PDA

View Full Version : Suppression or Oppression ?

Dementor
01-01-2004, 04:24 PM
Give them an inch, they will take a mile ...

So the cops show up at 12:15 (Newyears) saying NO MORE fireworks, only sparklers. I say " You GOT to be joking", they say "No fireworks on Newyears since 2000". So, If you look at a clock, basically, Fireworks were legal 1 second, then illegle the next second.

I'm originally from Houston, Texas, and on Newyears there were more weapons being fired than fireworks, so I DO UNDERSTAND that BUT, Houston has never allowed ANY fireworks ANYTIME in the City limits, except Pro shows etc.

On the otherhand where I live, A small 1 horse town in the center of BUMFUKED Kansas, they not only allow fire works in the city limits, they allow SALES of fireworks in the city limits. So my point, When do the people of the USA start fighting oppression in our own backyard. We send our boys over there, to stop this this once it gets out of hand. I say, it's getting out of hand HERE, already ...
Just a thought ... I REALLY would like some feedback on this ....

[SS]Arkangel
01-01-2004, 04:37 PM
To the best of my knowledge, fireworks are illegal to fire in the United States.
Legal to sell, legal to own, but illegal to fire.

[SS]CJ
01-01-2004, 08:10 PM
Here is Oregon, fireworks are illegal. The only stuff you can buy over the counter is kiddy stuff. Here's the catch. We have several Indian reservations in Oregon. You can drive to one of those and get the good stuff. Also, Washington is only about 10 minutes away from my house. Fireworks are legal in Washington.

What does all this mean? I don't know.

Dementor
01-01-2004, 08:43 PM
I was wanting feedback on the seemingly obvious oppression, lol
Without looking at the Federal or State statutes, (Which I HATE to comment on without doing so) I would say that in the USA : Fireworks are legal to buy,sell AND transport in any local (State, County or City) municipality that allows sales. All the places I have EVER BEEN that allowed sales, possesion etc, it was OUTside the City limits. ANY state that allows sales, it is legal to discharge them outside city limits. Fed Statues Allow SALES and Discharge, Some states Don't allow sales therefore discharge or possession is illegal, BUT some Cities, (LIKE MINE) ALLOW sales and DISCHARGE IN the city limits. ( On the 4th of July but NOT on Newyears)
My point was, To make a celebration of life 1 time a year illegal, is just outright oppression.
These BASTARDS are just laying down and likin thier balls, like the cowards they are.
America OR AMERIKA what say YE ?

[SS]Raiden
01-01-2004, 08:47 PM
I say your way too deep in thought. buy the fireworks and hope not to be approached by police.

[SS]Arkangel
01-01-2004, 09:15 PM
When we go to Myrtle Beach, we buy fireworks. There are a ton of shops there exclusively for that. However, try and light them off, and the cops come.
Same goes for the shops in South of the Border.

Dementor
01-01-2004, 09:44 PM
i guess i will jus give up all my rights and hide in my house. i will not play anymore shooter games because that is probably against the law somewhere and will be here soon .... i will just lay down an tighten my blinders, i dont want to make any waves ...

Ya RIGHT, U will get MY GUN when U pry it from my dead fkn hands

[SS]Raiden
01-01-2004, 10:20 PM
you need some valuums, as in relax no one is gonna take your shit. just blow up your fireworks where your not gonna get noticed or harrassed

Dementor
01-01-2004, 10:42 PM
I have been laughing my ass off since I posted, believe me, I'm one of the most relaxed persons u will ever meet. I was however, surprised that noone agreed with my view of oppression. Seeing how this is a board concerning, (although a game) the most elete fighting force in the world. No matter how U phrase it, all our armed forces are fighting oppression of some type. Owell, I guess I was expecting a response more along the lines of:
Next they will be taking ur lighter or
At least they didn't take u to jail ...

I guess I will restrict my post to game matters ...

Sorry, I didnt mean to upset anyone ...

Now, if I can just convince my router that it is OK to allow my headset to work online, I will be happy indeed ...
:cool:

~~HF~~ Roket
01-01-2004, 10:44 PM
That last post was illegal, the police are on the way! :p

Dementor
01-01-2004, 10:50 PM
Better STAY AWAY from Copperhead Road:cool: I learned a thing or two from Charlie don'y you know ..