PDA

View Full Version : Socom 3: Strategy Guide

[SS]Rator
10-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Socom 3: Strategy Guide
Multiplayer Authors & Illustrators

<table border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="5" width="955"> <tbody> <tr> <td colspan="3" height="336" align="center" bgcolor="#434343" width="1472">http://seasnipers.net/2015socom3header.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="3" style="font-size: 14px; color: #CACACA; font-family: Segoe, 'Segoe UI', 'DejaVu Sans', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; text-align: center;" bgcolor="#2A2A2A">• Download PDF Guide (http://www.piggyback.com/downloadfile.php?id_download=682&type=guide&mode=download&return_to=/en/guides/downloads/index.php?id_guide=30) •</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="3" style="font-size: 14px; color: #CACACA; font-family: Segoe, 'Segoe UI', 'DejaVu Sans', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif;" bgcolor="#434343">At the beginning of June 2005, the Sea Snipers were contracted by Piggyback Interactive to write the multiplayer section of the Socom 3 Official Guide. The multiplayer chapters represent 70 pages of the 200 page guide , which will be available in all stores on 10/11 with the game.

In addition to writing the multiplayer section of the guide, Generator Studios was contracted to illustrate all of the single and multiplayer maps! Yep, ALL the maps are DONE and they look even better than the Socom 1 & 2 maps.

This is the first time that we know of that a clan has ever been contracted to collaborate on an official guide in the history of gaming. My men and I worked night and day to compile the most complete, accurate and detailed multiplayer information on Socom 3 for you all. In addition, all of the maps are just as you like 'em. Illustrated in the same style as the original Socom 1 and 2 maps, they came out great!

Since all of the [SS] were included in the Beta cycle thanks to E-Seals, Piggyback and the [SS] were able to research, test, and compile tons of information. Everything from "Getting Started" which includes details on all of the games' options as well as screenshots and descriptions of everything you can do in the game, to "Tips & Tricks" that span beginner player tips to advanced veteran tricks and even weapon stats and charts, and "Strategies" which run the gamut from noob tips to advanced strategies for both terrorists and seals that can help you and your clan get more tactical.

We (the [SS]) have even divulged some of our inner workings and structure including how to create your own clan, recruit new members, run practices, matches and how to reward your members.

And yes, ALL the maps are in the guide. I know it used to take us 3 weeks to a month to complete just one map, but with all of the great information we were provided with from Piggyback, we were able to get them all done before the release of Socom 3. And not just the multiplayer maps, but the single player maps as well. All of the icons and details are in place, and Piggyback will be releasing downloadable PDF versions of some of the maps before the game even comes out.

We have put A LOT of work into this puppy. Thanks to all of the Sea Snipers that gave me some awesome information, we couldn't have done it without you. I must have received over 100 pages of information, strategies, tips, tricks and charts from these guys that I compiled and wrote the multiplayer section from (the final multiplayer section is 70 pages of a total of 200 in the finished guide). I did all of the maps in hi-res for Piggyback and they look fantastic! Finally you guys don't have to wait until Socom 4 comes out for me to finish the last maps for Socom 3! LOL!

I have to give a big THANK YOU to all my new friends at Piggyback for giving the Sea Snipers and Generator Studios the chance of a lifetime to work on the Socom 3 project. We've been wanting to do this since Socom 1!

So, now you all know why we've been so "busy" and unable to accept a lot of matches and scrimmages in the past month! We had a very tight deadline, but the write-up and the maps were scrutinized by all the parties involved and came back with great reviews. All in all, everyone is very happy with the final product. Thanks again to everyone that was involved with this project, it was an AWESOME opportunity for all of us to be a part of.

Don't forget to check the credits in the back of the guide to see your friendly Sea Snipers names in lights!

Best,

[SS]Rator & The Sea Snipers®
</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

S10Draven
10-03-2005, 11:20 AM
bigclap way to go boss for makin it happen. you have done so much for the socom series and players, its good to see you get some recongnition for all the hard work. dancingban

YouMayLose
10-03-2005, 11:36 AM
Wow very nice and cudos to all of [SS] probably the best clan on Socom as far as nice people to play with and hard work you all do to help us all enjoy Socom. I'm very glad to be friends with a few of you and hope to be able to play with all of you on Socom 3 just send a friend invite to YouMayLose and i'll be around to get owned by you all......Oh and I <3 Juggy lol

When do we get to see these new maps ? do we have to wait till Socom 3's release or do we have to buy the guide ? ....I never buy the guide but I'll buy this 1 just for you guys.

[SS]Cuervo
10-03-2005, 11:51 AM
I believe Rator will have them on the SS site soon after the Guide Release in the normal Map Section area

[SS]Rator
10-03-2005, 11:56 AM
THanks guys, No Cuervo, we cannot put the maps on the site, we can show thumbs and maybe a bigger pic as a sample, but you have to buy the guide to see the full versions of the maps, sorry!

[SS]Cuervo
10-03-2005, 12:06 PM
ok..

hey look all.. Rich Has his Name on Piggyback site!!!

http://www.piggybackinteractive.com/en/guides/info/?id_guide=30

he can now add "Editor" as a title also..

and his artwork is "EXCLUSIVE"!!

DevilzKandi
10-03-2005, 12:23 PM
That's pretty cool. Congrats.

Lost_Angel
10-03-2005, 12:39 PM
This is awsome guys, cant belive you guys landed this big of a dealbigclap its crazy, who knows where it will lead next, im happy for you guys, finally all your hard work and dedication is paying off.

oh man now when i got to the strip club, and tell the gal i know who SS is, i can wip out the book hahahahadancingban

congrats guys, you all deserve this

WEEZER
10-03-2005, 01:03 PM
That's awesome Rator, good job on your hard work.

patient957
10-03-2005, 01:21 PM
*tips hat in SS direction* Way to go guys...that is some seriously awesome stuff and quite the thing to have on a resume. Now, if you could only make a 957 smiley with the guy throwing his controller against a brick wall, that would be great. LMAO! bigclap

Weapon
10-03-2005, 03:52 PM
Very good stuff

UMMaDCoW
10-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Awesome stuff guys. I can't wait for Part 4, MOL.

ID_MSG
10-03-2005, 05:37 PM
very nice guys congrats to ss

BYRD915
10-03-2005, 05:43 PM
bigclap Way to go man. That is so cool dancingban

[SS]Rator
10-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Hey thanks for everyones props, we really appreciate it. We will be posting up links to the PDFs probably tomm. Keep an eye out.

ID_MSG
10-03-2005, 05:54 PM
i like your guys ribbons! very cool

[SS]Rator
10-03-2005, 05:57 PM
THanks bud, they represent all the awards, tournaments, and other things we've won or participated in. Thanks for the compliments!

ID_MSG
10-03-2005, 06:44 PM
yeah its a cool idea i like it, see you all on socom 3

doubleduce
10-03-2005, 07:39 PM
So...... are you done with the tactical whiteboard? or how about changing them for download?

Mech16xx
10-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Very well done Rator and SS. i wasnt gonna buy the guide but now that I heard that SS was involved im gonna hafta get it and check out all the hard work you guys put into it. Again Very well done.

[SS]Rator
10-03-2005, 10:11 PM
no, the TWB is now free and you can use any images that you want for it. It has a custom map feature that you can use to post any image you have hosted anywhere online. then you can draw on it. Currently it has a bug where it wont play back on custom maps and wont save them, but chenzo and i are working on it.

[SS]Snakebite
10-04-2005, 02:11 AM
Congrats, Rator, [SS] and Generator Studios!!! Lots of hard work has gone into this. Wish I could've been more helpful. Socom 3, here we come baby......... HOOYAH!!

Devil-Fish
10-04-2005, 09:23 AM
All members of [SS],

Everyone from the [PAs] clan would like to congratulate all of you for all the hard work you guys have put into this. It will be a lot of help to many people that play the game and I believe we all appreciate it. The [PAs] clan could only aspire to have as much dedication and respect for others that the [SS] clan has.
We look forward to playing with you guys in S3! Enjoy the spotlight guys! Congratz again!bigclap

Devil
www.pro-assassins.com

Quagmire
10-04-2005, 12:17 PM
Nice job guys! congrats on the oppurtunity to contribute to the game officially!

[SS]Rator
10-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Thanks again everyone! The support we've been getting from everyone is just awesome.

We're hoping to get these PDFs of some pages either today or tomm for you all to download. I will keep you all posted when they are released. Thanks again! BTW, here are a couple of links to purchase the official guide...

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=831748
or
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/258034.asp

Quagmire
10-04-2005, 12:23 PM
so did they give you guys credit in the book as SeaSnipers/Online game names? or real names?

[SS]Rator
10-04-2005, 12:25 PM
We have in-game names and real names on the credits page. We also have links to seasnipers.net and generatorstudios.com and I personally am listed as an author and illustrator, its really cool to see.

Quagmire
10-04-2005, 12:26 PM
sick! bighands

<Adams>
10-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Great job boys and special thanks to Rator. The [USP] United States Presidents are extremely greatful for all your hard work. The maps for socom, socom 2 and soon socom 3 have helped us so much with tactics and strategies. Keep up the good work.
dancingban

[SS]Rator
10-04-2005, 04:32 PM
http://www.piggybackinteractive.com/en/downloads/?

The downloads are now available! Enjoy!

[SS]Fight[r]
10-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Great job, men.

[SS]Hellboy-R
10-04-2005, 06:19 PM
I as a member of the [SS] would like to also say thanks to all of you for the props.

[SS]Snakebite
10-05-2005, 01:32 AM
Wow, that's the first time I've laid eyes on any of it. The downloads are frickin awesome!!

<WH>sMoKeOuT
10-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Congrats Sea Snipers.Its a huge reward to see all your hard work pay off.Rator your truely amazing and have so much success with the clan you created.You got a great bunch of guys that all work together no matter what there doing.Again congrats to all of [SS] from all of the Wolfhounds.

[SS]Rator
10-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Damn, thanks bud! I appreciate all the kind words from everyone. Hope you guys like everything we've done. My Gamestop said sometime today they will get the guide in. BTW, none of the SS have even seen the maps either, the downloads are the first they've seen them. So, hope you all like em!

Thanks again!

<WH>sMoKeOuT
10-05-2005, 11:13 AM
Np Rator..Your quite the salesman you know.I'm going to check if this strategy guide is in stores today and I have never bought one for any game before.

Anyway can't wait to see you guys online soon.You know how to find us.

djlotus
10-05-2005, 05:09 PM
many congratulations to the [SS] Sea Snipers crew. We all appreciate your hard work and dedication. I cant wait for the release of the game, so I can put my brand new stratagy guide to work.

[SS]Rator
10-05-2005, 05:11 PM
Thanks again everyone! This is really freaking cool, look at this!

http://www.seasnipers.net/S3guidebackordered.jpg

djlotus
10-05-2005, 06:49 PM
So is it officially ILLEGAL to post the maps on my ladder site?

[SS]Rator
10-05-2005, 11:13 PM
I will post the user agreement from the guide tomm morning or as soon as i get it from Piggyback. That's about all i can tell you.

Once you read that, you must be bound by that agreement if you purchase the guide. I can't tell you exactly what the agreement is, but i will post it asap.

DM Avalanche
10-06-2005, 03:38 AM
bigclap Like I told Grifter, I want to thank all of you for all the hard work that you put into our SOCOM family. Clans like yours have been what most clans strive to achieve when they are first made. Ever since SOCOM I I have wanted my clan to be as organized as SS. If you aren't, boy you sure pull it off, LOL. Please keep up the hard work like I know you will. I will see you all on S3, like I have on S1, S2 and beta.

Sorry for rambling,

Avalanche
Death Militia, Clan Leader
http://deathmilitia.com/

Holy Ghost
10-07-2005, 01:49 PM
the maps look awesome as always. glad to see the [SS] making thier mark in online gaming history. We have been putting in a lot of hard work on SocomQuest.com (http://socomquest.com) We will have some major update on the site in about two months, but feel free to sign up to the forum. We would appreciate the support. The [SS] are an outstanding clan in the eyes of the Gervin brothers and we would like to thank Rator and the whole gang for there hard work. We are looking forward to gaming with you all in socom 3.

bigclap

djlotus
10-07-2005, 02:28 PM
I was jsut reading through the stratagy guide, and I must say; It is very nicely put together. you guys did a great job with it. Outstanding work.

Lgndkllr777
10-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Can u sign my copy of the strategy guide when I buy it?

dancingban

bigclap

hannibal
10-08-2005, 09:25 AM
On behalf of everyone at 101st Airborne Rangers (http://www.101strangers.net) I would like to thank you for your dedication to the game. You guys are top notch players and people. The work you did on the guide is awesome. Also Rator the work you have done on our website is awesome and just wanted you guys to know that the work you have done was appreciated.

Apparently I am a little late and I am basically repeating everything that has been said ahead of me.

Thanks again

24Gunz
10-08-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by [LS]Lgndkllr777
Can u sign my copy of the strategy guide when I buy it?

dancingban

bigclap

Took the words right out of my mouth :D

redbird0221
10-08-2005, 11:04 AM
I would like to echo the statements of everyone else. Congrats to you all! I picked up the guide a couple of days ago and it is awesome! There is one bad thing about it though, now I really can't wait until next week for the game to come out!

[SS]Rator
10-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Damn thanks guys! This is some awesome feedback! We were just so pumped to even have the chance to do this and now that we're getting good feedback on it, it's even better.

Thanks again to everyone for their support, and of course we'll sign your guides! LOL! Thats awesome loL!

Lgndkllr777
10-08-2005, 05:11 PM
I just got mine, its awesome! I'm trying to decide what my weapon of choice will be online...

<WH>sMoKeOuT
10-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by hannibal
On behalf of everyone at 101st Airborne Rangers (http://www.101strangers.net) I would like to thank you for your dedication to the game. You guys are top notch players and people. The work you did on the guide is awesome. Also Rator the work you have done on our website is awesome and just wanted you guys to know that the work you have done was appreciated.

Apparently I am a little late and I am basically repeating everything that has been said ahead of me.

Thanks again

I love the way your site is put together.I only looked at it briefly but I'll look into it in more detail later.

[SS]Rator
10-08-2005, 08:26 PM
Thanks legend, glad you like it. The SS havent even seen the maps or the guide yet! I have mine tho...toungey

Lgndkllr777
10-08-2005, 08:28 PM
yea i went to ebgames and saw a huge pile of them all wrapped up so i had to get one.

Squid
10-10-2005, 04:56 PM
This is my first post on the forum. I really like what you guys have done for the Socom cummunity. I have heard a lot about this clan and finally had to come see for myself what you are all about. I must say I am impressed.

Lgndkllr777
10-10-2005, 05:04 PM
I'm impressed toobigclap

[SS]Rator
10-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Thanks guys, much appreciated!

[SS]Rator
10-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Just got the game, there are driveable tanks online that you can shoot from the turret and a mounted machine gun...bigclap

JusBL@zE
10-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Just want to say Congrats Rator . I usually don't buy guides, but since you guys made this I got myself a copy. Great Job again!!!

[SS]Rator
10-13-2005, 01:35 AM
Sweet, thanks bud!

razor
10-13-2005, 09:19 AM
Congratulations old boy-cheersbigclap

nyck
10-14-2005, 04:49 AM
and thats why rotke awards you a hat:

http://www.numbereight.de/rotke/downloads/smilies/rotke_hut.gif

best wishes, rock on guys!

[SS]Steve-O
10-14-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by nyck
and thats why rotke awards you a hat:

http://www.numbereight.de/rotke/downloads/smilies/rotke_hut.gif

best wishes, rock on guys!

What does ROTKE mean?

nyck
10-14-2005, 09:47 AM
oh, that might go a little too far to explain. very philosophical… rotke is mother

[SS]Steve-O
10-14-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by nyck
oh, that might go a little too far to explain. very philosophical… rotke is mother

here I want to learn more so I started a thread so this one is not hijacked.

Click here (http://seasnipers.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5175)

nyck
10-14-2005, 10:51 AM
err… well. i can try to explain. could take a little though…

[SS]Rator
10-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Hey Thanks nyck and Rotke, you guys have always supported us, so thanks for the kind words.

[SS]TuefelHunden
10-19-2005, 12:12 PM
So, I know I'm a little late in getting to it, but I too wanted to say great job on the guide. I saw the thread over at the mXm site and I bought my guide with the game last wednesday. It's been quite a while since I've been to your site and I've never been one to post much anywhere, but I had to let you guys know. Great work everyone, kudos to all.

[SS]Rator
10-19-2005, 12:49 PM
Thanks bud, much appreciated! BTW, we just found out that NY stores have sold out of the guide. this is crazy!

[ReD] SNIPER
10-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Awesome job on the maps in the guide and the online write up, Rator. Keep up the good work. I bet it was hell getting all that done in a month though...lol

{TEX} MANURE
10-22-2005, 08:26 AM
good job [SS] on all your work we at Texasclan (http://www.texasclan.net) have used your maps in the past and am glad to see yo finally get the recognition you deserve. GREAT JOB!!!!

MidgetLover
10-26-2005, 08:30 PM
Hey guys, Glad to hear that you were a big part of the guide. I went and got it just because you guys had something to do with it. I put it away for safe keeping. Just also wanted to say that you guys are the best clan on and off line. Well, everyone have a good night or morning. LOL

heavenly spawn
11-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Sorry to say it guys, but you SOLD OUT. I'm not sure what they paid you, if they did at all, but you totally screwed the people at TWB and people who use them for tactics. I can respect you guys for the work you did with S1 and 2, (even this if you can believe it) but you guys are just tools of sony. The maps are NOWHERE on the net, and thats because sony has the rights to them. More money for $ony, and less tactics for the rest of us. I'll probly end up buying it though. That is, unless they show up in a newsgroup or something.

[SS]Rator
11-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Thanks everyone, except you spawn. BTW, we ARE the TWB guys (Myself and Chenzo created it) and we are working with Piggyback to get useable digital versions of the maps out for everyone.

You think we sold out? Let me ask you this, if they came to you and your clan and asked you to WRITE the multiplayer section of the OFFICIAL socom 3 guide, would you have said no?

If they asked you to illustrate ALL of the maps and pay you for the stuff youve been doing for free for 3 years, would you have turned them down?

If they said you and your clan and your company will get full credit in the guide and pay you handsomely for your work, would you have turned them away? Yeah, i dont think so.

It was a once in a lifetime opportunity for us. And I think anyone of you would have taken it as well. As for the digital versions, we are working on it. We cant use them either. So we're all in the same boat. Besides if i did them myself, you would have had to wait until socom 4 came out to see all of the maps anyway.

heavenly spawn
11-01-2005, 05:26 PM
When I mentioned the TWB people, I meant people who relied on it for tactical use.

I can't say that I wouldent have said yes. Money is a powerful tool, but until you can give me a date on which you will get the digital maps, you are a 'sell out' in my, and only my, mind. I would be absolutly SHOCKED if piggyback let you have the digital maps. Now, i'm no lamen; corperations will do everything they can do to squeeze money out of something. I'd say you'd get those maps online in about 10 months or more. I just downloaded the sample though, and I hope that the 'Storm Front' map that is shown is not the actual map. The one thats downloadable is as bad as the in-game ones that they whip out in a few minutes. I'm going to ASSUME that the maps you guys made are AWSOME like the ones in socom one and two.

[SS]Rator
11-01-2005, 05:35 PM
ok, you said "but you totally screwed the people at TWB and people who use them for tactics." so i assumed you meant us. And dude, we didnt do it just for the money, like i said its a once in a lifetime opportunity. No other clan has ever been involved in anything like this before.

You can keep saying sell out all you want. Thats not what we did.

As far as the quality of the maps, go look at a guide. The pdfs you downloaded are lo-res, the printed versions in the guide are really nice.

nyck
11-01-2005, 06:39 PM
@spawn
did you ever donate money to rator and his guys to support them doing all the work on the maps? well, i can not find your name on the map supporter list…

did you gave them any kind of respect? so how can you tell them they sold out then?

why don't you buy the guide, or get it from one of your friends? you could draw a map of your own and import it in the twb… (or scan the maps out of the guide…)

heavenly spawn
11-01-2005, 06:45 PM
Donating requires things. Things like money. I've just recently got my first job, so donating money 4 or 5 months ago was impossible, but you did not know that so its not a big deal.

And about scaning those images. Even if I had a hi-res scanner (r any scanner) those maps would come out POORLY, and SONY might get pissed and try to sue...maybe not but you get my drift.

But no matter what you say, they did make it so we HAD to pay for the maps. Before, we could donate if we want/could have, but now we're FORCED to handing out 30 bucks (or whatever the cost). That's selling out in my book.

[SS]Rator
11-01-2005, 07:08 PM
Thats like if Lucas did a version of star wars on his own time for free on the internet, and sony saw it and said, Dude, here's all the money you need, we want you to do the next version of star wars for the big screen. Would he be a sell out cause you can't afford to see it?

Thanks for your input. We got your point.

nyck
11-01-2005, 07:09 PM
@spawn
donating is not a money issue. it does not mean that you have to spend a hundred bucks for using the maps. it is a gesture of respect and support.

did you count the maps the snipers illustrated? can you imagine how much time it cost to draw one map? or program something like the twb? and then they put it in the net, giving it to ALL of us, for FREE. just because they thought it was some kind of nice and cool style (which it was).

if you donated like five dollars (and please do not tell me you could not afford that) you would have shown some respect for two years(!) of work the snipers have done.

what have you done to support the socom community?

write a guide, put some strategy on the net, draw maps… lots of possibilities…

i think it is cool that the snipers get something out of their work.

edit: btw, did you count the names on the map donation side? how many are there, 20? maybe 30? the maps are used by far more people, and yes, we are talking about international usage, worldwide… wouldn't it be nice if some of those gamers rewarded the guys for their work?

ps: sony won't sue you for scanning a map out of a guide, but will sue you for those 30GB of music you downloaded…

heavenly spawn
11-01-2005, 07:19 PM
Well, they DO deserve the money that SONY is paying them, absolutly. I guess what i'm saying is that I'd rather have the KICKASS type of maps at a slower pace, then giving SONY more money for (what looks like, at this point) mediocre maps. From what I read on the GAP forums, they're somewhat shotty. Thats not me saying that, i've only seen the preview image. You guys took a great, free thing, and turned it into an OK, money maker for a big corporation. Maybe they dident sell ME out because I did not donate any money, but its a sell out nonetheless. Disappointing is all.

nyck
11-01-2005, 07:22 PM
what do you think they paid for ONE map? ten thousand dollars? in what kind of world are you living???

[SS]Rator
11-01-2005, 07:24 PM
lol... dont comment on the quality of the maps 'till you see them in the guide please.

Thanks for everyones support over the years, Nyck and Rotke too, BTW, the map supporters page is not complete. There are more people who have donated, but maybe only like 10 or so. I havent updated the site because the new SS site is due out like this week or early next week hopefully.

djlotus
11-01-2005, 08:37 PM
spawn

No offense man, but your way too young to understand what tranpired. Let me break it down for you. (Rator, please correct me if I am wrong anywhere in this).

Rator worked his ass off on the TWB and the online gaming maps; Socom being one of them. He has done other great work, which you would see if you ever visited Generator Studios site. Award winning work to be exact. He has done all of this; the maps and TWB; for free. whit the exception of a small fee for the TWB, he has not profited a penny. The donations for the maps probably didn't cover the money he could have made, if he was working on a different project for all those hours.

So, his talent is noticed by a multi-million dollar copmpnay. (Not sure which approached him) They say; how would you like to be paid for this work, and get one hell of credit for your company and clan.

You cant buy the type of exposure he will get from this. This will propell his company into the mix, like nothing else could. Think about it. Just calm down and think about it.

I bought the guide as a sign of respect for what he and the Sea Snipers have done for the Socom community. Not to give money to Sony. (Who, by the way, probably aren't getting much more than Rator, for the work on the guide, since Piggyback Interactive published the guide). You want to get pissed at someone, get pissed at your self. If you, and people like you, would have donated to the maps, we may have them this time around. you want it for free, well tough shit.

Try to think about shit before you talk. As for me and my clan, We all bought one. Then we each gridded the maps out at a set measurement. So, we have the maps. And, we all are looking at the same thing. Tactics arent an issue for us.

I for one donated to the maps cause before. And I found a way to it again. It's called: Buy the Statagy Guide

[SS]Rator
11-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Damn thanks DJ! I dont think any corrections need to be made, except that myself and Chenzo did the TWB and it is now free. It used to be $5 a year. The donations i got for the maps maybe covered 2 of the maps in terms of time and money. But youre right, if i had spent that time working on paying client stuff, i wouldve been making more.

We approached Piggyback at E3 and they called back to contract us. Sony doesnt make ANY money off the guide. Piggyback produced it and Prima published it.

Thanks again for everyones support , it is quite outstanding and humbling to see.bigclap

heavenly spawn
11-01-2005, 10:54 PM
I'm not pissed. Not a lot atleast. Whoever makes the money (sony or otherwise) is still making the money. But hey, thats just the way the world works; capitalism. Thats why people, like raptor, make awsome shit, money. That is also why Raptor is more concerned with selling his skills to big companies, and not concerned with doing it for the community. Business is business I guess.

[SS]Steve-O
11-01-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by heavenly spawn
Donating requires things. Things like money.

Well you know what else requires things, things like money? Bills, Mortgage payments, Car payments, Insurance on the car and the house, oh yeah and gas is becoming a little more expensive. hmmm what else requires things like money, oh yeah food. How do you expect to pay for those things when you have no money? WAIT! I got it, you get a job. WAIT! we have another problem, where do you find a job when your an illustrator? AH! you sell your work to other people... ya that should work.

But no matter what you say, they did make it so we HAD to pay for the maps. Before, we could donate if we want/could have, but now we're FORCED to handing out 30 bucks (or whatever the cost). That's selling out in my book.
Well besides the facts I mentioned above, you now have a job, your first one to be precise, so you can go out and buy the guide with your first pay cheque. See how our wonderful economy works, work a little buy a little, work a lot buy a lot. I figure your probably making at least minimum wage which is I think around $6.00US(sorry I live in a different country not sure about your labor laws[and yes there are more countries in the world besides the US, but that is another lesson]) so mathematically if you work only 4-5 hours you can easily buy the guide with all the applicable taxes included.

Reward those that want to contribute to society. Is this not a great way to live?

[SS]Hoot
11-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Show alittle respect. The name is RATOR. Get it right. And you know all those maps he's done before. All for the community. Every single one of the available for everyone to use just for giving him credit. And after all that you want to call him a money monger? Think before you type.

[SS]Rator
11-02-2005, 12:05 AM
Ok. Thanks to everyone who has come to my/our defense, i wholeheartedly appreciate it. However this is becoming a bit of a relentless back and forth. Let's not encourage it. Spawn, as i said, youve made your point. You know what we've done for the community, 17 free maps in 3 years, 16 maps for $15, and a free TWB service etc. So saying "Raptor is more concerned with selling his skills to big companies, and not concerned with doing it for the community" is just plain incorrect.

nyck
11-02-2005, 05:35 AM
sorry rator, i understand you want to calm things down, but well, i hate ignorance, so i have to reply…

But hey, thats just the way the world works; capitalism.

@spawn
don't you understand the principle of shareware? one creates something and gives it away for free, everybody uses it and everybody is thrilled by it. rules are: you can use it for free but please give credit and you may want to donate something for the afford.

now, the creator gets the fame and some money, but usually that does not make a living. if people like you donated he may got enough to spend more time in creating more stuff and no big corporation would be necessary.

or if people like you did not donate, because they do not have money, which is ok, but you could create sth useful by yourself instead thus giving back sth. and if you cannot do the latter because you dont have the time or abilities, it's ok, but at least you could evangelize, telling people how great the work of the guy is (you are using it all the time, aren't you?) and that they should support it if they can.

see, that's the way things work. and that is not capitalism. if it were you had not seen the maps in the first place, nor the whiteboard, because you had to pay for it… not fifteen dollars, because the works worth is a lot more (and don't forget that the quality would not be that excellent, because if people just work for money they usually dont put as much heart in it…).

heavenly spawn
11-03-2005, 12:43 AM
Alright, a cease-fire is fine with me. But, do you have an estimate as to when you'll be getting them for TWB?

[SS]Rator
11-03-2005, 01:45 AM
No, no idea as of yet, waiting on some sales reports first. But speaking of the TWB, we are working on TWB vers.2. Should be sweet. I'll keep you all posted. (Thnx for the cease fire , lol )

heavenly spawn
11-06-2005, 11:26 AM
Just thought you guys would want to know, there are some leaked map images on the net. I've got all the maps except for boneyard. What is this 'fort' map. I've never played that.

EDIT: Wait, thats crucible! My favorite map!

[SS]Rator
11-06-2005, 04:23 PM
THanks yea there are some people that have scanned them in and Piggyback should be dealing with them. Thanks.

SEAL-DOC
12-14-2005, 06:19 PM
Good job fellas and feel free to drop in with us in Central 4 [ReD] rooms anytime and were always looking for somone to scrimage as well.

[SS]Rator
12-14-2005, 06:27 PM
Cool thanks bud.

TIMEX.
12-15-2005, 03:24 PM
so whaddya got lined up for S4? laffyguy

[SS]Rator
12-15-2005, 04:02 PM
well unless someone other than Zipper makes it, i dont know. I dont think there will be an S4.

TIMEX.
12-15-2005, 05:30 PM
are you serious?? u dont think Zipper is gonna make another one?whatreyout

[SS]Rator
12-15-2005, 05:41 PM
I dont think so. but i dont know for sure.

[NC]darkelite
12-25-2005, 03:15 PM
I would to thank the SeaSnipers for their hardwork on the Socom 3 Official Guide.SeaSnipers send me a friend invite on Socom 3 my name is darkelite.

Thanks

ldyphynx85027
01-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Way to go guys! once again yall have gone above and beyond.

/SuPerMan\
01-03-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by [SS]Rator
I dont think so. but i dont know for sure.

I would think they would like to come out with maybe just an improved versionof s3 in the form of s4 if anything once they get their hands on the ps3 technology and get to work with it

[SS]Rator
01-03-2006, 05:44 PM
Thanks again for the compliments everyone, and like i said, from what ive heard, there will not be a Socom 4, i cant confirm.

[TOU]Silent-OPs
09-15-2006, 02:48 AM
Yeah you guys did some nice work. looked great i have one myself

[SS]Rator
09-15-2006, 01:00 PM
Thanks bud!

Bassani
04-25-2008, 11:34 AM
we have another bot problem again...

Sabotage
04-25-2008, 11:34 AM
No I think he just is concerned about you.