PDA

View Full Version : World War Z

[SS]Chief
08-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Brad Pitt's "World War Z" (http://news.yahoo.com/brad-pitts-world-war-z-released-december-21-005844825.html) to be released December 21, 2012

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - Zombies -- trendier than yesterday's vampires -- will hit the big screen on the first day of winter 2012, as Paramount releases "World War Z" on December 21 of next year, the studio announced Tuesday.
Brad Pitt stars in and is producing the thriller, now shooting in England. The movie completed initial photography in Malta last month and also will also shoot in Scotland and Hungary.
The movie is about a tough-guy United Nations employee, played by Pitt, who travels the world in an effort to stop a zombie pandemic that is destroying humanity.
The ambitious script was written by Matthew Michael Carnahan ("State of Play"), who adapted it from Max Brooks' best-selling novel "World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War." Marc Forster is directing.
In addition to Pitt, the movie stars Mireille Enos ("The Killing"), James Badge Dale ("The Departed"), Matthew Fox ("Lost") and newcomer Daniella Kertesz.
Pitt is producing with Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner and Colin Wilson.

[SS]Sabotage
08-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Awesome! Was a great book and an even better Audio book. Best audio book I've ever heard btw.

AEJustin1
08-11-2011, 12:05 AM
Sweet!!

[SS]Chief
08-11-2011, 05:52 AM
Sabotage;145006']Awesome! Was a great book and an even better Audio book. Best audio book I've ever heard btw.

Wait, was the audio book better...because you can't read? Or because of the sexy voice? I'll have to check that out (meaning the book...I'm not working on your reading issues).

[SS]Midnight
08-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Chief;144981']Brad Pitt's "World War Z" (http://news.yahoo.com/brad-pitts-world-war-z-released-december-21-005844825.html) to be released December 21, 2012

This I must see. ...something about that release date..... :thinking-020:

[SS]Shooter
08-16-2011, 11:52 AM
HOLLYWOOD IS RUINING IT...

.........‘World War Z’ Movie Causes Controversy on the Web
By Claudine Zap | Movie Talk – 17 hours ago

Sorry, "World War Z" fans: It seems that the movie, which will star Brad Pitt and be directed by Marc Forster ("Quantum of Solace"), may be very different from the best-selling book by Max Brooks.

And movie buffs on the Web are certainly rising up like an undead army to denouce the not-yet-finished horror flick.

The novel charts a U.N. worker's accounts of oral histories of a decade-long zombie war. The movie, according to bloggers who saw the press release, will take place as the zombie world war is breaking out when there is still time to stop it -- completely different from the premise -- and the timing -- of the book.

There had been reports that this atypical monster tale would certainly be a challenge to put into film. Paramont's seeming solution? As the AV Club sees it, "Make a typical zombie movie anyway."

Movies.com quotes the press release as explaining the film this way: "The story revolves around United Nations employee Gerry Lane (Pitt), who traverses the world in a race against time to stop the Zombie pandemic that is toppling armies and governments and threatening to decimate humanity itself."

Comments were, well, apocalyptic. On the Movies.com blog, a typical negative swipe: "Based on Paramount's plot synopsis, the film should say 'Inspired by the same stuff that inspired the book World War Z by Max Brooks.'"

Another disappointed commenter wrote, "When I heard they were going to make this into a movie I was really excited to see what this would look like on film. I'm no longer excited. Thanks, Paramount."

Still another fan noted, "Of course we're all still seeing it, but what we're seeing isn't 'World War Z,' plain and simple."

Interest in the zombie flick grew on Yahoo! with news of the controversy: In the last day, lookups all increased for "world war z," "world war z movie," and "world war z movie trailer."

Brad Pitt has already arrived in Glasgow to begin filming the monster-war movie. The massive enterprise includes a cast and crew of 1,200, fake sets that remake the U.K. city into "war-torn" Philadelphia, and plenty of locals to play undead extras.

It's certainly possible the press release doesn't do the cinematic plot justice. At least, fans of the book can certainly hope that's the case.

The zombie doomsday movie is set to open on December 21, 2012.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[SS]Midnight
06-15-2012, 05:27 PM
AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

(red text)

'World War Z' delayed till 2013; Recent examples of overlong, labored movie shoots
Yahoo! Contributor Network
By Shawn S. Lealos | Yahoo! Contributor Network – Wed, Jun 13, 2012

Benicio …
World War Z film set in Glasgow. Taken from North Frederick Street, looking south. Staged crash showing car and taxi.

World War Z film set in Glasgow. …

The release of "World War Z" will be delayed until 2013 in the wake of what the production team is calling reshoots. However, The Hollywood Reporter did some digging and found there were more problems than just reshoots, with "Prometheus" screenwriter Damon Lindelof hired to attempt to fix the third act of the movie.

http://news.yahoo.com/world-war-z-delayed-till-2013-recent-examples-221000414.html

[SS]Chief
06-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Damn it....2013!!! I was so ready for it to come out at the end of this year...

DatGuy
06-20-2012, 01:48 PM
I cant really see the movie living up to the book at all...

and now that I think about it...no movie has ever lived up to the book...LOTR was close but still not as good

[SS]Chief
11-08-2012, 10:39 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G2dNX2ILmm4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Boooosh!!!

[SS]Midnight
11-09-2012, 09:13 AM
:battle107: :zombie-302::zombie-302::zombie-302::zombie-302::zombie-302::zombie-302::zombie-302:

Oh boy! Oh boy! OH BOY!

[SS]Wally
11-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Looks pretty good

DatGuy
11-09-2012, 02:02 PM
if you have read the book, NOTHING in that trailer even remotely resembles anything from the book...except the name

[SS]Midnight
11-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Ya totally. I don't recall Brad Pit being in the book.

DatGuy
11-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Midnight;157355']Ya totally. I don't recall Brad Pit being in the book.

just curious, did you read the book?

[SS]Showstoper
11-09-2012, 08:43 PM
I read the book. But movies almost, always never go by the book. But it's zombies, 'nuff said...

[SS]Midnight
11-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Yes I read the book. I also have the survival guide by the same author.

The movies are never as good as the book. This movie looks awesome. The only expectation I have from the movie is that it follows the world/reality as set up by the book. Can't wait to see it!

[SS]Shooter
05-21-2013, 11:49 AM
Brad Pitt turned this into a 'star vehicle' for him and totally fucked it up. People are saying it could be the biggest box office flop ever.

Max Brooks article: "World War Z Author Says Movie and Novel Share Title Only"

Check out this article: "Brad Pitt's 'World War Z': Biggest Flop Ever?" http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/mark-hodge/world-war-z-brad-pitt-flop_b_3245840.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

The end of the movie DID have Pitt becoming a super-zombie-killing dude living in the sewers of Moscow and organizing resistance BUT...

.... audiences didn't like that because he never reunited with his family. So, they completely RESHOT the entire last 45 minutes. Now it's a heartfelt reunion.

Fuck Hollywood. They could have made a great movie, with Pitt as a reporter interviewing people, like in the book. The stories should have been live-action flashbacks...

DatGuy
05-21-2013, 03:03 PM
totally agreed shooter, been saying this for a while.

As soon as I saw that trailer my first thought was...they ruined it

[SS]Chief
05-21-2013, 04:31 PM

As soon as I saw that trailer my first thought was...they ruined it

Wait, YOU read the book?

[SS]Sabotage
05-22-2013, 12:18 AM

As soon as I saw that trailer my first thought was...they ruined itYeah it looks pretty bad. I read the book and listened to the Audio book (full cast, great audio book I highly recommend it) and yes most movies don't follow their book optioning, but this movie isn't even following the same concept. The zombies look terrible and Brad Pitt is NOT who I pictured when reading.

[SS]Midnight
06-01-2013, 01:33 PM
This is all disturbing news.....oh well.

[SS]Midnight
06-01-2013, 02:06 PM
I found this review and feel that it is probably one of the most honest reviews out there.
Basically the movie will have some entertainment value but fans of the books are likley to hate it. Love this highly critical comment on this reviewers you tube page, heh:

DarkrainHD 1 day ago

Zombies on a scale:

The Walking Dead - Seems fun!

Zombieland - Piece of cake.

Dawn of The Dead - Some issues..

28 Weeks Later - Annoying.

I Am Legend - Pretty unfair...

Resident Evil - That's ridiculous!

World War Z - I Rage quit life.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2EGLOjojrqk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[SS]Chief
06-02-2013, 02:47 PM
I have to agree. I'm going to watch it as if I didn't read the book. I'll keep an open mind.

DatGuy
06-02-2013, 03:26 PM
Im just gonna go ahead and not bother watching it.

the book was brilliant, this looks like absolute tripe

[SS]Shooter
06-02-2013, 07:24 PM
Here's a quote from BRAD PITT:

Brad Pitt on "The Devil's Own": ''[Not having a finished script before filming was] the most irresponsible bit of filmmaking -- if you can even call it that -- that I've ever seen." (via NYT)

And that is EXACTLY what they did with World War Z. Started with no finished script... had to get it done before the zombie craze died out I guess.

[SS]Midnight
06-03-2013, 01:01 AM
I think Chief has the right idea. I can see how the book will not work on the big screen. So I think the only way to enjoy the movie is to not watch it (DG style) or to realize it as stated by Max Brooks: It has the books name and that's about it. A stand alone movie.

DatGuy
09-17-2013, 05:32 PM
heh...SPOT ON!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/I2cS5Fv5xIQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>