PDA

View Full Version : SOCOM: Confrontation Beta

Drunk_Couzens
08-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Sept 1. is the Date set in Stone. Will anyone be there from these forums besides Datguy (who has issued a forum wide challenge on Playstation.com).
Trying to get a nice locked down room day 1 to test everything I possibly can to help clear any bugs that may still be in the game. Let me know and I'll add some names when we get a little closer to the 1st.

Just in case people are unaware of the news about the beta program and how to obtain it, here you go:

Quote From Abigale:
''Hi, All-

It's great to see you all so happy about the Public Beta announcement today! I am so glad we finally were able to let you know more about it!

Since the announcement, I have seen a lot of questions floating around. So I will try to answer the questions I can in this thread. I will update it if I see other questions I am able to answer throughout the day.

Where can I get my voucher?

You can order it either through gamestop.com or go to your local Gamestop store.

When will it be available?

For in-store pick up, they are arriving at your local store throughout this week and next. So go to your local store and get them. If they don't have them yet, let them know you are waiting for them!

What are the details for getting my friends in?

* Get your code from GameStop
* Go register at the URL indicated on the back of the Public Beta voucher
* Wait until you get the Promotional Code in an email from PlayStation when the Public Beta goes live on 9/1
* Download the game (you FIRST!) and then give out the code to your two friends

If I previously pre-ordered on GameStop.com, am I still in the Public Beta?

Yes

What if I am a QORE subscriber?

You get in by purchasing either just the June Edition or the full-year subscription to QORE. You get in one week later than the GameStop pre-order program. More details to follow soon.

Can I still get into the Open Beta if I purchase just the Blue-Ray version and not the headset bundle?

Yes. The pre-order program applies to both versions.

Can I participate in the Open Beta if I live in Canada?

Yes. The pre-order program is through EB Games and they will be getting their vouchers in the coming weeks. More details to follow.

I live in Canada and I pre-ordered from GameStop. There is no store anywhere around me. Will they ship the code to my house directly??? Or email it?

In Canada, you will only be able to get into the Pre-Order Open Beta program through an EB Games Store. You will not be able to get in from ordering online.

If I got to GameStop or EB Gmes to pre-order now and they don't have the codes yet, can I come back into the stores to get the voucher when they are available?

Yes, you can come back and pick up the voucher.

Is there a limited number of vouchers?

Yes. When they run out of vouchers, there will be no more issued and the Open Beta will be considered full. There is no cut off date per say. It will just be over when the vouchers are all gone. So hurry and get yours as soon as your local store has them!

If you are in the closed beta, do you get to be in the open Beta?

No. Being in the Private Beta does not get you into the Public Beta. If you are invited to the Private Beta, you will still need to go through the same process as everyone else to be in the Public Beta."

DatGuy
08-08-2008, 01:19 PM
did you see the gauntlet I threw down at PSU drunk?

[SS]Rator
08-08-2008, 01:26 PM
besides Datguy (who has issued a forum wide challenge on Playstation.com)

Sorry, our next SS practice, i'm teaching the guys how to read...

DatGuy
08-08-2008, 01:31 PM
I dont read Rator, I skim...lol

Drunk_Couzens
08-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Heheh yea, I was pumped to see you on there asking all those rook's to "bring it on". They ate it up and loved it. Little stuff like that I think really lifts there (somewhat impatient) spirits and holds there socom addiction at bay for a day or 2.

harley7
08-21-2008, 06:57 PM
beta beta beta beta. 11 more days, make sure to get your codes.

[SS]Midnight
08-21-2008, 07:15 PM
beta beta beta beta. 11 more days, make sure to get your codes.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/theboy2k/beta.jpg

Bassani
08-21-2008, 07:21 PM
I guess I'll be there...

harley7
08-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Midnight;94674']http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/theboy2k/beta.jpg

thats the psu confrontation forum, all about the beta.

ill add, please sorny, give canada the codes too.

[SS]Midnight
08-22-2008, 02:39 PM
The PSU forums is full of nut jobs and idiots. They have nothing to post yet they post 1500-3000 post A DAY.

harley7
08-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Midnight;94720']The PSU forums is full of nut jobs and idiots. They have nothing to post yet they post 1500-3000 post A DAY.

full of idiots, but not everyone is.

[SS]Midnight
08-23-2008, 04:21 AM
full of idiots, but not everyone is.By all means NO.

There are many people on the forums there with great input and discussion. Pretty much all the old school crowd, and even a lot of the new ones. But there are just a lot that have flocked to the forums in the last year or so that are...pretty much spam.

Just venting my the frustration of having to sift through 1.5k-3k of posts a day just to find the 50 or so meaningful/informative ones.

And don't get me started on the "I went 2 eb games 2 get my beat code i c a lot of u talk bout stuff an i r teh pwn"

....... I want to strangle them. srsly.....

harley7
08-25-2008, 12:56 PM
yes, there still are some good people posting, luckily im not one of them.

since im in canada, ive been feeding the canadina thread. silly kids going to eb games on a sunday to see if any beta codes arrived since the day before! thats all, off to eb for my beta code.:icon_wink: