PDA

View Full Version : Suppresed Weapons

AlexXC92794
02-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Does the silencer attachment suppress muzzle flash as well of noise? Had a very productive game on "Underpass" recently using a FAMAS with a silencer.
Conversly, would Tracer rounds be a cool attachment? Imangine the FC Orders you could give on a team game? Ta AL

[SS]Midnight
02-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Yes.
and
All weapons have tracers. Even silenced ones.

[SS]Rator
02-03-2010, 04:19 PM
You do not show up on radar with a silencer.

[SS]Hobo
02-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Rator;121099']You do not show up on radar with a silencer.

Yup, it keeps you from showing up as a red dot on the UVA/mini map when you fire your weapon. The suppressor will not make the weapon completely silent, people can still hear you shoot if their in close proximity.

And Midnight is right all the weapons have tracers, but when you use the FMJ's your tracers are red.

Chenzo
02-05-2010, 10:54 AM
I've got a love hate relationship with silencers... It is nice to not show up on the map, but the drop in power is annoying.

AlexXC92794
02-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the advice fellas.

I agree with Chenzo, I love the almost silent report that you get from the Suppressed FAMAS it has a real 'Spec Ops' feel about it but I reckon it really kills the power on the SCAR-H and the ACR. Like always, I suppose the Silencers' worth depends on the Map you are playing.

I didn't realise IW had designed Tracers into MW2. I'm pretty hazy about it now but I'm sure tracer rounds used glow much brighter in real life than they do in the game. It's not that impotant but it has made me think a Map set at night would be mega, imagine it! Especially if you had to unlock NVG on level 43 or somthing crazy like that.

Regards Alex

[SS]Midnight
02-05-2010, 07:39 PM
I unlocked NVG's when I bought the game. Now I spy on my neighbors.

You do not really notice the drop in power with suppressed weapons on Hard Core game modes. That is why I like them.