PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 5 to have a track editor??

AEJustin1
11-02-2009, 08:27 PM
This would be one of the coolest things EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/02/rumor-gran-turismo-5-to-feature-track-editor/

The site E4G reports that Gran Turismo 5 will include a very exciting option: The ability to create your own tracks or edit the existing tracks. Eurogamer checked in with Sony to confirm this new feature, and, while Sony refused to confirm the news, the company also refused to deny it, in a carefully worded statement that makes the news suddenly seem more plausible: "We haven't confirmed this and aren't offering any other comment at this time," Sony told Eurogamer.

We contacted SCEA but have yet to hear back, so this rumor is going to have to remain a rumor. Hopefully we'll find out before the game comes out, although Sony also has yet to announce the release date beyond a possible "early 2010." Okay, we'll simplify the whole thing: Gran Turismo 5 is an unconfirmed rumor.

DatGuy
11-02-2009, 09:11 PM
interesting...wonder how it will be

HTK
11-02-2009, 10:34 PM
Been anticipating GT5 since the launch of the PS3 its taking forever. Track Editor would be spectacular. It would probably work something like ModNation Racer...

[SS]Rator
11-02-2009, 11:12 PM
wow, i shouldnt even weigh in on this but i cant resist. GT5 was supposed to launch with the ps3. it didnt, instead you got a demo. How many years later is it like 2+? We've gotten 2 Forzas since then and honestly, Forza just rolls over GT. Gt has no car editor or auction house etc etc. and is 2+ years late. I remember when GT was THE SHIT in racing games. Nothing could beat it. Now Forza's beaten it, twice. Can't believe you PS3-ers even care about it anymore.

HTK
11-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Rator;115319']wow, i shouldnt even weigh in on this but i cant resist. GT5 was supposed to launch with the ps3. it didnt, instead you got a demo. How many years later is it like 2+? We've gotten 2 Forzas since then and honestly, Forza just rolls over GT. Gt has no car editor or auction house etc etc. and is 2+ years late. I remember when GT was THE SHIT in racing games. Nothing could beat it. Now Forza's beaten it, twice. Can't believe you PS3-ers even care about it anymore.

Not sure why you think Forza beats GranTurismo when GranTurismo is not even out. But when you compare GT vs. Forza on next gen consoles, compare the fact that GT: Prologue the DEMO sold more than either forza's that came out. Maybe, all the Forzas that have come out combined beat the GT:P Demo but that's quite sad considering it's a demo.

Don't know why people have been brutal towards GT, when it's the franchise that basically opened the doors for games like Forza. GT had over 45 million copy's sold before Forza even came out.

Moving on to my next point, If you know anything about PD/GT you could probably understand why it's taking so long. They have always been the brand/franchise that basically commercializes the PlayStation brand and why you should buy it. Basically on technical advancements, as a first party company should anyway.

As much as I love racing genre overall, Forza 3 graphics still can't even surpass the GT:P Demo. But, don't get me wrong. It's not always about that. I love Forza for what it is. It's not like Gran Turismo, Forza strictly does "Community Perks" that GranTurismo lacks.

A lot of people that are not into racing games, think Forza and GT go head to head. But they're both completely different in what they deliver for racing.

End Rant/ if you will hahahaha cheers. I guess you can call me a SONY :cheerleader-119: but it's all facts in what I preach.

Drive on :transport-043:

[SS]Rator
11-03-2009, 01:06 AM
Not sure why you think Forza beats GranTurismo when GranTurismo is not even out.

Isn't that kinda why it wins? There have been 2 forzas before even one full GT.

But when you compare GT vs. Forza on next gen consoles, compare the fact that GT: Prologue the DEMO sold more than either forza's that came out. Maybe, all the Forzas that have come out combined beat the GT:P Demo but that's quite sad considering it's a demo.

Just because it sold more doesn't make it better. Budweiser sells more beer than probably Guiness or whatever, but might not taste as good to you. It's all taste really.

Don't know why people have been brutal towards GT, when it's the franchise that basically opened the doors for games like Forza. GT had over 45 million copy's sold before Forza even came out.

Just because they started it doesn't mean they can make empty promises and come late to the market with a product that, in my eyes, has less features. Look at Guitar Hero vs Rock Band.

Moving on to my next point, If you know anything about PD/GT you could probably understand why it's taking so long. They have always been the brand/franchise that basically commercializes the PlayStation brand and why you should buy it. Basically on technical advancements, as a first party company should anyway.

Pretty sure i didn't buy a ps3 for a GT game that still hasn't come out. Also pretty sure that Forza has some major brands in it if that's what you're talking about.

As much as I love racing genre overall, Forza 3 graphics still can't even surpass the GT:P Demo. But, don't get me wrong. It's not always about that. I love Forza for what it is. It's not like Gran Turismo, Forza strictly does "Community Perks" that GranTurismo lacks.

I dunno, i think the diff is marginal. Found these pics...

Forza 3
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb127/XSamu/forza3.png

GT 5
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb127/XSamu/gt5.png

A lot of people that are not into racing games, think Forza and GT go head to head. But they're both completely different in what they deliver for racing.

End Rant/ if you will hahahaha cheers. I guess you can call me a SONY :cheerleader-119: but it's all facts in what I preach.

Drive on :transport-043:

They don't look that diff from those screen shots lol. Plus they're both racing sims, so... I think GT has rally stuff too, but we have Dirt for that and i kinda like them separate. Plus Forza has the painting system, auction house, all the online racing stuff that's been tested and works, and a fuck ton of cars. Dunno the # of cars between the 2 games but thats probly close too.

Look all i'm saying here is that GT has lost it's edge. It said it was going to launch with the ps3 and it didnt. It said it was going to have online with its last game it didnt. It said it was going to be out so long ago and still isnt. Forza already put out 2 solid quality games and still all Polyphony has managed to squeeze out was a demo. Does the ps3 even have any other quality racing games? Maybe that's why Prologue sold so many copies, Sony kinda does that.

HTK
11-03-2009, 09:36 AM
GT is going to have 1,000 cars...demo didn't have online simply if they work on the demo and it will delay GT5. Saying that GT:P Sold that much cause there are no other racers, I would have to disagree for the same reasons previous GTs sold around 5 to 10 million.

Yes, 2 Forzas have come and gone. I'm still pretty sure GT5 will outsell them both combined simply because GT is perfection and people like perfection.

I just hope the rumor is true where you can create your own tracks in GT5 cause that would be incredible.

S10Draven
11-03-2009, 12:45 PM
the previous GT sold that many cuz they were the end all be all for racing sims. arcade racers where a dime a dozen back then and people wanted something new and thats what GT gave them. no other game at that time could touch them.

i have been a GT fan since 1 and sadly i now like forza more. GT4 was supposed to have online, i beta tested it and it ran really smooth and looked great. not sure why they dumped it. sony releasing GT5 this late in the game will mean they have some serious catchin up to do with forza.

[SS]Rator
11-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Yea GT is NOT perfection thats for sure, those screenshot comparisons can tell you that lol. And 1000 cars thats nice. But no online in 2 years on a next gen console is pathetic and you know it. I seriously think that they sell so many on the ps3 now cause theres just nothing else for you on that console.

Bassani
11-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Wasnt GT supposed to be online when it was on the PS2, Im pretty sure it was, I forgot the name of that one GT, but this was like 3 years ago, I remember a few of us talking about it and the way we ran online was posted up our lap times in AIM to each other, lol.

From what Ive seen in the past, Id say Forza is way better too, but then again, I have nothing to compare it to, but yet, this is why Forza is better...

DatGuy
11-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Bassani;115371']Wasnt GT supposed to be online when it was on the PS2, Im pretty sure it was, I forgot the name of that one GT, but this was like 3 years ago, I remember a few of us talking about it and the way we ran online was posted up our lap times in AIM to each other, lol.

From what Ive seen in the past, Id say Forza is way better too, but then again, I have nothing to compare it to, but yet, this is why Forza is better...

GT4 was supposed to have online, there was a beta for it and everything...then the game came out and it wasnt there

HTK
11-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Rator;115366']Yea GT is NOT perfection thats for sure, those screenshot comparisons can tell you that lol. And 1000 cars thats nice. But no online in 2 years on a next gen console is pathetic and you know it. I seriously think that they sell so many on the ps3 now cause theres just nothing else for you on that console.

You mean racing or just games? If it's racing we have all that regular stupid bs 3rd party but GT is the main cookie. Once GT5 releases and if you have been following it close, I dont think it will be doing catching up. I think others will be doing catching up to match GT5 with the features and quality it shows to have.

[SS]Rator
11-03-2009, 03:12 PM
lol dude, its already gotta catch up and its not even out yet. You cant deny the facts. it looks like it will have more cars over forza and thats about it. doesnt have better graphics, doesnt have better online im sure, doesnt have the auction stuff, doesnt have the paint editor, etc etc etc etc etc. If it turns out to be better ill be the first to admit i was wrong, but feature wise, its lacking. they lied about the whole franchise and what it will have, delayed it over and over again. I dont think im being fanboy about this, but GT doesnt offer anything that forza 2 or 3 doesnt already have right now.

S10Draven
11-03-2009, 03:33 PM
theres no way GT will take out forza and yes it was GT4 that was supposed to have online.

Bassani
11-03-2009, 03:49 PM
idk, I actually think it might have been GT3...

S10Draven
11-03-2009, 03:51 PM
actually your wrong...i have the beta disc sitting in my drawer still. GT3 cam out when the ps2 was first released. that was before they even had a the network adapter to go online.

Bassani
11-03-2009, 03:55 PM
IDK, It very well may have been 4, I just remember Vapid, Hoot and others doing it through AIM because there wasnt online, just could have sworn that is was supposed to be in 3.

S10Draven
11-03-2009, 04:00 PM
there wasnt online in GT4...there was a beta test for it but it got pulled from the final game. as i said..GT3 came out pretty much at ps2 launch and the network adapter didnt come out till a little before socom was released if i remember right, cuz i had a hard time finding a adapter to go online with after i bought socom. but trust me...it was GT4 that was supposed to have online.

HTK
11-03-2009, 04:39 PM
So lets see what GranTurismo 5 has:

- 1000 Cars
- 70 Tracks
- Head Tracking (Using PSEye)
- YouTube (Replay output)
- 1080p
- 60FPS
- Track Editor (Confirmed Today)
- Custom Soundtrack
- Real-time Deformation Engine
- Interior Damage (This is the first time ever for any racing game to have a interior damage, meaning dashboard etc...)

- NASCAR (Official License)
- World Rally Championship (Official License)

Basically 3 games in one, when you include all the stock cars to NASCAR and WRC.

I think it's worth the wait and this is the difference between Forza and GT. GT is about bringing you a Real Driving Simulator, you won't see features like Custom Paint etc... like in Forza. Which can be a draw back but GT makes up for that easily with all the features it has. Basically 3 games in one.

I still never got people that say Forza 3 looks just like GT. This is simply not true if you've seen any HD videos or pictures. Like, it drives me nutz. How can you not see the difference?

[SS]Rator
11-03-2009, 05:15 PM
I just posted pics lol I can see the diff. And how is the paint editor a drawback?!

Its obvious no one will change your mind, diff strokes for diff folks. Enjoy it if it ever comes out! I'll probably be on Forza 4 on the 720 by then...

HTK
11-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Rator;115399']I just posted pics lol I can see the diff. And how is the paint editor a drawback?!

Its obvious no one will change your mind, diff strokes for diff folks. Enjoy it if it ever comes out! I'll probably be on Forza 4 on the 720 by then...

You sound upset, I cant see the picture cause I'm at work. All forza's to me at least, graphics wise try to do to much when in return it starts to look cartoony.

What I meant by drawback for GT fans not having Paint Editor and the community features Forza has.

[SS]Rator
11-03-2009, 05:57 PM
lol its just getting a little fanboyish. You cant deny that GT and Sony have shit the bed on the GT series. THought you were saying the editor was a drawback for Forza so sry bout that. But yea check the image comparisons, very telling. I know they both look diff and drive diff so its up to you what you want to play. I feel like Forza has much more to offer and continues to do so without making empty promises and has dumped 2 games on a next gen console so far. Its not even really something we can compare to each other. Gt isnt even out yet.

HTK
11-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Rator;115410']lol its just getting a little fanboyish. You cant deny that GT and Sony have shit the bed on the GT series. THought you were saying the editor was a drawback for Forza so sry bout that. But yea check the image comparisons, very telling. I know they both look diff and drive diff so its up to you what you want to play. I feel like Forza has much more to offer and continues to do so without making empty promises and has dumped 2 games on a next gen console so far. Its not even really something we can compare to each other. Gt isnt even out yet.

I agree, as I'm a big fan of Time. Time will tell everything eventually. Good discussion tho. I can be a :borg-007: sometimes hahahaha

[SS]Rator
11-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Yea take a look at the pics and see what you think. We should get a full feature list for both games in here too.

HTK
11-03-2009, 07:40 PM
That picture to me is just another fanboy attempt to justify the games.

Here's something for you, don't cheat on the score.

http://generationdreamteam.free.fr/Quizz.html

GT cars have more polygons than Forza 3 so I'm not sure why people think they look identical.

AEJustin1
11-03-2009, 08:49 PM
nice! That quiz was pretty neat I got 9 of 14

[SS]Rator
11-03-2009, 11:11 PM
That picture to me is just another fanboy attempt to justify the games.

Here's something for you, don't cheat on the score.

http://generationdreamteam.free.fr/Quizz.html

GT cars have more polygons than Forza 3 so I'm not sure why people think they look identical.

Ok those 2 pics were the only ones i could find quickly to compare, and they do point out some fanboyish things but real things too, like the reflections etc. Polys dont really matter, all the cars in both games look sick. So since they both look about the same, whats it come down to? Features? Gameplay? Online? yes. All of those. I dunno what GT is GOING to have to offer, but i know what Forza has already churned out and its pretty frigging good. Oh, and did i mention there are 2 of them out already? You still racing your demo? omg sorry lol...

oops edit, 11 of 14 honestly on the test.

Rush
11-03-2009, 11:19 PM
12 out of 14, the headlights gave it away on half of them

HTK
11-03-2009, 11:42 PM
I understand that Rator and by the way I just played Forza 3 for few hours with a friend. They both offer different features for particular players. But knowing GT's following and over 50 Million copy's sold worldwide. I'm sure GT5 will come out and surpass what Forza 3 has sold for the sole purpose of GT being a grandfather of the genre for the past what 10 years?

[SS]Rator
11-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Mk. But is the number of copies sold really the sign that something's better than something else? Plus you have to look at everything too. The 360 and the PS3 both have online communities, one has better features but you have to pay for it, the other has less but it's free. Is it better? Kind of a taste thing there i think, but i don't get any kind of sense of community on the ps3. Do they even out? Not really.

Now think of the installed user base. The 360 has more, but are YOUR friends on it? Most of mine are on the 360 so I'm going to play there of course. Will GT sell more than forza because it's better or because there just isn't any other decent racer for the ps3? Fanboyism cause people just love GT? Or because the Japanese love it? lol who knows.

I'm going to use Chenzo's old addage that it's like chicken and fish. You either like chicken or you like fish. You can't really say one is "better" than the other. You might like both. This case is more like comparing Swordfish to Cod except that they don't have the same features. If GT had a paint editor, you could try them both and say one's better maybe, but they don't so, kind of a taste thing there i guess.

Pretty sure they've sold more ford tauruses than shelby cobras, does that make it a better car?

DatGuy
11-04-2009, 12:41 AM
fight fight fight!!!!
http://amysrobot.com/files/ukraine_fight.JPG

HTK
11-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Rator;115427']Mk. But is the number of copies sold really the sign that something's better than something else? Plus you have to look at everything too. The 360 and the PS3 both have online communities, one has better features but you have to pay for it, the other has less but it's free. Is it better? Kind of a taste thing there i think, but i don't get any kind of sense of community on the ps3. Do they even out? Not really.

Now think of the installed user base. The 360 has more, but are YOUR friends on it? Most of mine are on the 360 so I'm going to play there of course. Will GT sell more than forza because it's better or because there just isn't any other decent racer for the ps3? Fanboyism cause people just love GT? Or because the Japanese love it? lol who knows.

I'm going to use Chenzo's old addage that it's like chicken and fish. You either like chicken or you like fish. You can't really say one is "better" than the other. You might like both. This case is more like comparing Swordfish to Cod except that they don't have the same features. If GT had a paint editor, you could try them both and say one's better maybe, but they don't so, kind of a taste thing there i guess.

Pretty sure they've sold more ford tauruses than shelby cobras, does that make it a better car?

How much did Ford Taurus cost and how much did Shelby Cobra cost? That comparison fails right there. I feel more a community on my PS3, it is free it lacks features. Are the features Live offers worth paying the price. In my opinion, I dont think so, simply because Sony with each firmware is justifying why its not worth it.

For example, Netflix.

To use netflix on the 360 you have to have gold subscription with live, which means you have to pay for it.

PS3, anybody can use netflix. Which leaves out the Silver subscribers out of the loop on the 360. Same thing with Forza 3, if you have an arcade 360. You can't play the full game which you payed for $60. How is that fair?

How about the 360 120 HDD $149.99, I can easily upgrade my PS3 for $69.99 to 500HDD. I pay less or don't pay less but so far I've been getting more back.

Next firmware with PS3 its rumored to have Cross Game Chat. My whole point is, the fact that Live is not worth the price and with every PS3 firmware it proves my point. By the way, I see Cross Game Chat ruining my online experience.

GranTurismo has sold $50 million on the PS2 with other racers, so you're point of PS3 owners dont have any other racers to buy so we're forced to buy GT is null. Do you know how many 3rd party racers have already come out? A lot.

S10Draven
11-04-2009, 11:01 AM
the taurus/cobra reference doesnt fail because you used GT sales over forza sales, meaning you think cuz it sold more its better. which isnt the case. i dont have nor have have i ever played on ps3 so i dont know what the online community is like, but in my past experience, sony is second rate in 90% of what they do. sonys lack of support for the online community is what helped me change to the 360 when i was lookin at a new console....oh yeah and also that all sony still had at that point was ps2. i will gladly pay a yearly fee if it means i have regular game updates and not empty promises.

HTK
11-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Draven-R;115442']the taurus/cobra reference doesnt fail because you used GT sales over forza sales, meaning you think cuz it sold more its better. which isnt the case. i dont have nor have have i ever played on ps3 so i dont know what the online community is like, but in my past experience, sony is second rate in 90% of what they do. sonys lack of support for the online community is what helped me change to the 360 when i was lookin at a new console....oh yeah and also that all sony still had at that point was ps2. i will gladly pay a yearly fee if it means i have regular game updates and not empty promises.

GT sales are pretty useless in next gen cause GT next gen is not even out. I'm point is it's a franchise that has a better following than Forza. Maybe it's the fact 360 is more hardcore and it's more popular with shooters than racers..

Live and PSN community wise, falls back on friends. If you have a friends on a certain console that you started with, regardless of what other console might have feature wise you'll be on the one with friends. All my friends are on the PS3 so I play that, while on the 360 I lack those same friends that I've had since SOCOM. So most of my friends are SOCOMers and of course on the PS3.

Community is where ever you really want it to be. I love both of my consoles, only thing about the 360 that bothers me is the fact that players that support the platform keep getting butt raped for money, and what's even worse the players are trying to support that message by defending it and not calling it out. Now that's a fanboy in my book. KNow what i mean?

[SS]Rator
11-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Im not replying in here anymore, its just getting retarded, you guys can feel free to continue.

AEJustin1
11-04-2009, 03:00 PM
I've got both consoles again and I'm looking forward to GT and have Forza 3 to help me pass the time till (IF) GT comes out. I love both series, I Love the paint shop and stuff in Forza a LOT, I think I painted cars more than I raced in Forza 2. As far as the regular game updates, PS3 does that very often as well as the 360.