PDA

View Full Version : Beatles game

DatGuy
10-30-2008, 01:24 PM
http://kotaku.com/5070885/mtv-and-apple-corps-join-forces-for-beatles-music-game

During a teleconference being held by Apple Corps, Ltd and MTV this morning, the two companies, along with Harmonix, announced an exclusive partnership to create a brand new video game featuring the music of the Beatles. This seems to be a new game that will allow friends and families to experience the music of the band in an all new way.

Other than a brief mention of Rock Band during the teleconference, so far no mention has been made of the band's songs coming to Rock Band or Rock Band 2. In fact, Harmonix's Alex Rigopolis stated during the call that this is not a Rock Band expansion pack, but an all-new game title built from the ground up.

The game will be a journey that will take you through the entire Beatles catalog, from the first album to the last. There will be an interactive music performance involved using music controller peripherals, but they stress that the game is not a Rock Band title. Visual exploration of the Beatles will be a big part of the game, though they were not prepared to discuss more on that at this time.

They were also not prepared to discuss the possibility of Beatles music coming to Rock Band at this point, which I suppose still leaves the possibility open.

So how did MTV and Harmonix snag The Beatles? Apple Corps. representatives said that it was the fact that they (Harmonix) originated the music band genre, and they were impressed by both companies' passion for music.

It was stressed that this was indeed an exclusive deal for The Beatles music as far as video games are concerned.

The game will take advantage of many Rock Band elements, and will be compatible with existing Rock Band peripherals.

And thus ends the teleconference. That's all we have so far, but we'll keep you posted as more details on the Beatles game emerge.

Chenzo
10-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Stand Alone...

wtf?

First AC/DC, now this.

Shit... perhaps they'll patch it to let us export the songs.

sigh...

I can dream, can't I?

DatGuy
10-30-2008, 02:04 PM
yeah who knows chenz, but its the entire fuckin catalog

[SS]Shooter
10-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Get a life button-clickers.

Chenzo
10-30-2008, 03:00 PM
Shooter;98161']Get a life button-clickers.

Balls.

Suck them.