PDA

View Full Version : LMGS

an avid fan
02-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Hi, I have a question concerning LMGs in black ops. LMGs are my favorite weapons and I was wondering which sight I should use in a defensive role from medium to long range. I use warlord with extended mags and I'm stuck between using a red dot sight or an acog sight, I'm not sure which sight would be more effective. Opinions and answers will help!

[SS]SportoFu
02-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Depends on the map I'd say.

[SS]Rator
02-10-2011, 08:34 PM
It's also a personal preference. The acog doesnt even zoom in that much, but gives you a finer aiming point. The red dot lets you see more around you. If you're going to be mobile, go with the red dot. If you plan on being more stationary, go acog.

Hope that helps!

Bassani
02-11-2011, 02:28 AM
Personally if I were to use an LMG with Warlord, I'd use the grip as my second attachment if it were available. I have yet to even toy with the LMG's in Black Ops...

[SSr]LouSaynis
02-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Bassani;136588']Personally if I were to use an LMG with Warlord, I'd use the grip as my second attachment if it were available. I have yet to even toy with the LMG's in Black Ops...

This. When I use an LMG, ext. mags and grip. Iron sights are pretty decent and I'll trade a little visibility of my target for having more of my bullets go to my target.

an avid fan
02-12-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm leaning more to red dot sight, I find that the recoil of the Acog forces me to fire single shots at long range, but with a red dot I can burst two or three shots are range with all the lmgs

[SS]Midnight
02-12-2011, 02:48 PM
The ACOG on an LMG is great for holding a choke point at long range. All you need to do is just tap the trigger repeatedly to force them to hold back for long periods of time...until you need to reload. I used that a lot in MW2 effectively. I have not tried it in BO yet, but it will work the same.

an avid fan
02-12-2011, 07:34 PM
I think I'll give the Acog a second chance, I was trying to burst two or three shots too often

[SS]Sabotage
02-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Bassani;136588']Personally if I were to use an LMG with Warlord, I'd use the grip as my second attachment if it were available. I have yet to even toy with the LMG's in Black Ops...Yeah this, because if you're going medium range, iron sights are pretty good too.

[SSr]LouSaynis
02-12-2011, 09:34 PM
I think I'll give the Acog a second chance, I was trying to burst two or three shots too often

I'm leaning more to red dot sight, I find that the recoil of the Acog forces me to fire single shots at long range, but with a red dot I can burst two or three shots are range with all the lmgs

Really, you're getting the same amount of recoil no matter what sight you're using. It just looks like more because you're zoomed in more.

an avid fan
02-13-2011, 05:10 PM
Is the acog better in more of a supportive role than the red dot then for lmgs?

Bassani
02-13-2011, 05:50 PM
Honestly, I would just roll a grip, I really don't think that any of the sights really add anything for anything other than the Snipers, unless you decide to roll with the Thermal style. I think you'll notice any cqb stuff you run into when firing from the hip will be much more accurate too.

If you're dead set on putting a sight on there, then I'd choose the Red Dot or a Reflex as it takes up less of your screen while zoomed in...

[SS]SportoFu
02-13-2011, 06:01 PM
True dat, I would say Grip > Scope for LMGs. But I would probably roll with Warlord Pro, Slight of Hand Pro, and Ninja Pro with a grip and red dot. Kind of what I roll with in Core mode except I don't use the site and Warlord, more just the grip and Flak Jacket which I don't really play but I still have a class for it in case.
Anyways back to the Grip > Scope lol.

[SS]Sabotage
02-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Is the acog better in more of a supportive role than the red dot then for lmgs?It's hard to answer your question with one answer. If you're running support, you probably want to run something that doesn't have a whole lot of zoom.

If you are a sharp shooter and just want a bunch of ammo then use the ACOG.

If you're a sharp shooter and think you can pick off enemies with a couple shots. Slap the ACOG on an assault rifle rather than a LMG.

If you're looking to just lay down cover fire, go with the Red Dot or iron sights because you want to be able to cover a large area and be able to see what's around you.

an avid fan
02-13-2011, 07:21 PM
I think I'll slap on a red dot because I am not a sharpshooter with the lmgs, I'll tag people long range with them, but I can never seem to finish people with the acogs on lmgs at long range. People always seem to get away while I'm bursting it at long range

[SS]Sabotage
02-13-2011, 07:24 PM
I think I'll slap on a red dot because I am not a sharpshooter with the lmgs, I'll tag people long range with them, but I can never seem to finish people with the acogs on lmgs at long range. People always seem to get away while I'm bursting it at long rangeI assume you play core? ACOGs are useless in core unless it's a single shot weapon. It jumps your screen too much.

IMO ACOGs were made for hardcore because it only takes 1-3 shots from range.

an avid fan
02-13-2011, 07:29 PM
i agree on the acog sight, i find it jumps way too much especially with the rpk, and yeah I mostly play core domination