PDA

View Full Version : NHL 11 - Madden 11

[SS]Grifter
09-07-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm a pretty casual player of both games - rarely online with either one of them. Just wondering if anyone (DatGuy) has the NHL 11 or the Madden 11 and how they are? Any drawbacks? Improvements? ttechnical issues within the game?

DatGuy
09-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Ill have my PS3 copy of NHL 11 today. 360 copy next week.

I have been playing it for 3 weeks now at my buddies place...you WILL NOT be disappointed

edit: should read full post before posting.

The hitting is fantastic, its the most realistic hitting you have ever seen. Broken sticks add a cool element to the play and they break about as often as real life. Overall its a great improvement over last year and feels amazing to play.

AEJustin1
09-07-2010, 10:58 PM
I've got madden 11, I love it, one of the best IMO I don't know crap about formations and all that jazz. I know the rules and how to play and this year really caters to the casual madden players, makes it easier to pick plays and what not.

[SS]Grifter
09-07-2010, 11:39 PM
I've got madden 11, I love it, one of the best IMO I don't know crap about formations and all that jazz. I know the rules and how to play and this year really caters to the casual madden players, makes it easier to pick plays and what not.

See - that I might like because I don't get as involved with it like some people do. My brother literally invests hours upon hours just getting his team together for leagues. I just want to plug in and play. Now, having said that - I feel that there should be 2 modes to the game. One that caters to people like myself who don't want to invest the time or effort into that, and to those like my brother who get really indepth with the rules and the formations and the set up and the drafting, etc.

I wish game companies would cater to both parties instead of just one or the other, pissing off either or both sides in the process. It's not difficult to do considering that for the most part and anyone that says they can't do it, I say bullshit. Developers have already gone from one extreme to the next with any game in a series.

[SS]Grifter
09-07-2010, 11:40 PM
Ill have my PS3 copy of NHL 11 today. 360 copy next week.

I have been playing it for 3 weeks now at my buddies place...you WILL NOT be disappointed

edit: should read full post before posting.

The hitting is fantastic, its the most realistic hitting you have ever seen. Broken sticks add a cool element to the play and they break about as often as real life. Overall its a great improvement over last year and feels amazing to play.

Heard that the passing was tough to get down. But it's another game I'll have to pick up I'm sure. And of course, we'll get together online when I get it and play. You're the only one I'll play against online Dat...lol

AEJustin1
09-08-2010, 07:42 AM
yea they have the option in madden 11 to play as either way you want to play, if you prefer to pick each play and look through the playbooks you can do that. I just leave it on the default and let the coaches pick my plays for me, unless I don't really like the play they pick and then I can audible lol.

AEJustin1
01-23-2011, 11:27 PM
I picked up NHL 10 today lol I'm a little behind the times but not a big enough hockey fan to warrant a $40-60 purchase. Got NHL 10 for $17, seems fun so far!

DatGuy
01-24-2011, 01:58 AM
10?

slacker, although if you want a beat down, I still have my nhl 10 disc

Bassani
01-24-2011, 03:26 AM
Grifter;130778']
I wish game companies would cater to both parties instead of just one or the other, pissing off either or both sides in the process. It's not difficult to do considering that for the most part and anyone that says they can't do it, I say bullshit. Developers have already gone from one extreme to the next with any game in a series.

This is what I've always said about shooters. Big maps for vehicles & small for non. Or special playlists for both. Kind of like Hardcore vs Core in CoD...

AEJustin1
01-24-2011, 08:26 AM
10?

slacker, although if you want a beat down, I still have my nhl 10 disc

sweet I may have to take you up on that offer soon.

[SS]Wally
01-24-2011, 02:44 PM
lol Bass

Hey Grifter and DG, are any of these hockey games offering first person?

DatGuy
01-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Wally;135807']lol Bass

Hey Grifter and DG, are any of these hockey games offering first person?

not first person.

But in be a pro mode its like third person, the camera is low to the ice behind your player and you control only that one player

AEJustin1
01-24-2011, 10:23 PM
^^ speaking of which just started my be a pro mode, pretty f'n awesome. Looks like it might help me learn a bit more about hockey. My *juniors team won the game in a shootout which was badass, I didn't make any goals though :( lol but I ended up getting drafted #11 overall to the Nashville Predators (ugh) lol. I also have line changes off for pro mode so I can get all the playing time lol.

edit:
Think I might re-do that first game and see if I can make it to the top 10 and unlock that hockey stick with a power slot in it :)

AEJustin1
01-29-2011, 04:28 AM
so yea I re-did the first game in the My Player mode (put it on easy as well since I'm new at it lol) Ended up getting drafted #1 overall to the Ottawa Senators, and we are currently 6-0 to start the season out, I've got 13 goals so far too, including 2 hat-trick games lol. Loving this game at the moment.

DatGuy
01-29-2011, 07:16 PM
so yea I re-did the first game in the My Player mode (put it on easy as well since I'm new at it lol) Ended up getting drafted #1 overall to the Ottawa Senators, and we are currently 6-0 to start the season out, I've got 13 goals so far too, including 2 hat-trick games lol. Loving this game at the moment.

we should play a game Justin

AEJustin1
01-29-2011, 11:14 PM
hell yea man, def would be up for that sometime. I'm a little busy this weekend as I have some studying and homework to do before my College Algebra/Trigonometry test on tuesday.