PDA

View Full Version : Netflix

[SS]Snakebite
01-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Anyone else have Netflix? I'm looking for decent movies to watch to justify keeping the monthly payment. Any suggestions?

I watched a new release "Frozen", it was ok, kept me interested til the end anyway. Couple of intense moments.

[SS]Switters
01-20-2011, 10:42 PM
snake, that thread i started, looking for something to watch, has quite a few titles available on netflix. course, i may be more of a horror fan but theres a lot of good stuff, and bad no doubt, to watch.

quick suggestions; bass mentioned spartacus, its a pretty good series,lots of t and a and blood and guts. firefly is a fav of mine for space/westerns. i found the first couple of hellraisers on there recently(love those flix).

there's a few for ya

[SS]Snakebite
01-21-2011, 02:47 AM
Didn't know Spartacus was on there, I've only been Netflix'ing for about a week.

IFx DDay
01-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Neflix is a great investment. Tons of TV season on there.

My wife has forced me to watch a lot of movies lately that I had zero interest in and usually they aren't bad. However, some have been horrible. Just depends......

I just watched "The Missing" and it was pretty decent. Nothing earth shattering, but a good watch.

You can always go to netflix and search the "instant queue for something to watch. They don't show their entire library on xbox. You can also go here and add movies to your instant queue:
http://instantwatcher.com/

[SS]Snakebite
01-21-2011, 01:17 PM
Sorry, I'm a noob to this stuff but ... Netflix + iPad or iPhone = awesome

My wife started me on the Office series and Parks and Recreation, funny stuff!!

[SS]Grifter
01-21-2011, 02:27 PM
I just finished watching season 2 of Sons of Anarchy...that's a great series.

A-Team (with Liam Neeson) was a pretty good movie. Kept true to the tv series.

Dexter is also another good series.

If you haven't seen it, rent Zombieland.

Not sure if these are out on Netflix yet...But watch 'RED' with Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman and Helen Mirren. The Expendables wasn't too bad of a film either.

You can also search for actors that you like and it should bring up movies that they were in, as wel las you can search through the various kinds of films...drama, action....

IFx DDay
01-21-2011, 02:56 PM
The good thing about Netflix is that you can search for anything on their site and if it's considered "instant" you can throw it in your instant queue.

That way you can have like 100 things in there that you know you want to watch and not have to search after that.

[SS]Sabotage
01-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Netflix is awesome for watching full series' of tv shows. There are a few good movies on there, but most are crap. TV shows is the kicker for keeping my subscription.

[SS]Switters
01-27-2011, 10:02 PM
whats hulu cost these days? if you just do tv shows the premium hulu is pretty good right? or, what is the other site for tv, sidereel.com?

me, i appreciate bad movies, and the wife gets to pick the dvds. for 8-9 bucks a month cant be beat...unless you are just gonna torrent the piss out of everything,t hen this convo is moot

Bassani
01-28-2011, 02:16 AM
Snakebite;135725']Didn't know Spartacus was on there, I've only been Netflix'ing for about a week.

JUPITER'S COCK!!!

OMG dude, you HAVE to watch Spartacus, it's fucking epic. Season 2 is just now starting as of the 21st on TV & it's on Netflix the day after...

[SS]CJ
01-28-2011, 04:33 AM
I'm kinda wierd about Netflix.

I see so much netflix pop up ads while surfing and it drives me crazy. I even sent them an email on how much it sucked.

I've been credit card free for over 5 years now and I won't go back. Netflix requires a CC. They won't bill you even if you ask.

I like the idea of netfix though but for those 2 reasons I won't ever be one of their customers.

Tagger
01-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Netflix Shows Which ISPs Actually Perform Well... And Which Don't
(http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20110128/03144212878/netflix-shows-which-isps-actually-perform-well-which-dont.shtml)

"It's always fun to discover some data that reveals some useful info -- and the folks over at Netflix have apparently realized that they're sitting on a treasure trove of data concerning the performance levels of various ISPs, based on all that content Netflix is streaming. Rather than just keep it all internally, Netflix is starting to publish the data, showing how well certain ISPs perform, and highlighting how you generally get better performance out of cable than DSL.

This is smart on Netflix's part, as it actually does a nice job encouraging ISPs to improve their quality, knowing that they can tout these kinds of "independent" rankings to show their overall quality."