PDA

View Full Version : How many Pro Clans are out there?

Acidrayne777
01-04-2010, 04:24 AM
Where can one find this info? And where would the biggest clan ladder be? The BALZ clan has been around sense 2003 but we have been just friends playing around. Now we have about 60 members, about 15 elite members, and 30 regestered members. How is this for a clan? Please get back to me thanks any and everyone.

[SS]Rator
01-04-2010, 02:49 PM
When you say pro, what do you mean? Top #x on ladders? Pay per win tourney players? Dunno. You can play at GameBattles, MLG, Team Warfare, CAL, there are a few. Google.

kotaco
01-04-2010, 06:01 PM
When somebody says Pro clan I think that would be one that plays for money. There is a lot of money to be earned in the competitions they have out there.

As for clans that have been around for a while, there is a ton.

[SS] has been around since 2002
My clan ([mXm]) has been together since 2004

And those are just two that started on SOCOM.

Gamebattles was the big ladder for a while, then they got bought out by MLG and now I hear they aren't what they used to be. There's a ton of little game specific ladders and leagues like Urgent Fury, Chaos Tactics, SEAL, etc. I dont think you can define a "biggest" ladder since most are for different games and genres.

As for clan size, that depends on the clan. A good clan can have any amount of members as long as they get along well with each others. Some people our out there just trying to get numbers, others like to keep it small and more personal. What works best is up to you.

[SS]Rator
01-04-2010, 06:03 PM
The difference with us is that we dont PLAY for money, we WORK for it.

kotaco
01-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Rator;119198']The difference with us is that we dont PLAY for money, we WORK for it.

touche

[SS]Rator
01-04-2010, 06:13 PM
ha! i like working for it actually. If we had to play for it, everyone would have to uproot themselves and fly all over the place to diff tourneys etc. That's not our bag.

kotaco
01-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Rator;119202']ha! i like working for it actually. If we had to play for it, everyone would have to uproot themselves and fly all over the place to diff tourneys etc. That's not our bag.

I was actually watching a news video on some of those gaming tournys it was pretty crazy.

Then they did an article on N0M4D who was there, I never knew where that gaming config came from, was pretty interesting. (News Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTnwpmutbWE)

Anyway they said 80k dollars were up for grabs total. 3rd place got 8k of it. Not sure what 2nd and 1st got.

[SS]Midnight
01-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Ya the N0M4D story is pretty cool. That guy can own with just his face.

My personal guess on how many 'Pro Clans' out there is 8,436. (Prove me wrong) heh

Acidrayne777
01-07-2010, 09:10 AM
O nononono I mean pro as in more of a have fun playin a game thing. Not like for money or anything like that sorry to make anyone think other wise. What I did mean is pro with only firearms nots nubtubs and such. Rator had said not to play in gamebattel, or MLG i think it was. What is a good one to play in? My guys like the rules that was in our game, and the fact that everyone followed them. Most of the time people start to do what they please once the clock starts.

[SS]Rator
01-07-2010, 03:21 PM
our league. http://seasnipers.net/seal

[SS]Midnight
01-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Heh. Ya that's about it. Our league. Everyone else uses everything or most everything.

We have actually had other clans copy our format and start a league of their own, but such a league might be difficult to find.