PDA

View Full Version : A fraud by email attempt and the witty reply.

[SS]Midnight
10-24-2009, 09:07 AM
Michael
01-22-2004, 07:34 AM
LIBERTY GROUP OF COMPANY
C/O JAMES CONEL
7284 PROCOPIO CIRCLE
COLUMBIA.MARYLAND
21046.USA

Dear sales
I will like to order for this products below in your
store,

SONY ERICSSON P900 OF (20 qtys)

So kindly let me have the total costs and the shipping
costs via UPS 2-3 DAYS EXPRESS DELIVERY SERVICE to the
address below,so that i can make the payment at once.

Also to let you know that i will paying with a CERTIFIED CHECK issued by a US BANK.The check will be sent to you by my client in the UNITED STATES.

So here is the shipping name/address below for you to
calculate the costs:

JAMES CONEL
4 BELLO STREET
PAPA AJAO,MUSHIN
LAGOS,NIGERIA.

So,kindly mail us if acceptable and we can make the
payment for the transaction at once and you have the
item shipped as soon as the banking is done as the funds are cleared.

So, l will be looking forward for your quick reply
back today asap
regards
J.conel

My response:

Hi James,

Currently the P900 is selling for $65,284.55 each. Shipping is free. We accept payment only in wampum, delivered by carrier pigeon. I know this sounds strange, but it is the only way that we can protect ourselves from fraud. As you can imagine, there are an awful lot of very stupid, ridiculously simple-minded - dare I even say imbecilic - people out there that think they can pull the wool over our eyes. The worst seem to come from Kenya for some reason. Go figure.

In any event, we will ship the handsets to your preferred address as soon as we receive a deposit of half of the total wampum by carrier pigeon. I won't bother giving you our mailing address because, hey, carrier pigeons know that kind of thing already, right?

I'll have the boys start packing up the first batch of P900s in anticipation of the arrival of the first pigeon.

Thanks for your order, and god bless....

FYI, I mentioned Kenya because that is where the guy was emailing from. When people leave feedback, their IP address is run against a database that tells me where, in most cases, they are coming from. Helps to put their email in context, since people ask for help but often neglect to give me much information.

AEJustin1
10-24-2009, 03:30 PM
nice! lol