PDA

View Full Version : WaW patch

DatGuy
02-26-2009, 05:00 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/02/makinday.jpg

The latest patch for Call of Duty World at War hits the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 today, bringing with it a free daytime version of the Makin multiplayer map.

Just a re-lit multiplayer map? Isn't that a bit cheap? No, it's not cheap - it's free, and they've done a little more than simply changing the day, modifying some of the paths and cover found on the map in order to change things up a bit. You can't really scoff at free, especially when it's riding on a patch that fixes many of the game's more serious issues, like stat resets, multiplayer map exploits, and rocket jumping, which while incredibly handy was also incredibly unrealistic.

The new Makin Day map downloads automatically with the PlayStation 3 patch, while Xbox 360 users can download it once they're online in the game. For a full list of changes in the patch, check out the official World at War forums for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions respectively.

DatGuy
02-26-2009, 05:08 PM
here is what it fixed....apparently

I also wanted to give you a drilldown of some of the most pertinent items addressed in this TU.

Addressed in Title Update 2:
* Added support for downloadable maps – free downloadable map “Makin Day” now available to Xbox 360 & PS3.
* Improved geographical matchmaking.
* Nazi Zombies is now unlocked for solo & co-op games for EVERYONE in both private and public games!
* Added defensive measures to prevent “Stats Reset” when corrupt data is detected.
* Addressed issues where some solo progression data was lost when a player had collected Death Cards in a split-screen co-op game.
* Patched all known MP map exploits – this fix will also prevent players from passing through geometry/terrain if a new hole is discovered.
* Patched a number of Nazi Zombie exploits.
* Addressed an issue commonly referred to as the “elevator glitch.”
* Disabled “Rocket Jumping” – this eliminates the extra boost created by all explosive weapon types.
* Addressed some score reporting anomalies in the War and CTF leaderboards.
* Blocked the ability of players with lower level accounts from accessing higher-level Perks.
* Addressed an issue in Search & Destroy where bomb planting/defusing was disabled when opening the overhead map.
* Disabled ability to get unlimited ammo when prone with a deployed bipod.
* Addressed an issue with Bouncing Betties triggering when the player is within the detonation radius but behind a solid wall.
* Improved squad functionality.
* Fixed an exploit where Hardcore matches could be ended immediately by team killing.

If you sign in and can't seem to get the Title Update yet, chances are you were playing CoD:WaW earlier this morning just as the TU was releasing. In this instance, waiting a few hours will clear it up for you. Alternatively, you can follow these instructions to clear your Xbox 360 cache, and download the TU immediately =).

To clear your cache:
* Go to the Xbox Dashboard, select the System Blade, and select Memory.
* Highlight the HD symbol and press Y.
* Press X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X.

To download Makin Day:
* Go to Xbox LIVE Marketplace
* Browse All Games
* Scroll to "Call of Duty: WAW"
* Select "All Downloads"
* Tab over to "Most Recent" -> Makin Bonus map.

Or just click the button that will appear in-game after you download the TU!

We hope you enjoy the new updates, and the new map - will see you on the battlefield!

AEJustin1
02-26-2009, 05:23 PM
sweet! Thanks for posting

[SS]Rator
02-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Nice. Patch with real fixes AND free map, with the map pack coming in a couple of weeks. Nice.

[SS]Wally
02-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Yep, cool.

Has anyone seen any new pix of map pack besides this one?

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2009/02/cod_waw_dlc580.jpg

Tagger
02-26-2009, 06:08 PM
Thanks for posting dat Dat! And, thanks Treyarch!

Bassani
02-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Wally;104011']Yep, cool.

Has anyone seen any new pix of map pack besides this one?

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2009/02/cod_waw_dlc580.jpg

Yeah, but I cant say anything...

DatGuy
02-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Bassani;104018']Yeah, but I cant say anything...

lies make baby jesus cry

Bassani
02-26-2009, 07:27 PM
Ok, maybe I can say something, lol. Just didnt want to because I forgot where I saw it, but I did see one other map pic somewhere...

wrath-x-
03-01-2009, 03:46 AM
I didn't see anything in the patch details about the fix that made this game something other than GARBAGE. COD World at War is a joke of an online game. Its a bad copy of a good game (cod4). I refuse to play mp cod w@w. If I get the urge to play a fps........its cod4.........well that was until Friday. Now it appears that Killzone 2 is my idea of a kickass time.

AEJustin1
03-01-2009, 04:31 AM
I dunno right now my choices for best FPS games online are COD WaW/Gears 2 on 360 and Killzone 2 on PS3

wrath-x-
03-01-2009, 01:52 PM
I would much rather play call of duty 4 over world at war. There are so many things about world at war that ruin my experience that its not worth listing them all here. I will just say that upon entering a game, it is immediately apparent that something isn't right. If cod4 is an armani suit, Call of Duty: World at War is that cheap knockoff you can buy on the street, and it shows. I actually still plan on playing Call of Duty 4. I enjoy Killzone 2 quite a bit, but the beauty of it, is that it feels different than any other shooter.

Right now I actually have 3 good choices to fill my online shooting time.

Call of Duty 4: When i want a mindless run and gun game with retardo radar and idiot perks.

Socom Confrontation: (not a popular choice I know) When I want a tactically driven game where teamwork is still held in higher regard then all else. Hell, if the game actually ran smooth it would be by far my favorite game. But as it stands now, I can only stomach its glaring flawsy a few times a week.

Killzone 2: What can I say. Having a game mode in which every single objective is rolled into one all inclusive game mode is innovative. But it surpasses innovative in the fact that it actually feels natural and intuitive the very first time you play it. You think, "Yes, this is what an online shooter should be. Multiple tasks in one game." It forces the action as well as keeps things moving.

None of the above games are perfect, but they all offer something for me.

I should put in as a disclaimer that I cannot comment on Gears of War 2, as I don't have an xbox 360. But from what I've heard, it is an outstanding game as well. If I had an xbox, i'm sure I'd buy it to see what it was about. Maybe down the road, if xbox has something else to offer, gamewise.

Bassani
03-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Once you get past that the game is set in WW2 with WW2 era weapons and the tanks, its the same game...

[SS]Rator
03-01-2009, 04:14 PM
I didn't see anything in the patch details about the fix that made this game something other than GARBAGE. COD World at War is a joke of an online game. Its a bad copy of a good game (cod4). I refuse to play mp cod w@w. If I get the urge to play a fps........its cod4.........well that was until Friday. Now it appears that Killzone 2 is my idea of a kickass time.

Not the post to bring your game bashing skills to. Just a post informing everyone of the new patch since WE play W@W on the 360.

Youre welcome to post your "comments" in another thread more suited to your "opinions". Thanks Wrath.

wrath-x-
03-02-2009, 02:22 AM
merci beaucoup mon ami. I'll do my "best" to keep "that" in mind.

[SS]Rator
03-02-2009, 02:46 AM
"cool" lol "thanks", you can post your thoughts on CODW@W in here...

http://seasnipers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9968

Bassani
03-09-2009, 04:02 PM
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nXBszwrjfnM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nXBszwrjfnM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

[SS]Rator
03-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Thanks Bass. If anyone does know the release date, please post it up, thanks!

Bassani
03-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Ive heard Friday the 13th, but nothing has been confirmed except for March of 09, Somehow that got confused with March 9th and that is where that came from...

Nothing about it on JD's Twitter or the CoD HQ site that I can find.

Bassani
03-31-2009, 05:02 PM
Hotfix...

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=134675&sid=5783bda68b58f51b744283553632d47a

MP Castle is secure – you can no longer get under the map
Proactively addressed a few potential exploitable MP locations in other maps
Addressed all known Nazi Zombie exploits to-dateGuess the MP Matchmaking is still an issue???

DatGuy
03-31-2009, 05:03 PM
guess so

Bassani
04-24-2009, 07:20 PM
Released today...

Hi all,

There is speculation on what today’s TU addressed, so I wanted to dispel that and lay out precisely what was included.

First, we have been very aware of the recent illegal “hacks” that some users have been performing, some of which were spreading to other players who happened to play with these offending users. Because of the urgency of this exploit, we have fast-tracked an “Emergency TU” which is what you will download today when you boot up CoD:WaW.

This TU will address all known ways to modify the game. We will continue to investigate other methods to similarly mod the game for inclusion in future TU’s as well.

What exactly was going on?
Some users found a way to manually edit their Xbox 360 profile data. These profiles are encrypted and signed by Microsoft, so this was a non-trivial process. However, once that was accomplished, they were able to edit various game-changing variables which affected Multiplayer.

Note: performing these actions is a blatant and extremely serious violation of Microsoft license agreements. The consequences of these actions are severe – if you are caught hacking or playing a hacked version of the game, especially by interfering with Microsoft’s security systems, there is a high probability that you will be banned from Xbox Live, possibly permanently. While some may think it is “fun” or gives them some kind of short-term advantage, the long-term penalties are not worth it, I promise you. We have been collecting a list of users who we know to have hacked these security systems and are in discussion with Microsoft about next steps.

What could these modders do?
It is important to note that the security of your personal information was never at risk. The only things accomplishable by these mods were game-changing settings. The modded profiles affected a number of games, CoD:WaW included

Some settings could “spread” or “infect” other players, if the modded user was the host of a match. These newly infected users, when hosting, could then spread the settings to others. This continued until you restarted your game.

Did this TU address Matchmaking?
Yes. Ironically enough, when the reports of the game mods started to surface we had just finished work on an improvement to Matchmaking aimed at speeding up the process, as well as adding stability and party cohesion when searching for a match.

It is expected that search times will be improved, and your large parties will no longer break up when searching for matches. There will be continued improvements to this system in our next TU release as well.

Do not delete Makin Day! This was a band-aid “fix” some users have been suggesting to other peers. The reason this appeared to improve your matchmaking efficiency is because once you had removed Makin Day, there was a much smaller subset of players to search through for matching (since most players have Makin Day) – this will actually decrease the overall performance of finding reliable hosts and matches, and is not recommended.

Did this TU address Stats Resetting?
No. As described in the other Sticky post, this issue is much more complex and we are still testing the new profile backup / restore system we have designed. I know that my last post regarding Stats Resetting said it would be included in our “next TU”, but perhaps that should have been written as “our next planned TU” =D.

Hopefully that addresses the questions regarding today’s updates. We take illegal modding of Multiplayer very seriously, and understand the impact it has on the players.

Please report any new instances you find of game modding after your get this new TU, and let us know how your Matchmaking experiences have changed since this update.

Thank you, and regards,
-JD

[SS]Rator
04-24-2009, 08:05 PM
cool thanks. they are on top of things.

DatGuy
04-24-2009, 09:51 PM
yeah that had to be addressed immediately.

good thing they got the matchmaking fixed too, hopefully it runs smooth now