PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero: World Tour

[SS]Rator
02-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Yes its a RB ripoff, but it is very well done. Some say it's overcharted, but when i compared the same songs from GHWT to RB2, it was actually more charted in RB than GH. On the few songs that they duplicate anyway. I felt overall that the GHWT songs were NOT overcharted at all and were actually pretty accurate.

The tapping the regular buttons for some solo parts is so awesome i can't explain it, and the alternating sustains and picking while sustaining notes is fanfuckingtastic. I love it.

Can't comment on the drums until we play the actual GH set (only played with the RB set and its 4 drums not 5) so that remains to be seen. The rest of the game, the making songs etc, i didnt mess with and have no desire to yet, but seems super in depth. The level progression kinda sucks as you have to beat everything or replay them however you can change dificulty mid-song, nice feature if you get stuck.

Worth the $60 imo.

Bassani
02-19-2009, 06:59 PM
roommate has it for the Wii, I think all the instruments suck, but thats just me. I dont like the placement of the star power button, you have to palm it which can make you break combo, why not be able to tilt it like the other guitars?

As for the drums, the GH set feels like absolute crap. The pads are too close together, the cymbals are like hitting rocks.

The online matchmaking is crap.

Some of the features that it has is cool, but RB is king by far

Wait till you play bass boss, have fun getting use to the open notes...

[SS]Rator
02-19-2009, 07:06 PM
Why play bass when i can play guitar? And like i said , cant tell on the drums yet, dont care about the matchmaking but i think it does let you do band vs band, like 4v4 which is sweet. Youre not a guitar guy so you cant really comment on that end of it, like i said i dont care about the bass, but i want to see what we can do with the drums, chenz thinks it could have potential. we may frankenstein another kit and try to make it work. Anyone know how to do that? Like rip off 2 drums from an old set and wire them up to be cymbals for another set?

Bassani
02-19-2009, 09:13 PM
I played the guitar side of it too, the glassy solo notes are cool, I admit to that. I like the eggs and bacon cheat better though as it makes the notes easier to see. I think you should give bass a try, bet it takes you a while to beat BYOB on X bass...

As for your frankenstein kit, try scorehero, there are a bunch of guys who mod the toys. I wonder if Chenz invests into a regular electronic kit and rips apart a RB kit to make it work, then he may have the cymbal support for leftys that the ION lacks? Also then too, he should be able to use it with GH:WT ot GH:M

Dunno for sure though, worth a look though...

[SS]Rator
04-18-2009, 07:32 PM
Chenz and I played GHWT last nite and the guitar and drum work IMO trumps RB hands down. The one-hand solo parts and the staggered sustains on the guitar are a fantastically fluid addition while the 5th drum on the set adds another level of complexity as well as an enhanced instrumental "feel" to playing the drums. We were laughing, id look over and Chenz would be banging on the ride cymbal, too fun. The GH drums are very well put together and way more solid than the RB drums other than the fact that they rock a bit, however not when playing at all that i noticed.

Song list is "good", and looks like there are some nice DLC tracks. MUST HAVE Steely Dan's Kid Charmelenge for the solo.

Here's the wiki list of songs it comes with and DLC...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Guitar_Hero_4

Bassani
04-18-2009, 11:16 PM
Try bass with the open notes...

[SS]Rator
04-18-2009, 11:30 PM
maybe someday, but i play the guitar and drums on expert and that's about it. And its great for that.

Bassani
04-19-2009, 12:02 AM
try the bass though, its harder than you think, the open notes throw you off when you arent use to them...

Chenzo
04-20-2009, 12:58 PM
The drums. I like them.

[SS]Rator
04-20-2009, 01:59 PM
lmao

Chenzo
04-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Yeah... I could go into how I think the drum charts are mildly easier than RB (from the few songs that are in both games) and that I kinda like them to be hard...

I could mention that teh GHWT interface is wonky and whatnot.

I could point out that while GHWT does have some famous awesome songs, it's also got some not-so-famous shitacular songs.

I could say that I thought the RB2 drums were great when I first got them and that I really need to put a 100 hours into the GHWT drums before I could give them a true opinion.

But I won't.

heh.

The GHWT drums are really quite good. The pads are much nicer than RB's, the cymbals add a whole new dimension to the way the game feels. The pedal's action is 1000x better than RBs.

I'm enjoying it for the time being.

Rator needs to get GH:M and bring it over. THEN we'll see what's up.

DatGuy
04-20-2009, 02:14 PM
hope you can roll the double bass pedals chenz

Bassani
04-20-2009, 02:26 PM
The GHWT drums are really quite good. The pads are much nicer than RB's, the cymbals add a whole new dimension to the way the game feels. The pedal's action is 1000x better than RBs.

I dont see how you can play all cramped up on such a small kit. As for the pedal, it has no resistance and minimal movement. How can you use a slab of rubber? lol

Rator needs to get GH:M and bring it over. THEN we'll see what's up.

Have fun with Dyers Eve...

[SS]Rator
04-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Yea, I'll pick it up Chenz.

Chenzo
04-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Bassani;106924']I dont see how you can play all cramped up on such a small kit. As for the pedal, it has no resistance and minimal movement. How can you use a slab of rubber? lol

What? Cramped up? The pads are not any smaller than the RB ones, nor are they closer together. There's just cymbals between them. I dunno. Seemed totally natural to me.

As for the pedal, I have NO IDEA what yer problem is. It's AWESOME compared to the RB one. The minimal movement is PERFECT. The action is JUST right... You don't NEED a ton of motion. That was the problem with the RB one. You could move the pedal an inch but have it NOT register.

(Perhaps this is why you constantly break yer pedals. Maybe a little too much stompy stompy.)

[SS]Rator
04-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Yea im with Chenz, better action (less travel) on the pedal and the drums are actually bigger and spread out a bit more. Are you using the same set we're talking about lol?

DatGuy
04-20-2009, 02:49 PM
I cant comment on the WT kit as I have never used it...

I wish they would update the code to work with the ION though so it would have a 5 note chart instead of the 4, then id probably give drums more of a look, cause with 4 notes on the drum track everything is fucked up

Chenzo
04-20-2009, 02:54 PM
DatGuy;106928']I wish they would update the code to work with the ION though so it would have a 5 note chart instead of the 4, then id probably give drums more of a look, cause with 4 notes on the drum track everything is fucked up

Truth.

I didn't like the GHWT drum charts until I got the proper kit.

It IS fun to play.

[SS]Rator
04-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Yea we were just saying that they need to make the ion kit like the standard for bean charting. 4 drums, 2 cymbals, and at least 5 beans.

Bassani
04-20-2009, 03:44 PM
I played on the Wii Rator, IDK, I just dont like it. I like my REAL pedal. Maybe there is a way that I can get the ION's to work some how with the 5 lanes, other than that, I would need to go with a Roland E kit or something...

IDK, I just like movement when I drum, playing with all the pads and cymbals so close is so weak to me. Its nothing like drumming IMO...

Chenzo
04-20-2009, 03:56 PM
Bassani;106931']I played on the Wii Rator, IDK, I just dont like it. I like my REAL pedal. Maybe there is a way that I can get the ION's to work some how with the 5 lanes, other than that, I would need to go with a Roland E kit or something...

IDK, I just like movement when I drum, playing with all the pads and cymbals so close is so weak to me. Its nothing like drumming IMO...

How are the pads CLOSE!? I don't understand that. They're at the same distance and size as the RB pads?

And, I have a 'real' pedal too... but I didn't move it over from my RB kit. The GHWT pedal works great.

[SS]Rator
04-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Yea we're not comparing it to the ION kit remember, the GH pedal isn't a real pedal, but compared to the stock RB pedal, it owns. The drums set itself compared to the stock RB drums is better as well IMO.

As for playing on a real kit, drummers set their kits up specifically to how they play. Some arrange their drums high and spaced out, some real low and close, it depends on what suits you best. As far as i'm concerned, id rather have more drums closer together than spaced apart. It allows me to play faster since its more wrist motion than arm and body motion. But that's just me. Kinda the same on guitar, you want the strings closer to the fretboard so you dont have to press down as hard.

Bassani
04-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Yea, the pads are too close together for me, thus = why I cant play on a RB kit, the ION allows me to position everything where I want them, not in a fixed location that cramps ME up...

As far as the pedal, I like more travel there too, I guess its just from when I learned on real drums years ago that got me use to it, idk...

Bassani
04-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Oh, and as far as I know, this Destroyer pedal is the only aftermarket one that will work with a GH:WT kit...

http://www.rockbandpedal.net/drumpedals.html

[SS]Rator
04-20-2009, 05:06 PM
nice, but honestly, not needed for us anyway, the GHWT pedal is more than adequate. Tho i like Chenz's setup for RB with the real pedal and magnet/drum pad set up, the GH one took no time to get used to and is super responsive.

Sabotage
04-20-2009, 05:50 PM
I haven't touched RB much since I got my real kit but Bass it's called adjusting to your environment. Yes the Rb set is different from the GH set and yes they are both different from the ion and yes they are all different from a real wood set but I can still play all of them with the same ammount of accuracy because I adjust. I honestly don't care about the gear for either game I just like RB better as the game itself.

Bassani
04-20-2009, 05:59 PM
I like the feeling of movement and not being restricted to such a small area.

Anyway, if Rator and Chenzo like their little toys, lol, thats fine, BUT... be prepared for hell when you see Dyers Eve among others...

[SS]Rator
04-20-2009, 06:02 PM
lol ok Mr. 9 guitars 5 drumsets and 8 mics, and Sab, have you played the GH set ON GHWT?

Sabotage
04-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Rator;106942']lol ok Mr. 9 guitars 5 drumsets and 8 mics, and Sab, have you played the GH set ON GHWT?Yes and I can play it just fine but I don't like it not saying there's anything wrong with the drums because well.... I don't like playing it on the RB drums either. Guitar IS ok on GHWT but I still prefer everything on RB. Now Metallica that's different becuase the songs make me pee myself so I kinda ignore the fact that I'm playing GH.

[SS]Rator
04-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Chenz and i have decided that it's good to the point that it warrants a switch from RB to GH and back and forth from time to time.

Sabotage
04-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Yes I agree. There are parts of both games that are different and better than the other, I totally believe that to be true but then you also have to go back to showing that Rb did it first but that's a different day because that's fanboy territory.

Bassani
04-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Again, yes, lol. My roommate has it for the Wii...

Chenzo
04-21-2009, 10:48 AM
That destroyer pedal is almost EXACTLY the same thing as my ghetto set up. Shit, I even have the Gibraltar Bass Practice Pad (Which actually has a divot in it from when I had a 'hard' mallet on the end of the pedal and while playing RB and hitting the same spot over and over and over, I dug out some of the rubber... hahaha)

I haven't tried my pedal on GHWT, but I didn't see a need to do it since the pedal that comes with it is fine. I figured when rator buys GH:M and brings it over, I'd try it then so that I can use the default pedal as the second bass pedal. I don't see why it wouldn't work tho, but we'll see.

I played on the GHWT Wii set this past weekend oddly enough. It's the same thing, there's no difference between it and the 360 set. And after I looked last night, the GHWT set's pads are actually larger than the RB set, and they're actually spaced out more - So, Bass, I don't know why you seem to think it's all close and too tight when you were able to play on the RB set fine. I think you just didn't give it enough time to learn to play with the 5 beans.

And after this comment:

Anyway, if Rator and Chenzo like their little toys, lol, thats fine, BUT...

I'm just guessing yer a ion kit fanboi... I'd get those if they weren't so expensive. And they worked with GHWT. And the cymbals actually lefty flipped.

And as I said before. Let me play on the GHWT kit for a while to see if it actually can last. It's nice right out of the box, but let me ghetto the crap outta it and we'll see.

Bassani
04-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Sigh...

It is that the pads are all too close left and right for me. For example, all the pads are contained within the width of your shoulders whereas I like something more spaced out as if I was to spread out my arms, I would want the end pads out as far as my elbows. That make more sense of how it is too close for me?

I am not an ION fanboi either, lol, I do have them and they have their problems as well, after repeated beating over and over, the rubber heads have worn away from the area where I have been hitting them, they are also much louder from when I first got them too though they are still quieter vs a stock RB kit.

As for the 5 colum chart, it has NOTHING to do with that. I would actually prefer that myself as it just adds to the drumming, but I dont have a WT kit or the $ to invest into a better E kit like a Roland or something where I can use the kit with WT.

As far as your double bass, do not be surprised if your second pedal doesnt work, I know people have been having problems getting 2 pedals to work properly, like if your left foot is down, the right wont work, your left would have to be off the pedal for the right to work and vice versa. So good luck with that.

Chenzo
04-21-2009, 11:38 AM
So yer saying the RB set is ALSO too close and too small for you?

Bassani;106962']I am not an ION fanboi either, lol, I do have them and they have their problems as well, after repeated beating over and over, the rubber heads have worn away from the area where I have been hitting them, they are also much louder from when I first got them too though they are still quieter vs a stock RB kit.

AH, that sucks. This was my thought originally. I'd rather just but a new RB3 kit (or whatever) when I need to. This is also what I want to see what happens with teh GHWT kit. The pads are all nice and bouncy and quiet... for NOW... but let me hit them another 200,000 times and see what happens.

And yeah, I don't particularly want to play double bass, but I'd try it if it were available.

I still stand by the fact that I want a HIGHHAT pedal more than a second bass pedal.

Bassani
04-21-2009, 12:00 PM
So yer saying the RB set is ALSO too close and too small for you?

Yes

AH, that sucks. This was my thought originally. I'd rather just but a new RB3 kit (or whatever) when I need to. This is also what I want to see what happens with teh GHWT kit. The pads are all nice and bouncy and quiet... for NOW... but let me hit them another 200,000 times and see what happens.

And also my pads have air bubbles in them, not like what yours has, but it is like a giant air pocket so to speak. This has been another problem with the IONs as well. It is the glue that they use inside. Guess the wiring inside is pretty crappy too, prolly used really thin wires to cut on costs and such

BTW, you have the Beatles kit coming out in a few months, lol $250 for the complete set...

And yeah, I don't particularly want to play double bass, but I'd try it if it were available.

Yeah, I hear you there, I don't really care to learn a double bass myself, though it could be fun. When I played a long time ago, it was only with just 1 pedal, so a double setup would take a little getting use to

Sabotage
04-21-2009, 03:45 PM
I already bought my new kit.... oh wait. Close enough.

http://forksdrumcloset.com/zc/images/4002.jpg

[SS]Rator
04-21-2009, 04:34 PM
i have a double bass pedal just like that from years ago, and i remember them not being respnsive enough for me to be able to use, but bear in mind that was like 10+ years ago. Let me know how you like it.

Bassani
04-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Maybe because you play heel down?

The only thing that I see bad about that pedal is that its a single chain vs double, should still be ok though, its a DW...

[SS]Rator
04-21-2009, 05:31 PM
lol no, i can basically double bass one footed heel down. I think it was just the model i had back then, i think it might have been a DW. Id rather play 2 full on bass drums in my kit than have a double pedal, tho Neil Pert uses a double pedal, at least he did in the one show i saw on tv.

Sabotage
04-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Rator;106981']lol no, i can basically double bass one footed heel down. I think it was just the model i had back then, i think it might have been a DW. Id rather play 2 full on bass drums in my kit than have a double pedal, tho Neil Pert uses a double pedal, at least he did in the one show i saw on tv.....$99 or.....$300-$600 for another decent bassdrum plus pedal? I think we all would rather play two bass drums than a double pedal.

[SS]Rator
04-22-2009, 03:19 PM
yea i dont remember, i think i frankensteined it to make just a single pedal.

AEJustin1
04-22-2009, 10:38 PM
Found a GREAT deal on GHWT that I might just have to jump on

http://www.walmart.com/Guitar-Hero-World-Tour-Band-Kit-Xbox-360/ip/4103837?sourceid=22032751090313959269

Sabotage
04-23-2009, 02:19 AM
Yea that's a pretty good deal. I would probably buy it if I hadn't bought that pedal, mainly for the metallica game which I haven't bought yet and by the time I actually do that it will probably be down to that price anyway.

Bassani
04-23-2009, 04:26 AM
wow, $100 for the complete set...

Chenzo
04-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Bassani;107050']wow, $100 for the complete set...

Yeah, not bad at all.

AEJustin1
04-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Well I didn't get the whole band kit, but I did just order this http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11019050 and with that $25 gift card I will order the Rock Band 1 drums http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8811790

AEJustin1
05-06-2009, 03:15 AM
I finally got everything in!! So I'm up for some Guitar Hero online and even rockband 2 online! :)

Chenzo
05-06-2009, 09:46 AM
Nice. Sentcha a friends request.

DatGuy
05-06-2009, 12:51 PM
I finally got everything in!! So I'm up for some Guitar Hero online and even rockband 2 online! :)

good times Justin, we'll play some rock band this week or this weekend

Sabotage
05-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Sent you one too. One day we'll get a full band going.

DatGuy
05-06-2009, 02:01 PM
yeah, Sab can sing

AEJustin1
05-06-2009, 02:52 PM
hahha alright I accepted both requests, sounds fun to me!

Bassani
05-06-2009, 03:33 PM
I've got bass...

Chenzo
05-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Wait, Justin, what instrument do you play?

Bassani
05-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Thats a good Q, lol, doesnt really matter though, all of us can do anything, Sab is the only one who can sing though, Chenz just doesnt like to do anything but drums anymore...

Chenzo
05-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Bassani;107536']...Chenz just doesnt like to do anything but drums anymore...

it's true. hahaha.

DatGuy
05-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Bassani;107536']Chenz just doesnt like to do anything but drums anymore...

well that alright cause chenz will still play with people online, not like Rator, he's frightened

Bassani
05-06-2009, 04:17 PM
I think Ive seen Rator maybe twice online to play RB?

BTW, Chenz... Where has Phil been, I havent seen him online in like, oh, idk, forever?

Chenzo
05-06-2009, 04:24 PM
He hides.

He's even more anti-social than I.

[SS]Rator
05-06-2009, 05:11 PM
I get to play RB/GH once a week and thats at the Chenz's. If we go online we go online but chances are slim. Thats how we roll.

DatGuy
05-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Rator;107549']I get to play RB/GH once a week and thats at the Chenz's. If we go online we go online but chances are slim. Thats how we roll.

...chicken
http://go635254.s3.amazonaws.com/eatdrinkbetter/files/2009/03/chicken-reduced-300x231.jpg

[SS]Rator
05-06-2009, 05:18 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KJKyqWeVDHw/R4VhyT_dYZI/AAAAAAAAAMQ/QTp3NGlGvMk/s400/Douchebag.jpg

55%

DatGuy
05-06-2009, 05:20 PM
you keep saying 55%, yet I never see you get on to defend your honor with some score duels...keep hiding baby its ok

[SS]Rator
05-06-2009, 05:31 PM
No no, here's how it works, you WATCH ME IN PERSON lay down 55%, then you PROVE to ME that you can lay down better. Yea, thats how it works lmao...

STILL waiting...

BTW, here's you...
http://www.theodoresworld.net/pics/1206/55Image6.jpg

DatGuy
05-06-2009, 05:33 PM
LMAO....whatever you think that proves doesnt stand up to the fact that you are afraid to score duel me...

[SS]Rator
05-06-2009, 05:36 PM
lol didnt we just go over this? finish the Jordan competition first, then we can do another one.

DatGuy
05-06-2009, 05:41 PM
lol...kk...scaredy cat

[SS]Rator
05-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Your rockometer doesn't reach here evidently...

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n277/rachelw77/55.jpg

DatGuy
05-06-2009, 05:45 PM
LMAO

AEJustin1
05-06-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm up for guitar, about the only thing I can really play atm, my drums are too loud at night to play them right now, till I get me some silencers lol. I'm damn near perfect on Medium level on guitar lol, I hear ya'll play higher levels but that's cool, I'm still ready to rock and roll

Chenzo
05-07-2009, 08:44 AM
Rator;107549']I get to play RB/GH once a week and thats at the Chenz's. If we go online we go online but chances are slim. Thats how <strike>we</strike> I roll.

FTFY

I actually will play online from time to time.

Altho, when I've got band members in person, I don't generally play with online people. It gets too problematic.

Ghetto Drums FTW