PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Movie 12/18/09: Avatar

TR1KSTER
11-27-2009, 11:18 AM
If you haven't already seen the previews it is a very good movie from the looks of those parts they showed.

[SS]Midnight
11-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Wow. This movie looks really good. Best CG I have seen yet. Good find TR1KSTER.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d1_JBMrrYw8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d1_JBMrrYw8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

NEO-X
11-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Does this have any relation to the Nickelodeon anime?

[SS]Midnight
11-29-2009, 09:18 PM
You saw the trailer in my post right? Heh. What do you think?

TR1KSTER
11-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Loved it. I've already made plans to see the movie the day it comes out and even canceled my clans practice to treat some of my members to the movie as a Christmas gift.

Sabotage
12-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Saw it in 3-D and DAMN it was fantastic. Made use of the 3-D technology super well. I was a good movie overall but I would imagine it wouldn't be anything too special in 2-D, wouldn't be a bad movie though. 3-D is what made the movie and it was BAD ASS!

[SS]Midnight
12-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Sweet. I think I may take the wife to see it tomorrow. We still need to do our Christmas shopping as well.

[SS]Steve-O
12-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Great movie 8/10 easily. Although I disagree with sabotage I thought the 3d was nothing spectacular even annoying at times. The problem is they shoot 3d movies as if its a normal 2d movie and use a wide variety of aperture settings. So when you want to look in the background of a scene and they used a large aperture setting like F2.0 its blurry and takes away from the 3d effect. Don't get me wrong some scenes are pure eye candy, and overall the 3d effect when used with the right aperture setting really did give you that surreal feeling of being "there". I would just prefer to have the ability to look at the foreground and background at my discretion rather then being forced to look at what the lens is focused on.

BTW my girlfriend liked the movie a lot too, even thou it did take some convincing to get over the sci-fi portrayal of the the movie. Keywords that helped were, James Cameron made Titanic, Rotten Tomatoes average score is 82%, and IMDB currently has the movie listed as 8.9 out of 10. Oh and its not a space movie, its green-peace love story like Romeo and Juliet meets Ferngully, just with humanoids and humans instead of the Capulets and Montague's and fairy's, kinda....

[SS]Chief
12-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Checking it out today....

[SS]Midnight
12-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Saw it late last night with the wife.

Epic.

Not all CG, like I thought. Mostly CG though. The 3d was Very good.
Thanks to Steve-O I paid attention to the focus and noticed that I could not look at the background when they did not focus on it. thanks Steve-O. I never would have done that otherwise. I would have focused on what they wanted like all the other sheep, but NO you had to point it out.....lol

The movie was awesome! The wife and I loved it.

[SS]Steve-O
12-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Midnight;118465']Saw it late last night with the wife.

Epic.

Not all CG, like I thought. Mostly CG though. The 3d was Very good.
Thanks to Steve-O I paid attention to the focus and noticed that I could not look at the background when they did not focus on it. thanks Steve-O. I never would have done that otherwise. I would have focused on what they wanted like all the other sheep, but NO you had to point it out.....lol

The movie was awesome! The wife and I loved it.

hahaha sorry Midnight... Ignorence is bliss.