PDA

View Full Version : Can I... ?

KAIZER SOSA
04-18-2010, 03:58 AM
Hey guys, long time, no see... (very long time)

Some of the SS guys might recall I was a potential recruit (avid sniper) back during the World at War days but very unfortunately couldn't fully commit to the offer as I had some personal events going on at the time.

Well, fast forward and I'm glad to see things are still well here, now I have a particular question...

I'm in the process of creating a sniping tutorial website for Modern Warfare 2, and its coming along rather well. I have a particular section where I present map strategies and such, and by every map there is a description...

I personally own the the MW2 Strategy guide and impressed with the MP section you guys work on. I wanted to know if it were okay (and legal) to use certain brief written excerpts from the map descriptions you guys wrote in the guide on my site?

I, being an admirer of this clan for quite awhile, have no problem crediting you guys and linking your site if this particular event is possible, and would appreciate an answer.

Thanks.

[SS]Midnight
04-18-2010, 04:38 PM
You are asking the wrong people. When we do work on a strategy guide the work we do becomes the property of the publisher who hired us. In this case Brady Games.
http://www.bradygames.com/index.aspx

The material in the guide belongs to them, and so it is them you should ask.

[SS]Rator
04-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Hey K, yea you cannot use anything from the guide anywhere else in any media unfortunately. Otherwise we'd have posted all of the maps for all of the guides we've done here on the site. You can't use text either, again, if anyone could legally use it, we'd have posted the whole guide here as well. Sucks, but that's how it is. Thanks for asking however, and good luck with your site!

KAIZER SOSA
05-02-2010, 07:31 AM
Ah, I figured... That's fine, I'll just write my own brief map descriptions, no biggie. Was kinda being lazy lol shame on me. By the way thanks for the well wishing Rator, I'll share the link once my little project site is done.

[SS]Rator
05-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Sweet!

[SS]Wally
05-03-2010, 12:37 PM
In the world of copyrights, if you digest something that is copyrighted and then poop it out in your own words you are good.

So read up, and poop it out, your good 2 go. But don't ever copy/paste.

KAIZER SOSA
05-04-2010, 07:32 AM
Wally;126025']In the world of copyrights, if you digest something that is copyrighted and then poop it out in your own words you are good.

So read up, and poop it out, your good 2 go. But don't ever copy/paste.

Thanks. Your completely right, I mean it wasn't entirely a copy/paste essay just about two sentences to each map I wanted to actually use but it can easily be rewritten (by now all of it is).

The poop theory is priceless though... :biggrin: