PDA

View Full Version : Spawn Tactics

AlexXC92794
02-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Hi Sea Snipers,
I've just watched a video about tactics for Domination (Derail Map). Essentially the player ignored the flags and quickly moved to pin down the opposing team in their Spawn Area. The guy got a high kill count but I wouldn't say his style was in the spirit of the game. Personally I think it is pretty neat to win the game with fewer kills.
What do the experts think? Thanks AL

[SSr]LouSaynis
02-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Well, I'm not a Sea Sniper, but I think that winning by ignoring the objectives and spawn camping is pretty low imo

[SS]Rator
02-07-2010, 08:59 PM
The most efficient way to win Dom, is to take your flag, and the middle flag, thus pinning the enemy team into their spawn. "spawn camping" doesn't really bother me. If you let someone get back to your base to do it, they deserve to kill you and your team repeatedly.

Chenzo
02-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Rator;121280']The most efficient way to win Dom, is to take your flag, and the middle flag, thus pinning the enemy team into their spawn. "spawn camping" doesn't really bother me. If you let someone get back to your base to do it, they deserve to kill you and your team repeatedly.

QFT.

(plus: a positive KDR != guaranteed win)

AlexXC92794
02-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Fair enough. I don't mind taking a bad loss if my tactics are wrong, I just thought his style was a bit cynical. Cheers AL

[SS]Rator
02-08-2010, 07:03 PM
People will always look for the path of least resistence. Sometimes that becomes a nuisance for other players, but look at it more like a challenge than anything else.

AlexXC92794
02-09-2010, 02:51 PM
I agree Rator. It is the real attraction of the Online game is that you have to think on your feet. However smart IW have made their AI it's never going to compare to some bloodthirsty Thirteen year old who is out to get you.. AL