PDA

View Full Version : Fish Hook is done!

[SS]Rator
01-24-2004, 07:06 PM
Check it out on our site under "briefings" then "S2-Tac-Maps".

Enjoy!

Virus
01-24-2004, 07:58 PM
Rator I love your work.. I'm very impressed with it.. Good job!

Badger
01-24-2004, 09:30 PM
RIGHT ON RATOR!!!!! Over to Raidens Tavern for a quick drink then we'll head over to the Wolfhounds Bordello for a little strange:D

~~HF~~ Roket
01-24-2004, 09:50 PM
Love it Rator :D

You're all invited to a beach party at "HellFish Bay"

Can someone please fill me in on the objectives for this mission?

[SS]Grifter
01-24-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by ~~HF~~ Roket
Love it Rator :D

You're all invited to a beach party at "HellFish Bay"

Can someone please fill me in on the objectives for this mission?

Would that mission that you are referring to be the beach party or the map?? lol

The map objective is that the SEALs have to breach and secure the hostages, and take them to one of 2 extraction points. The terrorists do not kill the hostages, they just need to prevent the SEALS from taking them. most times, the terrorist side move the hostages to 1 of 3 places, these aren't any big secret......1) The top floor of the hostage building, and mine the entrances. 2) See-Bee Hive, and mine that area into there. 3) The top floor of the boat house (most common). Hope that helps.

Oh, congrats on the name...I like the sound of it.

[WH] Airborne
01-24-2004, 10:18 PM
Great job as usual, Rator. Thanks for offering the real estate. Which S2 map do you think will be the most challenging?

[SS]Rator
01-24-2004, 10:35 PM
Hey thanks everyone. The most challenging map will be...huh, i dont know, shadow, chain (many levels), i need a rest...

Badger
01-25-2004, 01:56 PM
The map objective is that the SEALs have to breach and secure the hostages, and take them to one of 2 extraction points.

Actually there are 3 extraction points on this map, the little known 3rd one is located between the Loading Dock the Tavern, right next to the 2 boats on the beach along Hellfish bay.;)

Weeper
01-25-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Badger
Actually there are 3 extraction points on this map, the little known 3rd one is located between the Loading Dock the Tavern, right next to the 2 boats on the beach along Hellfish bay.;)

Its not that its little know ... basically ... anywhere on the beach in the extraction point. Regardless of how you get there.

[SS]Grunt
01-26-2004, 12:00 PM
NICE!!!!!!!!! China town is a death trap if planned correctly.

JESS7
01-26-2004, 07:25 PM
Looks good once again. I wish you'd do something that didn't look good for once. Make some of us rookies feel a little better! lol j/k Great work Rator!

[SS]Rator
01-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Thanks everyone! LOL! I do TONS of crap that is just crap. Clients ask for it, i give it to them.

[SS]Steve-O
01-26-2004, 10:09 PM
oh let me see.;)

Scotty.
02-01-2004, 05:08 PM
Hello from the UK :)

Could somebody explain the little red dots on the Fish Hook map?

(2 on the Boathouse, 2 on the Tavern and 1 on the Hostage House)

Thanks,

[SS]CJ
02-01-2004, 06:25 PM
They are doors. The blue are windows.

[SS]Rator
02-01-2004, 06:49 PM
CJ, actually the red DOTS are barrels. The tan dots are clay pots. the red RECTANGELS are doors and the blue ones are windows, the green ones are breach points.

[SS]CJ
02-01-2004, 11:20 PM
o

Scotty.
02-02-2004, 02:59 AM
Aahaa I see !!

Nice one Rator

CrispyDuck
02-16-2004, 10:47 AM
hey Rator,

First things first, your maps are absolutle class mate - VERY well done, I use them all the time for reference.

I was analysing the Fish Hook map you've just done, and noticed that from your map, it appears that you cannot snipe from the boathouse to the beach - as it looks like you'd hit a wall (the entire pathway is on an angle rather than straight).

I was just wondering if:

a) The map is slightly inaccurate (no worries...just wondering)

or

b) Its some sort of optical illusion, as you can most certainly snipe people coming up from the beach from the top of the boathouse...and the path is infact on an angle...

Just had to get that off my chest, it's been bothering me lately :p

[SS]Grifter
02-16-2004, 12:50 PM
Hiya Crispy,

First I should ask, do you have SOCOM II?

I personally have not attempted to snipe from the balcony of the boat house, there is a rather large wall in your way to try to pick off people coming up from the beach. Also, from the window of the boat house on the lower level, you CAN try to pick people off coming up through tunnel area just past China Town, however, you're also exposed to get picked off yourself. But even while playing, I have never seen anyone try to snipe to the beach from the boat house. I'm gonna go with it can't be done.

I also want to add, that from the beach to the terrosist base, it's an incline, so you're kind of running uphill towards the terrorist base. Same with the tunnel at the China Town area. Once you get up there, it's all even ground.

[SS]Rator
02-16-2004, 02:03 PM
The map is deadly accurate. If its in the game, its in the map. The only thing i missed that i know of so far is the door leading from the front door bridge to the hostage house. I will be adding that in soon. Thanks for all your compliments!

CrispyDuck
02-16-2004, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the quick reply fellas. In answer to your question, yes I have played Socom II, and I have sniped from the boathouse, you should try it (Jump over the balcony and onto the flat roof) as it can be extremely useful if you do it for 1 round (After that people tend to look out for you :D )

Thanks again guys.

[SS]Rator
02-16-2004, 05:30 PM
Show us on the TWB, www.tacticalwhiteboard.com

[SS]SportoFu
02-16-2004, 07:02 PM
Yeah, that's where I snipe from. As long as the other team isn't doing the wall jumping, you can easily pick guys off from the first building by the beach to the archway by the boathouse.

Maelos
02-16-2004, 08:33 PM
As someone said earlier, nice job again...

About sniping, it dosent work as well as one might dream it. I was appointed as one of the 3 snipers in my clan and had drempt of pulling such stunts. Long story short, it only works for one or two rounds depending on the enemy. I found that after getting to capitan :cool: all of those "cool sniper spots" didnt really work. It just became too fast and furious. Also I do agree heavily that you could get easily picked from the other side. Working on a team to cover you is one thing, but I, and other snipers, usually get left as our support is called over. I know that SS is probably a far better clan, even though my Co-Leader said we beat you guys in a quad, but the points are still the same.

Great Idea, REALLY HARD EXECUTION ~especially after they figure you out.

Sincerely, Maelos