PDA

View Full Version : Karachi Map Naming

RickDicolus
01-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Is there a "definitive" name for the roof that is attached to the apartment building that kinda overlooks the diner/bus station area?

[SS]Wally
01-11-2010, 03:44 PM
I believe we would call it the "Apartment Roof" in game and everyone would know which one we would be calling out.

If you don't know exactly the name that a area has been 'branded' by the online community call out what is fast and easy for you. The last thing you want to do is clog up the comms.

Ex: Roof overlooking Bus, or Roof closest to Buss, or long Roof closest to Bus.

All three of those would make me think of the location.

Better yet: air onditioner roof overlooking bus. Now I know which one for sure.

Good luck.

RickDicolus
01-11-2010, 03:54 PM
I was just checking it out in a private match and I'm pretty sure it's a bakery. It's a separate building from the apt. and I punched a bunch of the words on the the side of the building into a search engine and they were bakery related. Shakkar is sugar and the the french is pastry related. and there are also "General Store" signs on the outside. I think bakery would be good because there are already all kinds of "stores" in MW2, and aren't you in the mood for some baked goods?

When I hear "Apartment Room" I feel there is still a certain amount of ambiguity and I guess I don't like it. You are very right though long call outs are the worst especially after a long day/night the last thing you want is to have to scramble for a detailed description of the enemy location. Me late at night- he's...um... on the thing that's by the... door roof thinger by the chicken, never mind. Oh wait the satellite roof!
RickDicolus is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

RickDicolus
01-11-2010, 03:59 PM
?

[SS]Wally
01-11-2010, 05:43 PM
I meant "Apartment Roof" as a example. I believe we call it the apartment. If its the roof I am thinking of.

Anyway the whole aspect of calling things out when you don't know what the online community call them is the real reason I posted above. Trying to get my point across on how I call stuff out. But I can see you understand.

Sometimes I don't know the map well enough so I call out a position from the spawn. :"far back left building second floor"

you got it.

[SS]Hobo
01-11-2010, 05:51 PM
How about the "Tin Roof"? :thinking-020:

[SS]Midnight
01-11-2010, 07:20 PM
The Cafe is in the NE corner of the map. I think that is what you are calling the diner.

And YES you can delete your own posts. To do so...
Click EDIT
then DELETE
then click the DELETE MESSAGE bullet
then click the DELETE THIS MESSAGE.

RickDicolus
01-15-2010, 04:29 PM
I may be simple, but I see no "DELETE" icon. As far as the naming goes, I was just trying to throw out a suggestion. Sometimes the stick and sometimes they don't, but the more people on the same page the better.

sw1tt3rs
01-15-2010, 07:25 PM
a great example of some bad location naming are the bridges on rundown. i was playing a match there last night with hobo, dg, and a few other guys, and we were calling out locations like "he's coming across the wooden footbridge", or hobo is good about calling out directions and locations, "north bridge/southbridge" and this guy, thunderbunny i think it was is like "which one is the northbridge? i'm just gonna call it 'A'. " does anyone else see how that might be confusing, and i'm thinking to myself.."if only there were a collection of maps with locations listed, details and such. if only...." nothing like a public room full of randoms to leave you scratching your head sometimes.