PDA

View Full Version : Beta test the new xbox 360 dashboard

AEJustin1
09-22-2010, 05:21 PM
I got accepted, ready to get my download, they said in the next 2 weeks it will happen.

https://connect.microsoft.com/XboxLIVEUpdate

Microsoft is looking for a few thousand folks to test out its next big Xbox Live Update. Who wants an early look at the new Xbox Live dashboard?

If you're keen to get a peek at the new dashboard along with ESPN on Xbox Live, Netflix searching, Zune music, and other updates coming in the next big Xbox Live update, now's your chance. Microsoft is now accepting applications for the Xbox Live update preview program, and with multiple thousands of participants needed, there's a strong chance you'll be one of them.

[SS]Wally
09-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Sounds cool, but I only beta test games we play on XBOX, have fun with it

AEJustin1
09-22-2010, 06:19 PM
that's usually all I test is games as well, but I'm really interested in the ESPN stuff, so I'll let everyone know about it once I get it.

DatGuy
09-22-2010, 06:25 PM
I don't understand peoples fascination with beta testing stuff...you are playing or testing an incomplete product. Now its fine if you go into it knowing that...however most people go in thinking its the final product and thats how its going to work exactly when its released as final...

and then when they find an issue, its all "OMG IM NOT BUYING THIS CRAP HURRRR DUUURRRR"

weird man

AEJustin1
09-22-2010, 06:39 PM
exactly lol

S10Draven
09-22-2010, 07:58 PM
I don't understand peoples fascination with beta testing stuff...you are playing or testing an incomplete product. Now its fine if you go into it knowing that...however most people go in thinking its the final product and thats how its going to work exactly when its released as final...

and then when they find an issue, its all "OMG IM NOT BUYING THIS CRAP HURRRR DUUURRRR"

weird man

because 90% of the time what you see in the beta is what the final version is like..its just like playing a demo.

DatGuy
09-22-2010, 08:00 PM
not at all, betas are rough and have very little polish

[SS]Wally
09-22-2010, 10:07 PM
I am curious about the ESPN stuff as well. But I don't think its going to be what any of us hope its going to be.

S10Draven
09-23-2010, 09:55 AM
not at all, betas are rough and have very little polish

they may look better but the gameplay is 90% of what you will see in final game...least thats how it has been with all the games ive beta tested.

KAIZER SOSA
09-26-2010, 11:18 PM
Signed up for it and was accepted... Hopefully they change our avatar's flamboyant hip stance.

AEJustin1
09-29-2010, 08:11 PM
got my updated dashboard tonight..... right smack in the middle of a Slayer match on Reach.... lol but anyways It's updating now.

AEJustin1
09-29-2010, 08:21 PM
the only thing that sucks right now is with the beta they have avatar awards and props disabled >_< until kinect/ new dashboard is publicly available...... not too bad but I want to see my halo helmets I'm unlocking! LOL

AEJustin1
09-29-2010, 08:46 PM
The redesign is pretty badas IMO, menus are slicker looking and sharper, the voice features are MUCH clearer and the ESPN thing is AWESOME!

Bassani
09-30-2010, 07:04 AM
im not a fan of the way the voice sounds for messages & such, it sounds tin canney to me, roboty kinda, not sure how else to describe it, but Im not a fan of the voice

KAIZER SOSA
10-02-2010, 08:42 PM
The new Avatar options are pretty neat... been having problems with the new voice codec though and with Themes, they seem to infuse with one another improperly upon change.