PDA

View Full Version : "Fort Frag"

~~HF~~ Roket
12-20-2003, 12:54 AM
Hey Guys

You would have seen me around here for a while now as I love your site, and have tried to model my clan on what I have heard here.

As with most clans, we would like our own website which is nearly complete. The point of all this rambling is that I would like to display the Socom Online maps on our site and would like your blessing to do so. We will make sure you guys get recognition for these maps, and this is the paragraph we are thinking of using:

"I must point out that the online maps displayed on this site were generated by Generator Studios in US for Socom Clan "Sea Snipers". We appreciate their efforts in creating these maps so that we may use them for tactical purposes. The HellFish take no credit for the actual creation of these images."

The words "Generator Studios" and "Sea Snipers" will be links to there respective websites.

What do you think?

[SS]Rator
12-20-2003, 02:14 AM
Hey Roket,

Thanks for the compliments!

And what you wrote is fine, thanks for asking permission also. That's stand-up.

You want the socom 1 maps tho right? You dont have S2 yet, is that correct? I am working on the S2 maps now and i will also be altering the S1 maps (theymade minor changes to them in S2) The Tactical Whiteboard will still have all socom 1 maps and socom 2 maps.

Any questions, shoot me an email.

Thanks again,

~~HF~~ Roket
12-20-2003, 03:22 AM
Thanks Rator

Yeah it's Socom 1 at this stage, but I would love to get my hands on the Socom 2 maps to show off too. Any idea when they wil be ready?

We wont have Socom 2 until March but Sony is looking at Beta testing soon. All Socom Beta testers, myself included, look like getting Socom 2 for the new trials sometime next month.

Cheers

[SS]CJ
12-24-2003, 04:59 AM
Roket, you might want to wipe your keyboard off. Probably lots of saliva on it since the release of Sandstorm.

~~HF~~ Roket
12-24-2003, 07:51 AM
I think it's to late for that, better get a new keyboard :p

[SS]Cuervo
12-24-2003, 11:18 AM
Well Rocket.. your input on the new map??

~~HF~~ Roket
12-24-2003, 03:29 PM
As always the quality of the map looks top notch, Rator really knows his stuff.

Looks like a very interesting map to play on, can't wait. I take it this is one of the "Breach" maps I have heard of?

BTW our new website is up and running, you will notice that our Code of Conduct is very much like yours. Hope that's ok, but I felt you guys summed it up so well, there was no need to change it.

http://freewebs.com/hellfishclan/

[SS]CJ
12-24-2003, 06:51 PM
The Seals pick up the bomb thats right next to their spawn point. Then they breach one or all of the breach spots. Then they have to make it to the bomb placement area and plant. The terrorists will either rush or camp it up. But all in all, its seems to be a pretty fair map. When S2 finally get down under, you'll know what I'm talkin about. There are a couple of maps that are really lopsided.

[SS]Cuervo
12-24-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by ~~HF~~ Roket
As always the quality of the map looks top notch, Rator really knows his stuff.

Looks like a very interesting map to play on, can't wait. I take it this is one of the "Breach" maps I have heard of?

BTW our new website is up and running, you will notice that our Code of Conduct is very much like yours. Hope that's ok, but I felt you guys summed it up so well, there was no need to change it.

http://freewebs.com/hellfishclan/

i would quote Rator/Seasnipers some how in that code of conduct. Maybe something like "Inspired by the Sea Snipers" or something.. im sur eyou know what i mean

~~HF~~ Roket
12-25-2003, 06:18 PM
Yeah I'll put a reference to the [SS] in there somewhere.

That new map sounds great.

Tagger
01-02-2004, 07:12 PM
Rocket,

I really like your clan logo. It's really kick-ass.

~~HF~~ Roket
01-02-2004, 10:21 PM
Thanks Tagger

I just wish we could connect to the same servers as you guys. The HellFish are pretty successful down here, it would be great to test ourselves against some US clans

~~HF~~ Roket
01-06-2004, 07:55 PM
You guys have inspired me again.

I've been jealous of your sound effects on the website for awhile now, and have just added some to our own site. Not really flash, but it fits the military theme :cool:

[SS]Rator
01-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Hey Roket, i gotta say your site looks real nice. like the sounds too. I see you got the maps up too. That was quick! Keep up the good work! PS: thanks for the credits on your site too.

~~HF~~ Roket
01-06-2004, 10:16 PM
Thanks Rator

Credit where it's due, those maps are very useful and look great. It's only right that we make sure you guys get credit for them.

[SS]Cuervo
01-07-2004, 11:33 AM
Great job Cap.. site looks great... love the music.. maybe/hopefully/ when you guys get on socom II.. then you can play along with us

[SS]ProXimo
01-07-2004, 01:23 PM
Looks great Rocket.

I do like your Logo. It's unique.

~~HF~~ Roket
01-07-2004, 06:36 PM
Thanks guys, I am only just learning html so it's great to get possitive feedback. :D

At this tage Sony Australia have no plans to connect us up to the US, hopefully when Socom II is released here (March we are told) we will be able to connect to US servers. We are pretty successful against Aus clans, but would love to test our skill against clans from all over the world.

We can only hope. :rolleyes:

Weeper
01-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Rocket,

The only problem I would see in trying to play together is LAG because of the distance and TIME difference.

I used to play with some people that lived in Hawaii and I got so tired of the LAG and TIME difference that it made it very difficult to play together.

BTW ... I have good friends in Australia ... great people.

Your site looks awesome too ... good work!!!

[SS]Rator
01-07-2004, 07:08 PM
FYI, i think European clans etc, cannot play US clans cause they run on PAL and not NTSC tv signals.

[SS]Cuervo
01-07-2004, 07:27 PM
not true Rator.. has no stake on what type of PS2 they have.. I played Everquest for PS2 with somoene from UK. They use the same servers.. Its all a matter of connecting to the servers..

~~HF~~ Roket
01-07-2004, 08:35 PM
Yeah, PAL or NTSC doesn't matter. I play Need For Speed Underground with US players quite often, but the lag is a bit of a problem. Maybe one day it will be possible without lag causing to much trouble.

[SS]CJ
01-08-2004, 10:02 AM
Roket, Do you play with US SOCOM 1 players right now? I've gone nostalgia a couple times and logged onto SOCOM 1, was just wonderin where to look for you.

[SS]Cuervo
01-08-2004, 12:10 PM
Socom 1 isnt set up for cross-international play. They new Sony servers are.. there isnt a problem with international players on everquest:fronteirs, but then again.. a person on dialup can play that game.

What is scary is that i think SOny plays to put everyone on ONE server since you see their max used base is 100K, and i havent see it go past 40K yeat. BUT.. there are "UNIVERSES" so i can see Sony putting up different "UNIVERSES" ie "SERVERS" for maybe East & West hemisphere etc..