PDA

View Full Version : Borderlands Xbox 360

RickDicolus
01-26-2010, 03:59 PM
I've been taking a breather from MW2 (I have something ridiculous like 17 days played already) and I've been playing Borderlands. This game isn't anything special, but I love it. If you like fallout 3 but hated all the depth and plot you'll enjoy this game. I do lament the lack of a third person view and the enemy spawns are whack other than that it's pretty fun. I admit I have some trouble switching games though. Does anyone else have an issue with this? I'll play the daylights out of a game, but when I'm into a game it's like I have a mental block when it comes to popping in another disc.

TR1KSTER
01-26-2010, 09:44 PM
A lot of people already know about this game. Don't mean to be rude, but this is a game most enjoyed by a lot of people and if you don't know about this game then you must be 8.

[SS]Midnight
01-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Real harsh TR1KSTER. Everyone is entitled to give their opinion of the games they play.

[SS]Rator
01-26-2010, 11:09 PM
Yea Trix, please be kind here.

[SS]Showstoper
01-26-2010, 11:13 PM
I've been taking a breather from MW2 (I have something ridiculous like 17 days played already) and I've been playing Borderlands. This game isn't anything special, but I love it. If you like fallout 3 but hated all the depth and plot you'll enjoy this game. I do lament the lack of a third person view and the enemy spawns are whack other than that it's pretty fun. I admit I have some trouble switching games though. Does anyone else have an issue with this? I'll play the daylights out of a game, but when I'm into a game it's like I have a mental block when it comes to popping in another disc.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to pick up this game. I heard nothing but good reviews and opinions about it. Thanks Rick, for your input.

[SS]Rator
01-26-2010, 11:18 PM
Shooters played thru it too Show you can talk to him about it.

[SS]Hobo
01-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Yeah I hear what you saying Rick, you get so accustom to certain controls that when you play another game you feel totally lost and disoriented. Like the other day I went and played BF2:Modern Combat (a game that I've put alot of hours into over the years) and I felt lost, I was changing guns when I wanted to throw grenades, I had to sit in the spawn and go back over all the controls again before going back in to battle.

One cool feature I really wish they would put in more games is the option to setup your controls anyway you like, (I think Kill Zone 2 was the last game I played that had this feature), I set it up just like the tactical default controls on Call of Duty because thats what I'm comfortable using for shooter games.

RickDicolus
01-26-2010, 11:30 PM
Yeah, I was just talking about the game Trik, not trying enlighten the masses of it's existence.

Yo midnight, if you can find it for cheap most definitely get it and feel free to msg me (on XBL) if you have any further questions or need some co-op help. Switters and Turd have played the game quite a bit as well so you could probably hit them up for a second opinion.

Hobo, I think that a more detailed button assignment function should be a staple in all games. I'm not a robot myself, but it seems like it wouldn't be too complicated. ps- Tactical is the way to go. Nothing better than knifing at an enemy that's 20 feet away in the heat of battle, not that bellying down is much better...

S10Draven
01-27-2010, 01:19 AM
i got borderlands for xmas...its a really fun game. i like how if a enemy is one lvl higher then you he will most likely whoop your ass.

Sabotage
01-27-2010, 01:51 AM
I got really board playing by myself. But when a few people jumped on with me it got tons more fun.

AEJustin1
01-27-2010, 02:32 AM
^^agreed playing with other people is much more fun! Great game though

TR1KSTER
01-27-2010, 08:10 AM
Sorry about that. I was already pissed last night and took my anger on this specific topic and person. He does have the right to his own opinion. I know when I first played borderlands I wanted everyone to know so in a way he's like I was.

[SS]Rator
01-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Yea if anyone is being a dick or a dumbass in here, I will deal with them myself.

RickDicolus
02-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Yeah, I haven't been able to play anything for the last few days... I'm afraid of going into the "game room". Every time I look in there i have this terrible reaction. I quit chewing a few days ago and, and I can't remember the last time I played video games without chew. It's been at least 14 years. I suppose it'll get better eventually (it's called extinction for you psych buff), but until then I guess i'll pace around and yell at my wife for no reason then apologize and then take a nap.