PDA

View Full Version : COD 2 Modern Warfare

[SS]Snakebite
03-04-2009, 01:29 AM
Some news for the next COD Modern Warfare.

http://tiltedscreen.com/?p=2896

March 3, 2009
First COD6 Details

Infinity ward has leaked some info on the new COD6. As im sure you know the next COD6 takes place again in the Modern Warfare world. Here is the leaked information

Click Jump to view leaked info

*Vehicles will be in MW2
*M16 will return, using stopping power will only be OHK at head, neck, and torso (abdomen, limbs, and hands/feet will not)
*Ak47 and M4 will return, unknown if there are any changes
*M40 will return, ACOG damage boost will be fixed
*Scorpion, P90, M21, R700, G3, G360 will not return
*There are more unknown weapons that will not return
*New sniper rifle: SR25M (United states forces)
*New Assault rifle: Diemeco C8 (Canadian forces M4 equivelant)
*New Assault rifle: L85A2 (United Kingdom forces)
*Total weapons in multiplayer are said to be around 35
*Favourite Modern warfare 1 maps will return
*Helicopters, air strikes, UAV will return
*Red dot sightings will come in different shapes for multiplayer (circular, square, original)
*Snipers will have special grass camouflage (As seen in Modern warfare 1’s campaign)
*All perks will return from MW except eavesdrop and others will be altered
*All gametypes will return from MW and all will have hardcore versions
*New gametype: Secure (Call of duty version of capture the flag, however you capture the enemy’s Intel)
*New gametype unconfirmed name, similar to search and destroy, however instead of trying to plant a bomb, you try to kill a specified enemy
*Solider customization for each class (and each country)
*Sniper with silencers will NOT be in multiplayer
*There are NO bots in local multiplayer
*Similar version to Nazi Zombies, however details are unknown
*NO guest players online, 1 player per console
*Killcam save feature
*There is blood and gore
*Offline/Online Co-op
*Story takes place in the Middle East
*Role as US marines return
*Ken Lally voice work in campaign
*Release is set for sometime in November
*New army tags will be available to add different elements in campaign (similar to halo skulls)
*Campaign-only weapons

[SS]Rator
03-04-2009, 03:03 AM
wow, too much awesome to comment. but new game modes, killcam saves, character customizations, coop, kickass. vehicles, not kickass.

DatGuy
03-04-2009, 03:08 AM
vehicles...hopefully thats only single player

Bassani
03-04-2009, 05:50 AM
Vehicles are fine IMO, non SD Snipers = not kick ass. Funny how ppl are calling it 6 when 5 isnt out yet...

NEO-X
03-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Bassani;104328']Vehicles are fine IMO, non SD Snipers = not kick ass. Funny how ppl are calling it 6 when 5 isnt out yet...

I was thinking the same thing..

[SS]Showstoper
03-04-2009, 08:16 AM
If it has one of these, I'll drive it all day...Vroom, Vroom...:DANCING-banana-032:

http://i43.tinypic.com/mvn5zq.jpg

Bassani
03-04-2009, 09:29 AM
You would have to race me to the drivers seat 1st there Show...

[SS]Snakebite
03-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Rator;104325']wow, too much awesome to comment. but new game modes, killcam saves, character customizations, coop, kickass. vehicles, not kickass.

QFT

[SS]Wally
03-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Killcam saves are only cool if you can view them embedded online.

[SS]Midnight
03-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Very awesome.

Not keen at all on these features....:
*Vehicles will be in MW2
*P90, M21, G360 will not return
*Helicopters, air strikes, UAV will return
*Sniper with silencers will NOT be in multiplayer

I liked those 3 guns...
the air support.....never liked it....ever. If you are going 7-0 you DO NOT need more help...seriously.
I would REALLY like to see an SD sniper....oh well.

And one not mentioned....GL's. Never liked them in ANY game EVAR. It is the only spawn killing weapon effective on 90% or more of the maps and one of the favorite team killing weapons. Boo! Hiss! That weapon is great for actual combat....but for competitive game play it just changes the game dynamic way too much in a negative way.

Mostly however I look forward to this game to save me from the WWII theme we got sucked into.....not a fan of WWII themes....

Oh and Bassani...I hear ya about the CoD6 bla bla. But that is just how everyone sees it....
Yesterday Activision Blizzard confirmed some rumors circulating around some of their upcoming titles.

First off, Call of Duty 6 is going to be a sequel to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and is now known as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Gamers can expect the title to hit sometime in fall 2009. Activision Blizzard also confirmed that Infinity Ward will be developing Moder Warfare 2.
http://wire.ggl.com/2008/12/04/activison-announces-codmw2-new-tony-hawk-and-james-bond-titles/

[SS]Rator
03-04-2009, 11:07 PM
list has been debunked i think.

Tagger
03-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Midnight;104395']Very awesome.

Not keen at all on these features....:

I liked those 3 guns...
the air support.....never liked it....ever. If you are going 7-0 you DO NOT need more help...seriously.
I would REALLY like to see an SD sniper....oh well.

And one not mentioned....GL's. Never liked them in ANY game EVAR. It is the only spawn killing weapon effective on 90% or more of the maps and one of the favorite team killing weapons. Boo! Hiss! That weapon is great for actual combat....but for competitive game play it just changes the game dynamic way too much in a negative way.

This about sums up my impression as well. And, what's up with that announcement quote? CoD 6 is actually ModWfr2 plus the number of kittens that died in China last year divded by the square root of wtf? And that's how we determine what to name the sequel folks.

Chenzo
03-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Rator;104398']list has been debunked i think.

It has been.