBANNED
02-02-2004, 08:03 AM
who here thinks "wall jumping" is the new R3 glitch of socom 2?

its pathetic how this is being used. its not allowed in AE and people who use it get voted out... so who all feels the same way?

and if you have seen any other type glitches being used in clan wars post them here so all of us doesnt get burnded by that clan.

Weeper
02-02-2004, 09:02 AM
Yes ... I personally think its at GLITCH and usually ask the ones that come into a room to stop using it after I have seen them use it. Specially if they are on the same team as me. Most peoples excuses is everyone is doing it.

I am not sure ... but would expect that some of the Clan Match sites might eventually ban it. Or if you wait until the HDD comes out Sony/Zipper will probably put out a patch for it.

[SS]Rator
02-02-2004, 01:23 PM
Yeah its a glitch like R3. its weak and we dont do it either. Grifter had posted up a shitload of cheats and glitches. Ask him to send it to you guys privately.

[SS]Cuervo
02-02-2004, 02:22 PM
its MORE of a glitch than R3 . Why? because you have to INTENTIONALLY do it.. where R3 was done alot on times on accident.. even if you TRY not to do it. And be Wary.. you can do that "Wall glitch" in the open as well.. And its no an "online" thing either.. you can do it offline as well.

[SS]Grifter
02-02-2004, 02:51 PM
Hey Sea Bee...if you want to PM me your e-mail address, I can send you all the glitches and cheats I have located so far in a Word document...It's fairly extensive.

Badger
02-02-2004, 04:35 PM
What is the wall glitch?????? Grifter could you send them to me as well so I can alert the Wolfhounds as well.

badassbadger44@yahoo.ca

Thanks man.

[SS]Grifter
02-02-2004, 04:46 PM
Badger and Sea Bee...You guys have mail.

Badger
02-02-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Grifter
Badger and Sea Bee...You guys have mail.

which e-mail addy did you send it to amigo? I never recieved it on my yahoo account.

[SS]Cuervo
02-02-2004, 07:01 PM
Badger.. its the glitch in which u hug a wall and jump at the same time.. and if you catch it right instead of a normal jump in the air.. you guy jumps straight up (stiff) and is propelled foward. You can actualy move twice as fast this way and it seems to others like you are teleporting at times..

I had done it on accident once when i was running and i saw a gernade fall by me.. it blew up while i was in the middle of the air.. and it didnt even knock me down. So.. ever wonder why people dont die from your gernades.. this might be one of them. Seems like you might not get hurt while in the middle of the air doing this.. though i havent really bothered to try it or it may have been coincidence.. like running over PMM mines without dieing.. WTF!

[SS]Grifter
02-02-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Badger
which e-mail addy did you send it to amigo? I never recieved it on my yahoo account.

Badger, check your Cloga addy........That's the one ya gave me.

[SS]Cuervo
02-02-2004, 07:09 PM
read up grifter.. he gave you his yahoo one.

[SS]Grifter
02-02-2004, 07:15 PM
well dammit, he gave me a different one in PM...not my fault he's absent minded...LOL

Badger, I sent it to your Yahoo addy as well....

[SS]Deadeye-R
02-02-2004, 08:13 PM
Man I posted this topic on the Sony boards last night, and geez did I get flamed. Thanks for backing me up BTW SeaBee.

[SS]CJ
02-02-2004, 08:18 PM
I've had this discussion over the mic with numerous people. Here's what I usually say: "Think of it this way - Do you think Zipper intended for people to run against the wall at an angle, press jump, and go twice as fast?" Now nobody in their right mind is gonna say, "Yea, of course they did." When they do tell me that (which is quite often I'm sad to say), they are just lying to theirselves.

~~HF~~ Roket
02-02-2004, 09:04 PM
Any chance I can get a copy off that? We only have a few more weeks till Socom II is out, and I want to know what to look out for.

~~HF~~ Roket
02-02-2004, 09:04 PM
My email address is:

davros74@bigpond.net.au

Badger
02-03-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Grifter
well dammit, he gave me a different one in PM...not my fault he's absent minded...LOL

Badger, I sent it to your Yahoo addy as well....

Thanks bro, I got it. Holy shit is there alot of them. Great Job Zipper way to rush out a project!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[SS]Cuervo
02-03-2004, 04:44 PM
new ones pop up everyday.. im starting to see more and more "Glitch No Kill" rooms... tons possible with the ethernet cable being pulled out

Badger
02-03-2004, 09:42 PM
All the more reason to play in pass locked rooms with a bunch of clan mates and allies. If any of you [SS] want to know our pw pm me and I'll let you know.

<WH>sMoKeOuT
02-04-2004, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the heads up guys.

[SS]Cuervo
02-04-2004, 08:19 PM
welcome back smoke...

[SS]Rator
02-05-2004, 12:12 PM
man that frigin walljump makes people hard to hit. why cant we get a fair friggin game!?

<WH>Master
02-05-2004, 12:34 PM
It's something that I'm learning to deal with just like the R3 glitch from S1. Adventually we'll get to the point that we drop that cheating fools as the slide down the wall. As for me, I'm still getting a kick out of the occasion team kill when someone doesn't stop humping the wall.

Weeper
02-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by AESEABEE
its not allowed in AE and people who use it get voted out...

Hey Seabee ... better get the word out to all your guys because I played in the AE room the other night and one of your guys (don't remember which one) was doing it.

Tagger was in the room but I didn't say anything because I was not sure where you guys stood on the issue at the time.

Cya!!!

[SS]CJ
02-05-2004, 07:33 PM
I waited out my first cheater for SOCOM 2 last night. Not bad, I only waited him out for 45 minutes. My all time record is an hour and a half. He just didn't get it, even after I told him repeatably "I NEVER GREEN UP WITH A KNOWN CHEATER IN THE ROOM....NEVER" I guess he didn't believe me.

AESEABEEBANNED
02-06-2004, 07:40 PM
weaper...next time please take down there name so we can stop it.... thanks

Weeper
02-06-2004, 07:55 PM
I will pay closer attention next time and report it to you or Tagger if it happens again.

Virus
02-11-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Deadeye
Man I posted this topic on the Sony boards last night, and geez did I get flamed. Thanks for backing me up BTW SeaBee.

Deadeye sorry you got flamed,, the SCEA 2 board is a bunch of jerks.. If ya wanna chat there come to the Socom Clans & Games section on SCEA, thats were WK,MTF,DTW,SiK,<S> post and they are all mostly cool peeps there..

AESEABEEBANNED
02-13-2004, 12:19 AM
NO PROBLEM DEADEYE...IT WAS NICE TO BACK SOMEONE UP IN THE MATTER OF CHEATERS! THOSE BOARDS ARE FULL OF CHEATERS AND GLITCHERS.

AESEABEEBANNED
02-13-2004, 12:19 AM
NO PROBLEM DEADEYE...IT WAS NICE TO BACK SOMEONE UP IN THE MATTER OF CHEATERS! THOSE BOARDS ARE FULL OF CHEATERS AND GLITCHERS.

<WH>sMoKeOuT
02-14-2004, 12:44 PM
Yep definetly the new R3 glitch.Everyone is doing it now and its getting pretty annoying.I'm with Rator on this one.Why can't we just get a fair game to play?

[WH] Airborne
02-14-2004, 07:41 PM
I have to believe that a wall-jumping fix will be included in the very first update patch for the PS2 Hard Drive. There is at least one wall-jumper in every single room I go into now, and these guys have got it down to a science. They don't move 10 feet without jumping, even when they go up a flight of stairs, and even in the middle of a firefight some of them manage to cheat death with a well-placed wall-jump.

It's ridiculous. :rolleyes:

WH Spearhead
02-16-2004, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by [WH] Airborne
I have to believe that a wall-jumping fix will be included in the very first update patch for the PS2 Hard Drive. There is at least one wall-jumper in every single room I go into now, and these guys have got it down to a science. They don't move 10 feet without jumping, even when they go up a flight of stairs, and even in the middle of a firefight some of them manage to cheat death with a well-placed wall-jump.

It's ridiculous. :rolleyes:

I have to agree it is downright ridiculous :rolleyes: And in more open rooms I am seeing it, I in fact am seeing clans who are making it there new secret weapon and they all do it. This is a sad commentary when someone who lacks the skills has to resort to this kind of stuff to get the kills.

Weeper
02-16-2004, 04:01 PM
Not only that but we have gone up against a few clans that use it in matches. And so far none of the ladder boards have made it illegal. Which really SUCKS when you try to play straight up and they have to resort to this.

Maelos
02-17-2004, 06:39 PM
I agree totaly with you gus, this is going to be the mist abused glitch until the updates. I just hope that the way they fix it dosent provide further areas to exploit. I havent seen clans use it as their "special strat", but I have seen a crapload of capitans use it. In fact I was in a room once (Crossroads) and four of my seal-mates started an all out run for the southern W-E wall. They all started jumping and it made me think:eek: . I was about to try it when I remembered my bad luck with jumping, not to mention I didnt need to. I just sat back and shot 2 or three rushers with my "big boom boom stick" (aka M87ELR). Never thought of engaging peeps in close when I dont have to, but I have seen some crazy doges. Not to mention that some are already laggers.

Anyway I do think its wrong, and am proud to say its baned in the clan I think I might be in :confused:........
(leader had to drop out because her parents said it wasnt a "girls game" :mad: she still plays 30 min a day, but in no way could support us so.....we are having some big changes)

Sincerely, Maelos

Weeper
02-17-2004, 06:48 PM
Well good luck sniping someone who is wall jumping/glitching. Makes it very difficult to do if at all possible.

Maelos
02-17-2004, 07:45 PM
True, but if you get them from far enough away, you can usually bag em. Especailly if you aim for the hips (larger area when running on wall), or at least call them out.

Thats probably the best way to deal. Call them out and use teamwork to take them out. Even if its just 2 people, you can use a grenade/fire overlay to get them out and shot. I personnaly can get obsessive with my flashbang grenades
:D . All in all it gets annoying, but when it comes to the 1v1 situation in a game, ill probably end up getting shot in the back anyway. (which was nicely covered by a teamate [non-clan])

Sincerely, Maelos