PDA

View Full Version : Sherlock Holmes

[SS]Midnight
12-28-2009, 02:43 AM
Man. I was SURE someone had already posted about this movie but I did not see it anywhere.

Anyway saw it before practice tonight with the wife. It was very good. Highly recommend it.
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S4K3aM5H5KM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S4K3aM5H5KM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

[SS]Rator
12-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Yea cause Sherlock was an ulitmate fighter... pfftt.

[SS]Wally
12-28-2009, 02:53 PM
When I think of Sherlock I think of the double-brimmed hat, plaid cloak, and the hounds of Baskerville. I always thought someone would do a modern remake since the Batmans/Spidermans.

I will see this movie when I can find it. Where's the hat?

[SS]Rator
12-28-2009, 03:49 PM
he lost the hat in a UFC match.

[SS]Wally
12-28-2009, 06:03 PM
lol

[SS]Rator
12-28-2009, 06:57 PM
or maybe in the high speed car chase?

HunsingerDE
12-31-2009, 01:22 PM
actually Conan Doyle did write Holmes as one who had fighting and martial arts skills.

and there were no cars back then, so it had to have been a carriage chase;)

regarding the fighting though, I'm not sure if anyone thought, or feared, from the trailer that it was gonna be like the cheezy slo mo fighting effect from watchmen, fear not. It's actually pretty damn cool what Ritchie does in the fight scenes

btw, Rator, when was the last time you even saw a movie in the theater;)

[SS]Rator
12-31-2009, 01:41 PM
Who is this...

[SS]Midnight
12-31-2009, 08:20 PM
Yes good question.....who are you HunsingerDE?

[SS]Rator
01-01-2010, 02:19 AM
lol its my brother Midnight.

[SS]Showstoper
01-01-2010, 01:52 PM
actually Conan Doyle did write Holmes as one who had fighting and martial arts skills.

and there were no cars back then, so it had to have been a carriage chase;)

regarding the fighting though, I'm not sure if anyone thought, or feared, from the trailer that it was gonna be like the cheezy slo mo fighting effect from watchmen, fear not. It's actually pretty damn cool what Ritchie does in the fight scenes

btw, Rator, when was the last time you even saw a movie in the theater;)

Hello, Rator's Bro. I'm Show, do you game also? Welcome to the forums.

[SS]Midnight
01-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Rator;119074']lol its my brother Midnight.
You have a brother? lol

HunsingerDE
01-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Hey man, thanks, yeah I do game but not in the same league as you guys.

Bassani
01-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Ahh, he plays in the minors...

sw1tt3rs
01-16-2010, 11:29 AM
i liked this movie, and was surprised to find that it was a guy ritchie joint. i have even read that the sequel might be in trouble though for some implications of a homo-erotic relationship between watson and holmes. i wonder who asked the other for a dance? <nod to rocknrolla>

[SS]Grifter
01-22-2010, 01:39 PM
All speculation of course, but they are moving forward wit ha Sherlock Holmes 2....

'Sherlock' Sequel Starring Brad Pitt (http://www.popeater.com/2009/12/29/brad-pitt-coming-to-sherlock-holmes-2/)

After 'Sherlock Holmes' managed to uncover more than $65 million in its opening weekend, 'Sherlock Holmes 2' is being planned with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law already committed. But the big surprise will be the addition of Brad Pitt as Professor Moriarty.

"The director, Guy Ritchie, loves Brad," an industry source tells me. "He has worked with him before and thinks he is one of the most underrated actors working today. Guy knows that everyone thinks of as a Pitt as a pretty boy and can't wait to turn him into the world's greatest supervillain. It will definitely make the sequel a must-see."

Pitt and Ritchie worked together on 2000's 'Snatch,' in which Pitt played a mumbling, can't-understand-a-word-he-says Irish gypsy fighter. He definitely wasn't a 'pretty boy' in it, and hopefully that's exactly what Ritchie can pull out of him again.

As for Brad, an insider tells me he's "very interested in taking on the role and happy they aren't considering his kick-ass partner Angelina for the part."

Sabotage
01-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Yes I've heard this too. If it does happen it should be pretty good because that's an awesome cast and director.