PDA

View Full Version : Socom Combined Assault: Strategy Guide

[SS]Rator
10-28-2006, 05:44 PM
Socom Combine Assault: Strategy Guide
Multiplayer Authors & Illustrators

<table border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="5" width="955"> <tbody> <tr> <td colspan="3" height="336" align="center" bgcolor="#434343" width="1472">http://seasnipers.net/2015scaheader.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="3" style="font-size: 14px; color: #CACACA; font-family: Segoe, 'Segoe UI', 'DejaVu Sans', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; text-align: center;" bgcolor="#2A2A2A">• Download all Multiplayer Maps (http://seasnipers.net/2011forumpics/2011socomCAmaps.zip) • Download Individual MP Maps (http://seasnipers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14032) •</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="3" style="font-size: 14px; color: #CACACA; font-family: Segoe, 'Segoe UI', 'DejaVu Sans', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif;" height="464" bgcolor="#434343">Since Sept '09 we've been hard at work authoring and illustrating the multiplayer section of the SOCOM Combined Assault Guide from Brady Games! After our success with the official SOCOM 3 guide, Brady picked us up to do the SCA guide.

Once again, we have written the entire multiplayer section of the guide, and I personally have illustrated all of the single player and multiplayer maps including a handful of tactical formation illustrations. We are aware that the maps in the previous guide were difficult to use since they were not available for online use, so this time I have created a numbered and lettered grid system to aid you and your clan in creating tactics and calling out locations. Now you can say, "3 tangos heading south out of E4".

The guide contains in-depth explanations of how to create and manage your clan as well as gameplay basics, and how-to's on tactical fireteam formations complete with illustrations. We had a lot of work to do and very little time and content to work from, but the guide came out fantastic!

In addition to writing and illustrating the guide, we will also have an interview with the Sea Snipers up on the Brady website, in the Brady Games Connected section. This section of their site will also include more content provided by the Sea Snipers in the weeks following the release of SOCOM: CA.

We are honored to be asked to write and illustrate these guides, and hope that they help you and your clan. I would have loved to do the maps on my own like i used to and offer naming things, but at least this way you get all of the maps at once. I would like to thank all of the Sea Snipers that contributed to this guide in both research and quality assurance, i couldn't have done it without you guys. Thanks to [SS]Chief who got us out to E3 and got this whole thing rolling in the first place.

We would also like to thank all of the players that have been so cool, and so supportive of us over the past 4+ years. We appreciate it, and look forward to doing more for the community in the upcoming weeks and months following the SCA release. Hope you enjoy the guide, and please give us any feedback on it once you pick yours up.

Best,

[SS]Rator & The Sea Snipers®
</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

[TOU]Silent-OPs
10-29-2006, 12:41 AM
nice!! great work!!

[TOU]Warfaze.
10-29-2006, 02:02 AM
Good Work!!

UMMaDCoW
10-29-2006, 02:12 AM
Good stuff guys.

mentalcorrupt
10-29-2006, 07:15 AM
HA, I knew it!!!!!

You really did help on the guide again.

Good stuff, can't wait to see it!!dancingsmi dancingsmi

[SS]Snakebite
10-29-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by mentalcorrupt
HA, I knew it!!!!!

You really did help on the guide again.

Good stuff, can't wait to see it!!dancingsmi dancingsmi

Hehe, see, I couldn't say anything. I'm the wa, wa, wah, waterboy...... winksmiley

Delta-OPs
10-29-2006, 12:55 PM
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!! BASSANI likes meatspin!

[SS]Rator
10-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Yes i apologize to everyone we had to lie to about this project. We were under contract and could not legally talk about it until now. Thanks for the compliments, and let us know what you think when you pick it up.

Bassani
10-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Delta-OPs
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!! BASSANI likes meatspin!

Um No. Our [r]'s do though, lol

DatGuy
10-29-2006, 02:13 PM
congrats SS again on doing the guide!bigclap

[FOG]BTheMan
10-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Kewl!

I look forward to receiving my copy in the mail again Rator!

Nice job!

djlotus
10-29-2006, 04:09 PM
I have not seen it yet, but would loike to thank you again for all you guys have been doing. It is always appreciated.

bigclap

[SS]TuefelHunden
10-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Thanks fellas, we are just as excited about this as everyone else!

JESS7
10-29-2006, 09:05 PM
I sure hope my autographed copy arrives in the mail soon!

Seriously...it's pretty cool to talk to the kids at school and say my husband plays Socom with the guys that wrote the book.

I admire you and all your talents, Raptor. I can't believe some of the things you create aren't actually real; they look so life-like. Keep up the good work and congratulations!

[SS]Snakebite
10-29-2006, 09:12 PM
zomg, she called you Raptor!!!!!1111

laffyguy rofl laffyguy rofl laffyguy

Chili Palmer
10-29-2006, 09:50 PM
toothysmil ..lol
Give her a break..

Cant wait to see it, & play this damn game.!
Good Stuff [SS]

and wow do i need to update my sig, & info ..lol

WEEZER
10-30-2006, 03:36 AM
Congrats SS bigclap

[SS]Rator
10-30-2006, 03:37 AM
Thanks everyone! Thanks to you too Jess even tho i now hate you...I think in retaliation, i will now call you Jeff. Thanks Jeff!

Bassani
10-30-2006, 03:57 AM
lol, Rator & Jess

This is going to be real nice with the grids and all. Thanks for all the suport everyone.

BTW, I charge for my autograph. I have to pay for my PS3 somehow. J/K, lol.

Chenzo
10-30-2006, 10:53 AM
Gratz, fellas.

PAs_SCORPION
10-30-2006, 02:32 PM
Awesome...you dirty dawg....I had a feeling it was something like that (contract silence). You really need to negotiate with them to get the next ones online. I would gladly pay to get an online copy of the maps to use on the website. After all we have all seen them plagerized throughout the net. Why not make a legal version that is at a high res so we can use them to their full potential...just an idea. Good stuff though. Can't wait to get my hands on the new guide now....and I thought you might be slippin, silly me.

[SS]Rator
10-30-2006, 03:55 PM
lol thanks bud! And yes i know, we are trying to work with Brady on that stuff, i dont know what's happening. Waiting to hear. At the least, the grid system i did for the maps will totally help cause you can tell your team to "camp the little area with the houses in E4".

And yes we couldnt say anything, we all signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement.

PAs_SCORPION
10-30-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Rator
lol thanks bud! And yes i know, we are trying to work with Brady on that stuff, i dont know what's happening. Waiting to hear. At the least, the grid system i did for the maps will totally help cause you can tell your team to "camp the little area with the houses in E4".

And yes we couldnt say anything, we all signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement.

Yea...I am in business, and I know how it works. Theres contract agreements that must be upheld. I am just glad to here that you are working on submitting a proposal to the good folks at Brady to get the real Socom fanatics a true "downloadable map". Not the ones you put on the memory stick and play online with your buddies. This would allow people like myself (the techy) to create custom applications that use or center around these wonderful tactical tools which you put so much hard work into. The world is moving away from printed material. It's always nice to have a digital copy of the media your working with. I am currently working on a custom web browser that utilizes all online information that is accessible to Socom players. You'll have your standard stuff as most browsers do. However you'll be able to customize color, logos, and other items in the menu to make your clans online information tailored to their usage. I would love to include a link to a digital copy of the maps for my clans use after I pay a fee or even build the maps inside with a markup feature like the twb to plan out strategy. Theres alot that could be done. We just have to open the right channels to make it happen. If you have any questions about my pet project hit me up.

thekingsofchaos@gmail.com

[SS]Rator
10-30-2006, 04:19 PM
sounds cool and good luck with it, all i can tell you guys is that we are working on working with them about all of everyones concerns. Trust me we thought about all of you guys when we did the guide.

PAs_SCORPION
10-30-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Rator
sounds cool and good luck with it, all i can tell you guys is that we are working on working with them about all of everyones concerns. Trust me we thought about all of you guys when we did the guide.

I'll send you a prototype when I get it semi-finished. You can do what you wish with it after that.

[SS]Rator
10-30-2006, 04:37 PM
cool, thanks!

NEO-X
10-30-2006, 08:42 PM
So THAAAAATS what you guys have been so busy with.

Congrats once again.. you guys really are really what True socom clans are all about..

Friendship, loyalty, brotherhood..

Cant wait to see the maps...

JESS7
10-30-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Bassani
lol, Rator & Jess

This is going to be real nice with the grids and all. Thanks for all the suport everyone.

BTW, I charge for my autograph. I have to pay for my PS3 somehow. J/K, lol.

It's ok, I really didn't want the Ensign's autographs anyways...just the veteran SS members will do! laffyguy

BTW, Dasani...I love the water you named yourself after! whipsmiley

Bassani
10-30-2006, 11:18 PM
I love you too Jeff, lol

Here is where I get my name from
http://www.bassani.com

You know you love the Ensigns. Admit it. Its ok. I wont tell.

[SS]Snakebite
10-31-2006, 10:26 AM
Anyone else play the demo? The graphics actually looked a little better, I can't wait...

lol @ Dasani

{HOG}Hendell
11-04-2006, 03:10 AM
good work guys, hey try to hit around when you start on SOCM 4 alright lol

[SSr]LouSaynis
11-04-2006, 07:59 AM
laffyguy rofl laffyguy rofl laffyguy lol Raptor, Dasani, and Jeff!

crazylegs
11-05-2006, 12:23 AM
gongrates guys...can't wait to see it, game comes out on my birthday, so cool gift!!

[SS]Rator
11-06-2006, 06:51 PM
Thanks guys, heres a link to the cover, check the bottom right corner, booyah!

http://www.bradygames.com/ShowCover.asp?isbn=0744008573&type=a

[SSr]LouSaynis
11-06-2006, 09:56 PM
bigclap bigclap bigclap B-E-A-UTIFUL. great work! I actually plan on buying the guide this time

it sucks that they bumped down the rating tho, now there will be even more 2 year olds:(

P.S. will you have to unlock everything again or will it read the SOCOM 3 data and leave the stuff unlocked?

[SS]Rator
11-06-2006, 11:24 PM
Thanks bud, and i dont know.

[SS]Rator
11-08-2006, 02:37 PM
Here's the interview with me on the brady site...

http://www.bradygames.com/articles/article.asp?p=668540&rl=1

And here's the link to the rest of the SS's interviews...

http://www.bradygames.com/articles/index.asp?rl=1

Cool...

JESS7
11-08-2006, 10:03 PM
Neat, but it seems kind of odd that you have to go to the "Cheats" section to read the interviews from the Sea Snipers! I think that's a very big contradiction. Anyone who knows the Sea Snipers like I do would know that cheating and the SS are not at all related.

I am a little upset that my husband didn't even mention his wonderful, loving wife or his darling son in his interview. I think I have some business to take care of! mooner whipsmiley snipersmil

[SSr]LouSaynis
11-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by JESS7
Neat, but it seems kind of odd that you have to go to the "Cheats" section to read the interviews from the Sea Snipers! I think that's a very big contradiction. Anyone who knows the Sea Snipers like I do would know that cheating and the SS are not at all related. on the contrary, using the knowledge provided by the [SS] correctly makes you "too good" which, for some reason, people call cheating. which is probably why I have never seen the inside of a non-respawn room for more than 1 hour

[SS]Rator
11-09-2006, 02:08 AM
lol yea i know i dont know why its there, i think they werent finished with everything yet.

Tagger
11-27-2006, 06:08 PM
Congratulations Rator and all of the SS! Can't wait to get my hands on a copy of the game and the guide.

I've already placed my order with Christy for a little package under the tree.

Glad to see things rolling here at the SS!

[SS]Rator
11-27-2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks bud! Good to see you, and yea the guide came out great, and now we're putting all of them online for everyone to be able to use. Should be by the end of the week.

crazylegs
11-27-2006, 10:17 PM
cool, can't wait to see them on-line!! again awesome stuff guys

[SSr]LouSaynis
11-27-2006, 11:06 PM
I still don't have the game or guide. . . but I plan on getting them as soon as I can, but I still want to see what the new maps look like. these had better be goodbighands23

NEO-X
11-28-2006, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by crazylegs
cool, can't wait to see them on-line!! again awesome stuff guys

omg crazy legs.. whats up bro.. Havent seen you since like the beggining of s3..

crazylegs
11-28-2006, 03:57 PM
hey NEO, we are on most nights...friends list me and hunt us(30+) up!!

sMoKeOuT
02-17-2007, 07:58 AM
Nice work Sea Snipers as always you guys do great things for Socom.

~~HF~~ Roket
03-20-2007, 10:11 PM
So is Combined Assault any good, how does it stack up against the previous games?

[SS]Rator
03-21-2007, 01:48 AM
I personally think Socom hit its highpoint with S2, but its ok.

[SSr]LouSaynis
03-21-2007, 06:18 AM
yeah, S2 was the best then S3 kinda fell, but CA is at least a little better

[SSr]LouSaynis
05-23-2007, 08:46 PM
DOUBLE POSTING PR0N BOT!!!!bitchslapp

[SSr]LouSaynis
09-19-2007, 02:35 PM
??? did I post that ???

I'm so confusedbangsign . . .

Bassani
09-19-2007, 03:08 PM
No, there was a new bot in here today and you probably got the email saying there was a reply, Rator probably deleted it before you got a chance to see the reply.

[SSr]LouSaynis
09-19-2007, 09:04 PM
I was refering to the post saying "DOUBLE POSTING PR0N BOT"

I probably did while refering to another bot.

[SS]Midnight
09-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Ya the pron bots post has been deleted. That is probably what is confusing you.

[SSr]LouSaynis
09-20-2007, 07:37 PM
Probably so. Especially since I hadn't seen this thread since May. . .